What are you currently playing?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I've started playing Hi-Fi Rush. Before you ask, no, not because of the M$ thing. Id picked it up a month ago but couldnt play it because my monitor was on the fritz. Good time tho. Its been said a thousands times already, but you can feel a lot passion went into this game. Playing it takes some getting used to tho. Your inputs need to follow the beat, but I keep trying to 'play' the actual music. I also think being a musician myself who is used to driving the rhythm, is kind of actually making it harder for me to 'just' follow too.

Reactions: Dalisclock
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I've started playing Hi-Fi Rush. Before you ask, no, not because of the M$ thing. Id picked it up a month ago but couldnt play it because my monitor was on the fritz. Good time tho. Its been said a thousands times already, but you can feel a lot passion went into this game. Playing it takes some getting used to tho. Your inputs need to follow the beat, but I keep trying to 'play' the actual music. I also think being a musician myself who is used to driving the rhythm, is kind of actually making it harder for me to 'just' follow too.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So I think I've sussed out the theme of Mafia 2, mostly because it's been beating me over the head with it for hours. While Mafia: DE basically had this whole thing of "A life of crime really isn't as glamorous as you'd think and will eventually come back to bite you in some way because you are a bad guy", Mafia 2 is basically "Being a mobster just sucks and everyone around you is a fucking asshole who doesn't give a shit about you".

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Mafia 2. It's a well made game with an engaging story and more of an open world then Mafia: DE, it's becoming abundantly clear that any fleeting happiness Vito ever has will be ripped away from him sooner or later and usually sooner. Tommy Angelo was living a pretty good life after ditching blue collar cab driving for the mob, whereas Vito pretty much just ends up being someone's stooge no matter what. And I guess that's appropriate, but there's something unsatisfying as far as it goes. I realize Mafia is trying to be more grounded then most open world crime games, there's usually a notable rise in power level, for lack of a better term, and control over the world around you in some method. Mafia 2 is basically just "Fuck you" over and over again and kicks you after knocking you down. I appreciate the fact it shows there are consequences for Vito's actions but I feel Mafia: DE did it better, where I felt like I'm more then just a fucking errand boy for someone or another in Mafia 2 almost without exception. So Hooray for being a simulation of being a soldier in the mob, but for a little while I'd kind of like to feel like any of this is worth the effort and not just "Hey, you get a payday, after which you get immediately mugged" feeling I've had for hours in Mafia 2.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I got to the end of The Flame in the Flood.

I never died but I feel that was because I was constantly on alert rather than the game being too easy or forgiving. Things can go from 0 to 100 when you're not looking. I am super thankful you don't have to care for the dog though. Hard mode would be having to choose between the two when rationing.

As usual you learn how to game the system and a lot of the hurdles become non issues. It rains often enough that you never really have to worry about water, for one thing, so long as you keep a couple of empty jars on you. There are plenty of non perishables you can craft so hunger's out. It helps that most of the crafting building blocks you can just eat, which clears up space too. And sometimes it just pays off to not even bother docking absolutely every chance you can get.

So now I'm playing endless mode for the trophies and to see how far I can make it before I die or get bored.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Finished Dread Templar. Really solid. The story is just whatever but the game itself is quite good with solid shooting and good weapons and good enemies. It also has a lot of pretty cool secrets, including a game wide mega secret that I will probably go back and get. I would rate this on the higher end of the boomer style shooters, not as good as Dusk or Herald of Havok, but close enough to be able to yell at them.

Reactions: BrawlMan