So "sandwich shaming" is now a thing.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I mean people threaten violence at the mere suggestion of pineapple on pizza, and describe those like myself who enjoy it, as abominations. So I don't really see this as any different from all the other food related wars that have plagued humanity for centuries. Or shit like "wearing white after Labor Day" Lot's of people have free time to quibble about silly things, like those of us on a gaming site, complaining about people on ANOTHER social site, complaining about something. :LOL:
Because you ARE and abomination, you filthy, filthy pineapple on pizza eater.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Because you ARE and abomination, you filthy, filthy pineapple on pizza eater.
Yeah well, you like loli's with ram's horns, or if they're not ram's horns, just...giant fucking balls stuck to the side of her inhumanly shaped anime head. So I don't take your opinions on such matters with any weight.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Thank you for always keeping me up to date on what random people on the internet are offended about.
I know, right?

Compare two posters about the vote to decide if Australia should have conscription in WW1, one for and one against:

Whichever way you stand on the issue (of 100 years ago), both of those put some effort into their political advert.
What is egg power?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean people threaten violence at the mere suggestion of pineapple on pizza, and describe those like myself who enjoy it, as abominations. So I don't really see this as any different from all the other food related wars that have plagued humanity for centuries. Or shit like "wearing white after Labor Day" Lot's of people have free time to quibble about silly things, like those of us on a gaming site, complaining about people on ANOTHER social site, complaining about something.
I know I never threatened anybody for liking pineapples on pizza. I don't like pineapples on Pizza either. The only person I know that likes that is my dad. I don't know who else believes in not wearing white after Labor day. Not even my parents believe that bull crap.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I don't know who else believes in not wearing white after Labor day. Not even my parents believe that bull crap.
Yeah but it's "a thing" that people argue about, that is ultimately about as important as "burger or sandwich" That's my only point.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yeah well, you like loli's with ram's horns, or if they're not ram's horns, just...giant fucking balls stuck to the side of her inhumanly shaped anime head. So I don't take your opinions on such matters with any weight.
Fegor isn't a character I'm interested in that way, I like the character because I see a lot of myself in them.

The things on the side of her head are just ball things attached to the hood she wears.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fegor isn't a character I'm interested in that way, I like the character because I see a lot of myself in them.

The things on the side of her head are just ball things attached to the hood she wears.
See, you say that and all I hear is "blah blah weeb shit, blah blah, it's totally not weird at all, really, blah blah weeb, I'm a weeb"

So again, I don't care what you think about my theoretical, fruity blasphemy in regards to pseudo-italian cuisine

Also I never said you like her "that way." I just indicated what she is, which IS a loli design, with giant balls on her head. :p

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
A piece of chicken between two pieces of bread is a chicken sandwich. If those two pieces of bread happen to be two halves of a bun, one might call it a chicken burger instead.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A piece of chicken between two pieces of bread is a chicken sandwich. If those two pieces of bread happen to be two halves of a bun, one might call it a chicken burger instead.
Take your rationality elsewhere; this is the Internet. Pick a side and defend it fervently, preferably using lots of foul language and calling other people's mothers' character into question.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I always assumed it was called egging.

Egg Power sounds like some kind of militant egg ideology or something.
Yeah, before I googled that I was thinking it was something to do with opposing rationing or something, but I don't know if Australia even had rationing in WW1.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Today I was thinking that the Xtra Long Chicken Sandwich from Burger King would then be a burger by the definition of the guy who was banned. I then thought, wow I really have nothing to do lately.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
If those are separate pieces of non-reconstituted chicken (that is, not a patty), it's a chicken roll, not a burger.

I don't make the rules, I just needlessly point them out.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Why are we arguing burgers vs. sandwiches while crispy tacos are running the streets being celebrated as if they're not the most inconvenient food on the planet?
I don't understand why people would eat tacos. It's just so difficult! If you overfill, it falls out one end or the other, and if you don't then the first few bites are just stale doritos. And the moment you bite into any part of it the entire bastard thing falls apart.

Wraps, on the other hand, are good walking-down-the-street food.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Chicken sandwich vs burger doesn't concern me as much as taste considerations do. If, as some argue, it is ground meat vs unground that makes the difference; the Chick-fil-a offering qualifies as a sandwich. But its unique mixture of dry and bland chicken (which ideally would be juicy and savory) and soggy breading (which ideally would be dry enough to be crispy, providing a satisfying crunch) makes me barely even classify it as food. I do not understand its popularity. Hate or love it for political reasons or whatever, but just admit it is the worst fast food chicken sandwi... Nope, wait Slim Chickens. Ok the SECOND worst fast food chicken sandwich on the market.
Today I was thinking that the Xtra Long Chicken Sandwich from Burger King would then be a burger by the definition of the guy who was banned. I then thought, wow I really have nothing to do lately.
Yeah, that's probably best described as a burger. But they recently added a chicken sandwich to the menu to compete in the chicken sandwich wars... and even Burger King makes a sandwich in every way superior to Chick-fil-a. The drive thru lines I see every day there just baffle me. Do people hate LGBTQ folks so much they flock to an inferior product out of spite, or does the hatred somehow change how it actually tastes to them? I was avoiding Chick-fil-a for their inferior product long before politics made it "cool."
I don't understand why people would eat tacos. It's just so difficult! If you overfill, it falls out one end or the other, and if you don't then the first few bites are just stale doritos. And the moment you bite into any part of it the entire bastard thing falls apart.
Not a difficult answer. Savory, fresh, satisfying crunch... add a little sweet and spicy with a sauce and you have a lot of the "tasty" boxes checked. Messy and inconvenient, a little. But easily compensated for and not much of a dealbreaker.