Strange / Funny events in, the world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Reactions: Silvanus

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You two do realize that site is satire, like the Onion . . . right?
God damn it they got me, I saw the news story shared on discord by some-one I normally trust (and no before people throw out the claim, not right wing server or right wing person).

Either way. At least it can serve as an example of the stupid shit that happens but can't be exactly attributed to either side.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

This sounds great, but also challenging. If only there was a place where they could test something like that without, you know, going to the moon

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Imagine you're homeless, and you discover that for the past twenty years, someone has been using your stolen identity to bounce checks, buy vehicles, hold jobs and even start a family. Imagine that you bring your entirely legitimate Social Security and state ID cards to the justice system in hopes of having your name cleared. Surely that would be enough proof to have the perpetrator stopped and arrested.

No. This is America.

Instead, the perpetrator uses forged documents and answers to security questions he himself created to "prove" that he's really you. You're arrested for fraud under the perpetrator's real name, held in prison for more than a year, and then remanded to a psychiatric facility- you're obviously crazy, since you keep saying you are who you are- and forced to take psychotropic drugs. You're then released under a court order to no longer use your actual name. Meanwhile, the perpetrator keeps tabs on your sentence, offering hope that you'll "regain your mental fitness".

Finally, you track down where the perpetrator works and file a complaint. A local police detective investigates and uncovers this thirty-plus-year saga of fraud, finally putting the lie to the perpetrator's claims, after which the perpetrator cries about how "my life is over" and "everything is gone".

Sounds like the plot of some dystopian novel? No. This is America.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
1713574997618.png

Imagine not picking this guy in the 1990s. Very Very rare American L.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Last US president that saw combat fighting for their nation, IIRC. Bush junior was Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War, but didn't serve overseas, also IIRC.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Ugh, my taxes were awful this year. Normally I get low hundreds back federal and owe less than a hundred state (it's close enough that I end up about a good steak dinner for 2 in the black), this year somehow I got a small amount back state but owed a ton federally.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Ugh, my taxes were awful this year. Normally I get low hundreds back federal and owe less than a hundred state (it's close enough that I end up about a good steak dinner for 2 in the black), this year somehow I got a small amount back state but owed a ton federally.
I got a return for buying a Tesla Model Y, but HR Block sucks and had a glitch so I had to do my taxes here.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Both candidates were shit. Being a diligent servant of empire and exploiter is not a good thing.
You mean the US politico-media and military-industrial complexes picked the guy who was the governor over what totally wasn't the CIA's primary drug trafficking lifeline to South America, over the guy who didn't go balls deep in the obvious and unavoidable Iraq quagmire?

That's just conspiracy theorist crazy talk. Next thing you know, you'll be pointing out how Jeffrey Epstein's private aircraft fleet that magically appeared out of nowhere in the late '90s, had the same tail numbers as aircraft owned by the Department of State and contracted to DynCorp -- y'know, the corporation that was sex trafficking minors out of Yugoslavia during the Bosnian War.

Last edited: