Are we ready for the Bidenvilles?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
How do you figure Biden would lose though? The Democrats just have to do better than the GOP, and right now, that's like shooting fish in a barrel.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's amazing how evidently no Democrat was told of this until the last few days (JUST before they all go on vacation, aw schucks, what unfortunate timing!!!!). NOW they've decided to raise a stink about it rather than two months ago when they were actually around to do something about it.

But don't worry, NEXT election, they've got our back!!!!

#VBNMW

Speaking of COVID issues, where's the $600 you still owe me Joe?!?!?!

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
All Fox News has to say, and even an idiot like Hannity can repeat this is this. Look at these people, and how they have ruined this economy, there are people living in the streets because of the democrats. The thing about half-truths and lies(I will let you decide which this is) is you just have to repeat it over, and over again.

If a populist comes in like the De Santis, 2016 or maybe 2024 Trump, or Tucker Carlson, it will be a slaughter because you can pile on Blackstone people in Biden Admin, Biden's corruption with the hiring of staffer's relatives. People have short memories, and Goldman Sachs is old news.

Also, the economy literally decides the election given my time in American Politics Class, if Trump hadn't botched the Covid-19 crisis, and thus the economy it will have been a Trump win no matter how many Stacy Abrams you have.

It's funny my polling class had to read a paper about how the economy decides the election, and their response was but I don't care you still need to watch political news, and polling. (because my job depends on it)

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
America repeatedly failing to do the bare minimum and just dragging out the most half-assed response to crisis is why nobody should be sad to see it go. Just a godawful country.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
As if the Republicans wouldn't just have filibustered in the senate if the dems managed to pass anything in congress.
Guess testing whether that would actually happen wasn't important enough to delay vacation, oh well

Also, the filibuster could simply be decided out of existence by a majority of the Senate. Like what happened with judicial appointments.

But hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people being thrown out of their homes just isn't important enough.

In case this needs underlining: the filibuster is not in the Constitution. The parliamentarian is not in the Constitution. These are not obstacles, they are excuses.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
That was before Trump showed the world just how far the GOP could go.

Also, as far as I understand, there was plenty of dislike for Clinton as well.
You sound like someone in the 2000s talking about the damage the Bush administration did to the GOP. It's always the most important election ever against a party that has shown us just how far it's willing to go, just how evil it is, etc.

How persuasive this rhetoric is swings like a pendulum.

Reactions: MrCalavera

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
The Republicans are bad so we shouldn’t even show up to work? That’s your fucking defense?
Not really, I just figure that since it wouldn't get passed one might as well make a gesture out of trying to be bipartisan and display just how nuts the republicans are.

Of course dems could've passed it in congress and let republicans kill it in the senate, but this way you'll at least get to see who voted against, as opposed to it being quietly filibustered out of existence.