It's ok to be angry about capitalism

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Always found Joseph Plumb Martin's Memoir of a Revolutionary Soldier interesting that way, he was palpably bitter and hostile towards the US government, general populace, soldiers outside his unit and officers inside...but still somehow loved the US.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Always found Joseph Plumb Martin's Memoir of a Revolutionary Soldier interesting that way, he was palpably bitter and hostile towards the US government, general populace, soldiers outside his unit and officers inside...but still somehow loved the US.
that, I think, makes a lot more sense. the problems with the United States are rather more specific than just having the quality of being the United States. Everything there is to be angry or just not to like about the United States is contingent on other information, not an ontologically necessary property of being the United States. Capitalism, on the other hand, is a rather precise description of a large amount of what people tend to find awful about living in the United States.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I'm quite certain that most Americans like their boss and their job and only feel that way about the federal government. I can do the legwork on this one:

Perhaps your personal internet hell is not representative of reality. Seems like people wanting power in the hands of the people and places they like is perfectly logical.