Injustice 2 Mobile celebrates Pride month....by beating up a bisexual lady

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So many companies are doing the Pride month thing. Except their Middle East divisions of course, fake progressiveness can only go so far after all. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2-diwlVEAIiGcl.jpg

But one company is finding out that sometimes you just shouldn't celebrate at all.

Injustice 2 mobile put out an event for pride month in which it encouraged players to beat the shit out of Poison Ivy (who is a bisexual character apparently) essentially excouraging players to show their pride by beating the shit out of an LBGTQ person. Turns out this was a stupid idea and they have been forced to apologize for it.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Was it, though? Lots of free publicity.
In this case, I think it was.

The reason companies try to jump on the pride bandwagon is because they want to sell their shit to queer people. They want to signal to queer people that their brand is queer inclusive, and in this case WB ended up accidentally revealing the exact opposite.

There are some stupid fucking queer people out there, which is why people fall for this shit in the first place. There are still Disney gays who somehow haven't clocked that Disney actually hates them. But in general it's hard to believe that any queer person would think that an event called "love conquers all" where players are encouraged to beat up a fictional bisexual woman was a good idea.

So what they've accidentally told us is that either no queer people are involved in running WB's marketing around pride, or that they were so marginalized within the whole process that the obvious problems were not picked up.

Sure, they might pick up a few sympathy points with the "freezpurch" crowd, but at the end of the day those people don't care. Those people don't have any reason to think about the media they consume and whether the people making it actually hate them, or are trying to remove people like them from media, or are actively siding with politicians and governments that want to take away their rights. Those people don't need reassuring so there's no money to be made in reassuring them.

Anyway, fuck corporate pride.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think it was a lazy attempt to highlight Poison Ivy as a character and the easiest way to do that is to make her a challenge boss.

Anyway, fuck corporate pride.
Its annoying but its also super useful. Not only is it a barometer for the national feeling about certain groups, it also reaches much further then advocates for said group can. Assuming its actually nationwide and not just targeted at certain areas. A cheerios ad that shows someone with 2 dads is more likely to reach flyover country then the best organized march on a college campus.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I thought it would've been a better plan, to have an event around Poison Ivy, where you play as her and go do some specific challenge? *shrugs* Makes sense to me to do it that way. Most games, when they are highlighting something, do it that way during a promotional thing.

Also I guess it's kind of fitting, given that even a lot of the LGBTQ+ community dislike bisexuals, maybe it was a really deepcut joke of "everyone hates bis, even the gays!" ? *shrugs* Probably not, that would require more thought than the company put into it I'm sure

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I already posted the video in the video and article thread on the gaming forum. I have no problem seeing it posted elsewhere. People need to know.
I actually thought this was a fairly small story, and was actually surprised to see Jim cover it as an entire episode. Then I watched the episode and it's more of the same from them. Corporations evil, yada yada.

But it's notable for me because I rarely see anyone openly say that the "pride" these companies show is, and always will be, bullshit. I've seen people complaining about companies NOT making a pride statement, and boycotting their goods until the company (as if the company is a person that must have some sort of morality) takes the right stand.

Not of these companies care about you, they don't are about pride, they don't care about the political landscape of anything outside of how they can use it to advertise. And even negative press (as the kind we've seen with people burning their Nike shoes and the like) only generates more eyes to the company and their product. However that doesn't make them evil the way Sterling constantly tries to apply to it.

My whole problem with that sort of mindset is, is that I usually see anti-capitialistc retoric from people who've clearly not been able to hold jobs. Sterling themselves has been unable to work with any sort of entity, unable to handle the environment in which other people have to deal with their behavior. Destructoid, Escapist, and they constantly complain about Youtube. If Sterling's Patreon support continues it's downward trend, they're gonna have a real problem getting an actual job to stick. This isn't unique to Sterling either, because it's happened with quite a few extremeists under the SJW/PRIDE banner of folk. Of course they hate a system in which they personally cannot hope to succeed in because they view only a world in which everything and everyone is against them.

OT: The poison Ivy thing is stupid. It's not a real person so getting upset about it is dumb. I'll always thing it's dumb especially when Ivy's rainbow colors were added artificially decades after her first appearances. The event wasn't malicious I don't think. They probably just used her because it's an easy event to code and she's the only person on the roster known to be LBGT+ so they could flag it as pride whatever. Dumb Mistake, but far from anything worth being that made about.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I actually thought this was a fairly small story, and was actually surprised to see Jim cover it as an entire episode. Then I watched the episode and it's more of the same from them. Corporations evil, yada yada.

But it's notable for me because I rarely see anyone openly say that the "pride" these companies show is, and always will be, bullshit. I've seen people complaining about companies NOT making a pride statement, and boycotting their goods until the company (as if the company is a person that must have some sort of morality) takes the right stand.

Not of these companies care about you, they don't are about pride, they don't care about the political landscape of anything outside of how they can use it to advertise. And even negative press (as the kind we've seen with people burning their Nike shoes and the like) only generates more eyes to the company and their product. However that doesn't make them evil the way Sterling constantly tries to apply to it.

My whole problem with that sort of mindset is, is that I usually see anti-capitialistc retoric from people who've clearly not been able to hold jobs. Sterling themselves has been unable to work with any sort of entity, unable to handle the environment in which other people have to deal with their behavior. Destructoid, Escapist, and they constantly complain about Youtube. If Sterling's Patreon support continues it's downward trend, they're gonna have a real problem getting an actual job to stick. This isn't unique to Sterling either, because it's happened with quite a few extremeists under the SJW/PRIDE banner of folk. Of course they hate a system in which they personally cannot hope to succeed in because they view only a world in which everything and everyone is against them.

OT: The poison Ivy thing is stupid. It's not a real person so getting upset about it is dumb. I'll always thing it's dumb especially when Ivy's rainbow colors were added artificially decades after her first appearances. The event wasn't malicious I don't think. They probably just used her because it's an easy event to code and she's the only person on the roster known to be LBGT+ so they could flag it as pride whatever. Dumb Mistake, but far from anything worth being that made about.
There is no yada yada about it. Especially if it's true. I'm not saying every corporation is evil either, but there are many that exploit minorities or those different from them for a profit yet at the same time wikk use the system to abuse them when they're no longer needed. Like Jim said, there are corporations that will happily say they're proud of gays and all that, but will be more than happy to fund anti gay or anti-trans bills at the same time. That's something that can't be ignored. That is an evil. Hypocrisy thy name is jerk face. Sure, you have your "gray" areas, but just because it's "legal" doesn't make it right. And Sterling even pointed out that, there are people who still keep falling for this where the corporation(s) apologizes and then ends up doing the same thing either the next year within a few months even.

If you don't care, that's fine at all, but that's because it doesn't affect you nor somebody you actually care about that either lesbian gay, trans by, or whatever. I do have friends and family that are part of the lgbtq community, so keep that in mind. Corporations may not care about politics all the time, but they will when it's convenient or when it affects their bottom line.

Don't make excuses. WB knew better. And while yes she was made bi later., That started with getting crap past the radar gag where it's implied Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn slept with each other in their first episode together in the Animated Series. If they really wanted to celebrate gay pride, she will be a playable care. Even if it only care about was the money. There were so many ways they could have prevented this from going wrong, but here's a better idea: hire a fucking consultant that's part of the lgbtq community. So disasters like that won't ever happen again or not as much. It's what blacks and people of color have to deal with when they make commercials that are tone deaf and lead to unfortunate implications. Hire some people of color so you can prevent disasters like that from ever happening again and you won't have to come out with these fake ass apologies.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It's what blacks and people of color have to deal with when they make commercials that are tone deaf and lead to unfortunate implications. Hire some people of color so you can prevent disasters like that from ever happening again and you won't have to come out with these fake ass apologies.
I agree. Though I do have some issue with this statement here and it's something Sterling brought up too.

I personally would think it fucked up to hire a Gay, or a black person just so the company can go, "Hey Black/gay/trans person, we are going to do this thing with a black/gay/trans character. Is that cool or wack yo?"

Surely in a big corporation they would have employees already hired that are PoC's and or LBGT. Why not just bring in a focus group of those employees to provide feedback.

That way they aren't hiring the person just to be the token minority that they use to ask minority questions to.

Right? Because surely if Coke came out with a new gay bottle design and said, "oh dont worry we hired a bunch of gays to make sure this was okay." also probably wouldn't go over well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
personally would think it fucked up to hire a Gay, or a black person just so the company can go, "Hey Black/gay/trans person, we are going to do this thing with a black/gay/trans character. Is that cool or wack yo?"
The funny thing is, most people wouldn't even be offended by that. It shows that they at least care about who they're marking towards and what not to do. Especially when most of those are up top are white or male. Especially those that won't let someone of color into their little circle or someone that is of a different sex preference.

Surely in a big corporation they would have employees already hired that are PoC's and or LBGT. Why not just bring in a focus group of those employees to provide feedback.
You would think that, but no. It's an idea that can work, but if that corporation has very few people of color/LGBTQ or none at all, they won't bother in the first place. Hitd right back to the first problem. Or if they are racist, sexist, or ant-gay/trans, that too goes back to the first issue at hand.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
but if that corporation has very few people of color/LGBTQ or none at all
That would be highly suspect honestly. If a corporation of any real size someone managed to not hire a PoC or LBGT person it would have to be a very long term coordinated effort company wide, and would simply be impossible to exist for any period of time in today's world. Because people would find out, and it would come to light.

Likely I think the marketing teams, and/or the higher ups simply do not put in that much effort into aribituary things like Black History Month, BLM, or Pride. To then it's just an easy low effort marketing scheme that doesn't need to be thought of beyond turning your logo a different color for a while.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That would be highly suspect honestly. If a corporation of any real size someone managed to not hire a PoC or LBGT person it would have to be a very long term coordinated effort company wide, and would simply be impossible to exist for any period of time in today's world. Because people would find out, and it would come to light.
There are places like that still exist. You just have to know where. And it depends on who's hiding and how far they're connected is why you never find out.

Likely I think the marketing teams, and/or the higher ups simply do not put in that much effort into aribituary things like Black History Month, BLM, or Pride. To then it's just an easy low effort marketing scheme that doesn't need to be thought of beyond turning your logo a different color for a while.
That is the big part of the problem. It goes hand in hand into what I mentioned earlier. If they don't care to research but, but act like they care then that is hypocrisy at its finest. Lack of research, lack of caring, lack of getting an expert or getting a group to tell them what is and what is okay. There's nothing wrong with fact checking, just be honest about it and straight to the point. They can do any of the simple things, but they don't want to because they're either too stupid, too short-sided, too greedy, or think they're being smarter than everyone else. When they were the exact opposite. And when they do none of those, the same crap is going to keep happening over and over again.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
But it's notable for me because I rarely see anyone openly say that the "pride" these companies show is, and always will be, bullshit.
I think that's really symptomatic of a lack of exposure to queer voices, or more specifically of queer voices who are not affluent gay men.

A partner of mine actually used to volunteer for the organization that runs Pride In London. I could tell you all kinds of stories about the absolute bullshit that happens behind the scenes to facilitate corporations benefitting from pride, and how it fundamentally shapes the event in ways that are hostile to the communities its supposed to be "celebrating", but there's no need. Much as corporate pride loves to code them as such, queer people are not all white middle class gay men with big houses and nice jobs in media or finance, and if you're not in that bracket you're probably angry about corporate pride, but of course if you're not in that bracket noone listens to you anyway.

My whole problem with that sort of mindset is, is that I usually see anti-capitialistc retoric from people who've clearly not been able to hold jobs. Sterling themselves has been unable to work with any sort of entity, unable to handle the environment in which other people have to deal with their behavior. Destructoid, Escapist, and they constantly complain about Youtube.
Have you considered that perhaps games journalism is not not actually a very good job, that it's certainly not a stable or reliable job, and that (like games development itself) the vast majority of people who get into it do end up leaving. James Stephanie has frankly lasted an obscenely long time in a job that does not provide anyone any security. Also, youtube is shit. Every mid-level youtube channel is suffering, especially those who rely on the ad economy.

If Sterling's Patreon support continues it's downward trend, they're gonna have a real problem getting an actual job to stick.
Well, yes. Because they're a transfeminine non binary person, a group who is overtly and pretty explicitly discriminated against in the job market, as well as on youtube, which is part of why youtube is shit.

The event wasn't malicious I don't think. They probably just used her because it's an easy event to code and she's the only person on the roster known to be LBGT+ so they could flag it as pride whatever. Dumb Mistake, but far from anything worth being that made about.
Again, noone actually cares about Poison Ivy. The entire of DC's output could be fed into a woodchipper and humanity would probably come out better for it. The problem is that it's a dumb mistake, it's a mistake so dumb that only straight people (or extremely out of touch gay men) would make it. The problem is how that happens. How do you have a corporate hierarchy which is so devoid of queer voices or basic understanding of queer issues that noone stopped to say that this was a mistake, or if they did they were not listened to, and that is symptomatic of something very real. The irony that it happened as part of a shallow corporate attempt to insert itself into pride is only the delicious irony on top of the shit cake.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think that's really symptomatic of a lack of exposure to queer voices, or more specifically of queer voices who are not affluent gay men.

A partner of mine actually used to volunteer for the organization that runs Pride In London. I could tell you all kinds of stories about the absolute bullshit that happens behind the scenes to facilitate corporations benefitting from pride, and how it fundamentally shapes the event in ways that are hostile to the communities its supposed to be "celebrating", but there's no need. Much as corporate pride loves to code them as such, queer people are not all white middle class gay men with big houses and nice jobs in media or finance, and if you're not in that bracket you're probably angry about corporate pride, but of course if you're not in that bracket noone listens to you anyway.

Have you considered that perhaps games journalism is not not actually a very good job, that it's certainly not a stable or reliable job, and that (like games development itself) the vast majority of people who get into it do end up leaving. James Stephanie has frankly lasted an obscenely long time in a job that does not provide anyone any security. Also, youtube is shit. Every mid-level youtube channel is suffering, especially those who rely on the ad economy.

Well, yes. Because they're a transfeminine non binary person, a group who is overtly and pretty explicitly discriminated against in the job market, as well as on youtube, which is part of why youtube is shit.

Again, noone actually cares about Poison Ivy. The entire of DC's output could be fed into a woodchipper and humanity would probably come out better for it. The problem is that it's a dumb mistake, it's a mistake so dumb that only straight people (or extremely out of touch gay men) would make it. The problem is how that happens. How do you have a corporate hierarchy which is so devoid of queer voices or basic understanding of queer issues that noone stopped to say that this was a mistake, or if they did they were not listened to, and that is symptomatic of something very real. The irony that it happened as part of a shallow corporate attempt to insert itself into pride is only the delicious irony on top of the shit cake.
Thank you.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I agree. Though I do have some issue with this statement here and it's something Sterling brought up too.

I personally would think it fucked up to hire a Gay, or a black person just so the company can go, "Hey Black/gay/trans person, we are going to do this thing with a black/gay/trans character. Is that cool or wack yo?"

You think they don't have this already? I mean of course they do, but it clearly didn't work. Also, sometimes people just do not SEE what the problem is. I mean hell, Sterling themselves, before they came out as trans, flat out said that a lot of their very early criticisms about trans representation in games and feminist representation in media, came from a place of ignorance, because it wasn't a lens that they saw the world through. Jim flat out said "It actually took a person, sitting me the fuck down, and explaining how these things that to ME, didn't seem like a big deal, were actually a problem for them. And I feel like shit that I didn't see it sooner, and I'm sorry for a lot of the things that I said back then when I was young and dumb."

So even if they have a focus group to consult, if the entire group is hetero, they honestly might not even see the problem. And clearly they didn't. So either they DON'T have anyone on staff, to actually consult, which if true, Jim's comment about "just hire some" is still valid. OR, they DO have a team, and that team is oblivious to the problem, which again, makes Jim's comment about "Just hire some!" still valid!

I mean I'm against just hiring people ONLY because of their demographic, but if the very POINT of hiring someone, of having a position in your company is "You are the person we consult to make sure things we do/make, don't piss off Demographic X" then...I mean yeah, why NOT hire someone from Demographic X? If I'm making a panel to discuss the perception of marketing to the black community, why the FUCK, would I hire people not of the black community for that very job? That's just silly.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You think they don't have this already? I mean of course they do, but it clearly didn't work. Also, sometimes people just do not SEE what the problem is. I mean hell, Sterling themselves, before they came out as trans, flat out said that a lot of his very early criticisms about trans representation in games and feminist representation in media, came from a place of ignorance, because it wasn't a lens that they saw the world through. Jim flat out said "It actually took a person, sitting me the fuck down, and explaining how these things that to ME, didn't seem like a big deal, were actually a problem for them. And I feel like shit that I didn't see it sooner, and I'm sorry for a lot of the things that I said back then when I was young and dumb."

So even if they have a focus group to consult, if the entire group is hetero, they honestly might not even see the problem. And clearly they didn't. So either they DON'T have anyone on staff, to actually consult, which if true, Jim's comment about "just hire some" is still valid. OR, they DO have a team, and that team is oblivious to the problem, which again, makes Jim's comment about "Just hire some!" still valid!

I mean I'm against just hiring people ONLY because of their demographic, but if the very POINT of hiring someone, of having a position in your company is "You are the person we consult to make sure things we do/make, don't piss off Demographic X" then...I mean yeah, why NOT hire someone from Demographic X? If I'm making a panel to discuss the perception of marketing to the black community, why the FUCK, would I hire people not of the black community for that very job? That's just silly.
Somebody gets it. That's basically what I was trying to tell Critical earlier.

Reactions: happyninja42

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well it might not be a very good job, but neither is working at McDonald's and Sterling likely couldn't work their either. A lot of a job is about the mindset you have going into it. Some might say that working a Garbage Dump is a shitty job, but my uncle works for a garbage truck company driving around picking up trash and then having to clean that nasty shit out of the truck everyday. It stinks, it's hard work, it's gross, but my uncle is the happiest fucker I know. And it isn't even like they pay him a shitload, he doesn't work for the city so his benefits are basic and his pay is middling at best. But he has the mindset for work ethic and being able to make the best out of things. Which is something that i don't believe Sterling or many other of these progressives have.

They perceive everything as a slight against them, because of being Trans or whatever. But it is perfectly possible to be trans, dress like a normal fucking person (per business typical dresscode) and just work the job to the best of your ability without everything around you having to cater to your trans-ness. It is these attitudes that make a person unhirable, and incapable of making a place for themselves that for the most part works decently well.

AS for Youtube being shit, I'll lump Twitch in here as well, but these are platforms that have no obligation to their creators whatsoever. Too many people think that Youtube is a real job and creators should be treated as employees but they aren't. Youtube is a service provider and nothing more. Same for Twitch. They provide a platform in which everyday people can create (almost) whatever content they wish. And in the trade off for these platforms putting ads on your video is to get you some pennies for it.

Upon these platforms some people have found success, but that in no way creates obligation to Youtube to treat them specially or act as if those ads can't go anywhere else. Twitch kicked Dr. Disrespect to the curb without warning as they can boot any creator regardless of status for any reason because you do not work for them. You use the platform and that is all.

If you are lucky enough to have success then great but it will not last forever so prepare for the end. Which is the problem with relying on basically crowd funding. It's fine while you can do it, but when you rely on it you'll find yourself a decade older with no real work experience.

You talking in general terms or specifically Sterling? Because we only have their word that Youtube has gone to shit on them on the basis of their "coming out". When there have been many many many complaints in comment sections and on reddit before they transitioned that the content was going to shit. On top of that Sterling doesn't usually run ads on their videos and relies on Patreon for income, so Youtube being ass is meaningless because they aren't making a living off Youtube. Those that sub to them still get notifications of their videos and the number of viewers is meaningless when you aren't monetizing anyway. So that Youtube is ass bullshit they want to pull doesn't mean anything.

As far as discrimination towards transfeminine in the job market Sterling certainly hasn't shown proof of their discrimination, and I don't think they've been applying to normal jobs. Not saying that discrimination doesn't exist in this regard, but I can't help but point out that if Sterling showed up to a job interview with my company wearing a rainbow striped shirt, big red sunglass, and an unkempt wig, I would immediately not be hiring them. Because how you present yourself matters, and even if you are capable of the job if you come across as a flamboyant nutter who's presence will likely cause disruption in the office then you aren't getting the job. Be a grown adult make yourself presentable, and not like you come across as a fucking problem.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
It stinks, it's hard work, it's gross, but my uncle is the happiest fucker I know.
Are you sure?

What does happiness mean in this case. Does it mean never complaining and always trying to see the best in every situation, or does it mean living a life you are proud of?

They perceive everything as a slight against them, because of being Trans or whatever. But it is perfectly possible to be trans, dress like a normal fucking person (per business typical dresscode) and just work the job to the best of your ability without everything around you having to cater to your trans-ness.
Firstly, try it.

Go out and try it. See how far you get. See how long it takes you to encounter hostility, or violence, or discrimination, because it won't be long. I know you're not going to actually try and do it because you're not actually capable. You're not strong enough to even pretend to live our lives, you and I know you'd break like a twig.

Secondly. No. That sounds shit. Why the hell would I or anyone spend our lives caring about what some cishet person thinks. If I had the ability to care about that, I'd literally have killed myself years ago.

Being trans, or queer, means you've already failed in the eyes of heterosexual society, it means you had to develop a sense of identity that was distinctfrom what everyone else thought of you just as a means to survive. It means you have to really think about what it means to live a good life, because you were never going to have what other people considered a good life.

That's why a lot of queer people end up in art, or creative industries because these are places where you get to be a little more of an individual and where you get to express yourself rather than constantly having to worry about being a "normal fucking person." Because maybe.. and I can't wait to watch your little heterosexual brain try to wrap itself around this, being a "normal fucking person" can actually be really miserable, and maybe for some people it's worth not having job security or a good salary if it means not having to constantly worry about whether you're being adequately normal. Maybe tying your entire identity to a job that requires you to be a "normal fucking person" is just a terrible idea when society has already decided that you're not.

Here's a song that might be relevant.

Not saying that discrimination doesn't exist in this regard, but I can't help but point out that if Sterling showed up to a job interview with my company wearing a rainbow striped shirt, big red sunglass, and an unkempt wig, I would immediately not be hiring them. Because how you present yourself matters, and even if you are capable of the job if you come across as a flamboyant nutter who's presence will likely cause disruption in the office then you aren't getting the job. Be a grown adult make yourself presentable, and not like you come across as a fucking problem.
So, James Stephanie's persona on yotube, and especially on the Jimquisition, is a persona. They've always been incredibly explicit about that. It's not a real person, it's an act or pretence that a real person is putting on that is somewhat authentic but also exaggerated. In short, it's drag. It's always been drag, which is why you don't understand it because cishets don't know what drag is. Regardless, someone showing up to an interview would put on a different persona in order to appear professional. This idea that queer people are unprofessional or disruptive because queer people sometimes use a flamboyant persona for entertainment or to communicate among themselves is actually really queerphobic. It's kind of like assuming that black people are disruptive and unprofessional because they must always talk in AAVE. Just because you don't know how to code switch, don't assume everyone else is as socially incompetent as you.

Secondly if your standard of professionalism requires gender conformity, for example not wearing a wig, then you're kind of a dick. Even binary transwomen don't suddenly flip into looking like Laverne Cox one day. There's going to be times when someone isn't perfectly passing, and if you can't deal with that, you're not "professional", you're just a professional asshole. If your workplace genuinely can't accommodate someone who is doing their best to meet your standards (leaving aside the question of whether your standards should even matter) then it's not a fit place for humans to work at all.

Noone deserves to have to work for some shitty little office tyrant who uses their position to target trans people because they're scared having trans people in their place of work might be disruptive. Grow the fuck up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaluikhain