Skyrim 10 year Aniversery Eddition

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
If you are wondering if its worth getting, I have hadfun. It comes with all of the Creation Club Mods, so if you enjoyed them they great. If you like Vanilla or Modded skyrim, this will be fun for you. If you don’t

Well, there are other games more deserving of your money in this economy. Been playing this practicly none stop for a month, and here are the ones I have done so far. The 10th aniversery edition seems t come with the creation club so lets review that

Oh, and try to get to the Hall of Standor thing before you reach level 10: I realized I missed a mission and a set of armor from this. After level 10, the Dawnguard DLC kicks in.

Magelight Keep: Looks awesome, and the library is impressive enough, and seems to be everything I could want. However everytime I tried putting books on the shelves of the library was a mess which kills it for me.

New Arrows: At the crafting station you can make exploding elemental arrows! You can also buy them. Bone arrows do normal damage and seem to be on par with Ebony and can be made with any bone material. You can also make the exploding elemental arrows with the appropriate salts (fire, frost, Storm) from their Autronocks. They are fun. Not much for a stealth mission, but I killed one vampire with it in a cave and she ended up bouncing off the wall like a Pin Ball. Its fun using this on bandits and seeing them get airborn like they ticked off a giant. This was worth it

Pets: This was cute. So far I found a couple of bugs from the Saints and Seducer’s Quest Line ( next paragraph) that can both follow you, aid in battle by doing some boots, carry stuff, and provide some poison you can coat your weapons. The SKeiver can carry stuff, and find food (found in the Sewer System in Riften), The Spider doesn’t do much but carry stuff (found in that one cave with nothing but the spiders), Thistle the Rabbit can have a collar and can be found by the Alchemist Shack. She gets you alchemist ingrediants. THe Bone wolf can be found after you get a letter and deal with a necromancer, and he just carries weight. Hilda the goat can be procured in Rorikstead and can produce milk and carry quite a bit of gear. Some of the animals can carry packs that increase their carry weight. Dwemmer Mudcrab an carry stuff, found gold coins at least once, and is procured by the dwemmer expert in Markaroth.

My problem is they can take up an entire area of the house if you are not carful, they can get in the way. However you can tell them to stay at any of your homes and they will so you can have one at each one if you like. You can’t have all of them at once, but you can have some follow you aound. And if you, your cary weight potion, you can go to your alteration spell section and summon one for free, and then it will head home. Don’t see them at your place you unload your loot? COnjur them there, and take their stuff. Like with the romance one I talked about, it’s several steps in the right direction but I think it has a few things that could be improved on. A Frostspider that attacks your enemies with poison bites, or the Bone Wolf being more than a sled dog hauling your things.

Saints and Seducers: Tal kto Ri'ssade the cat incharge of the caravans, and you will notice a new converation option. Pick it and he will give you a not on where to find some bandits giving his caravans problems. They will have mixed gear, incorporation the Golden Saint or Dark Seducer arms and armor from Oblivion (kind of Greek armor look on males, and tradition sexy armor for females). Their camps have the two bug things I mentioned earlier. Use the one cave by the Dragon Word Wall in Farkaroth with the Dead Wood Elf to get you a cool Warhammer, another in solitude that gives you the books to conjure your own saints and seducers as well as a whole hoast of new crafting materials. ANd you can learn to craft if yourself from a chest under the bridge near the lumbermill with the vampires running it. All this after completing the initial quest to deal with the bandits attacking the caravans. It’s a fun little group of quests, and one that you can have a lot of fun with. Now if only there was more cheese to go with it. You can now also get Amber and Madness ore to make some impressive things on with the forge.

Fishing: Took me a little bit to get this one, but there are new fish and you can get them by fishing at atas with fishing supplies (need fishing rod equipped) or in various ponds such as gold fish. You can even catch a whole Slaughter fish. You need to wait for something to make hold on t our rod (if your controller vibrates for longer than a second if that helps) and you yank it in. Sometimes this is common fish, sometimes something rarer, and sometimes its junk that has just been collecting at the bottom of the lake. That said, you can also find some unique gelwery (such as a ring that makes you 15% faster) and some top tear loot like a Daedric ax. You can cat the fish the old fashion way for the most part, but it’s a fun divertion.

Bloodchill Cavern: You get a dinner invitation. Located in a cave near that creepy lighthouse wish all the Charus, it doesn’t take long to figure out vampires are involved. They are not hostile at first, and there are plenty of living people, but ost of them are there to for a dead guy’s revenge (with you as a wild card he never bet) and once you get your menue, you have to fight off te vampires and gargoyals. Survive and talk to the survivors and get a spooky manor to live in. I don’t use it much, but its fun.

Forgotten Seasons: This is over by the tower near Bard’s Leap, but you will notice part of a mechanical horse. Enter the cave you get yourself several missions in one. Not going to spoil this, it was a lot of fun, the Dwemmer horse you put back together is only the icing.

Hendreheim Mannor: Between Bard’s Leap and Farkaroth, you can get an invitation to this place. You talk to the woman, say you were invivted there and she fights you do the death. Win and you get the manner with a big areas to house your arms and armor. Its out in the middle of nowhere but has everything you could want for the most part. Has a place to put your claws and Dragon Preists Masks for display, and can even display the various favored Daedric Weapons you get from missions like the Mace of Molach Bol, as well as some of the special weapons you get from the game like Urial’s bow. Even has a spot for all those butterflies in jars. Not much else to say.

Tundra Homestead: This is a homestead over by the farms outside of Whiterun. Fully funsishd, complete with an underground area to display several weapons and armorss, including slots for the dragon claw pule keyes and the various dragon preist masks. Ever feel like the house in WHiterun is too small? Upgrade. Has stuff to bake as well as go in the cast iron pot. Also bound to get some saber tusk pelts as the one by that one treasure chest you find near Windhelm on one of the maps will come around. Been a couple of times I played Hide and Go Seek or Tag with theadopted in game kids and KITTEH!

Mythic Dawn: you receive a letter from someone that is repentnet and wants you to perform Sendar’s mercy near his shrine by Swindler’s Den. This leads you to fighting the Mythic Dawn that hasn’t died down. You fight in a couple new dungeouns that are absalutly gorgeous, one that looks like it has to have built by the ancient elves by the look of the Wights in it, and another that I am just going to let you see for yourself. An awesome ride to fight the cult that caused the Oblivion Crissis with some new weapons and even a summon.

Random Spells: I like a bunch of them, but some are just too numerous. Have a tone of new summons including various skeletons as well as some new elemental spells that hit with all the elements…and explode. Fun times had by all.

Undead: Lots of new undead to strait up summon from various skeletal warrior, Spectors, skeletal warlocks, and ZOMBIES! Yep, we get the walking dead from DOOM or Oblivion. Get a letter saying you are need to stop a summoning ritual, you show up too late, and after you kill everything you can find several conjuration tombs and even buy some later. Now every now and then you will come across a horde of fast zombies wielding all levels of 2 handed weapons. They hit hard, usually come in groups of 2 to 10, and frankly gave me a challenge as if you are not using powerful enough spells or put enough perks in your weapons you will be going through your food and potions. When you make sure they stay dead this time, not only do you get some good loot to sell to market, their flesh is used in alchemy crafting.

Forgotten City: A difficult but intriguing quest line. You find yourself 20 years in the past in a dwemmer city with a small number of people in it, all scared if they do something bad or wrong the Dwemmer Centurions will come alive and kill you (and yes, they are invincible, I tried). However if you fail, you can head back to the boathouse and start over as you are in a ground hog effect. Can you get back to your time and fix what is wrong with this town? Its hard, and not everything can be answered by murder (I know), so you have to figure things out, talk with the fully voiced cast of characters, and it may take several run throughs before you get the right answer. May want to do this later in the game. Also don’t carry a lot when you go in as you can’t easily get out when you loot the enemies again and again and again.

SHadowfoot Sanctum: Found in the Ratway and purchased by the barkeep there, it opens up far from impressive with lots of water running down, but inside is a nice cozy home for you and your family.

A mission to challenge the opposing side of the Civil War: Find a note in the Drunken Huntsman bar, and head to Solitude with he Persuation Perk unlocked, or that one little town outside of WIndhelm with some snowbear pelts and get some arms and armor of that side. Then head to an empty patch of land between the farms and that one Falmer cave by Whiterun, and fight. You will be the champion of one side joined by 5 warriors of that faction, and fight the champion and 5 soldiers on the other. You can loot the other champion for a cool sword, two handed weapon, and armor set that includes a shield. Fun to either run around in put on one of your dummies at your homes.

This is all I found so far, but its been found. Overall it was worth it for me, and its fun. What about you guys?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I loved Skyrim, but a few extra whistles and bells? Free modding covered Skyrim in more whistles and bells you could ever want or need. I had to uninstall Skyrim (and FO4) delete all my mods and modlists and saves because it was just too engrossing.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but there's no way in hell I'd be buying it myself.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
What are we talking about. A re-re-rereleasee of Skyrim, asking us to re-rerebuy a new other novel latest additional edition ?