Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: bluegate

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
With Tesla facing ever more competition, and having had its charging plug design agreed upon as the US standard, you'd think that Musk would want all hands on deck for expanding his company's Supercharger network to get the brand's name in front of more people.

That would be the case if Elon Musk was a mature, functioning adult. Instead, he fired the entire Supercharger team because he got mad at the department head.

Some people want this guy to get us to Mars....
Well he's "won" now, so he can just take however long he wants to do it. I'm sure that was the logic in his mind when he signed off on firing them all.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

A long time in the making. Oh hey, is that Musk's BBF Peter Thiel?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
With Tesla facing ever more competition, and having had its charging plug design agreed upon as the US standard, you'd think that Musk would want all hands on deck for expanding his company's Supercharger network to get the brand's name in front of more people.
Classic autocrat play: teach the peons not to challenge authority otherwise they'll face catastrophic outcomes.

I guess it's better than the old days, when they sent in the Pinkertons / National Guard / etc. to subdue them with a rather more drastic form of firing.