Biden says he does not regret Afghanistan withdrawal as Taliban take over more towns

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Which says a lot about you when you consider the former worse than the latter.
Oh, yes, I'm sure it says a lot about me that I think a country which very clearly didn't want us there isn't going to fret too much about us leaving.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Probably go back to selling Opium. If memory serves they were a net exporter of the stuff prior to the invasion in 2001. Didn't much like their own people using it, but fuck if it wasn't a solid economy driver.
Is there even a market left for opium? There's tons of synthetic drug from china now and Syria is already mass producing and exporting some drug (can't remember the name) and they're better situated. Plus I don't think it ever really stopped even under the US, so I doubt it would even be enough to replace like 10% of the US spending.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Oh, yes, I'm sure it says a lot about me that I think a country which very clearly didn't want us there isn't going to fret too much about us leaving.
Which of course explains why thousands are trying to get out of the country RIGHT NOW.

No frets there.

Pretty sure under the Taliban they don't have right pretty much they become property almost.
Well, yeah, but, foreign imperialists!

To be clear, this isn't some endorsement of foreign intervention carte blanche - if anything, 20 years of Afghanistan hasn't achieved that much, and that isn't even starting on Iraq. But let's be clear on what the Taliban are, and were, and what a Taliban victory means for the people unable to leave.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Why would anyone have a reason to go to Afghanistan. Fucking moron. I never really got the people who to Iran, Afghanistan, and North Korea. Are you stupid or something.
Actually I hear North Korea puts on a really good show for visitors. Can't say I'd want to visit for a while but if I got the chance with a party of others I'd probably give it a try.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Actually I hear North Korea puts on a really good show for visitors. Can't say I'd want to visit for a while but if I got the chance with a party of others I'd probably give it a try.
Visiting NK?

Seriously, who the hell would visit NK? I get journalists, and the benefits of getting a peak behind the iron curtain, but apart from that?

Yes, the population of Afghanistan has gone up steadily since the 1960s, which is a trend that's going to apply to most countries in the world. What's your point?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Yes, the population of Afghanistan has gone up steadily since the 1960s, which is a trend that's going to apply to most countries in the world. What's your point?
"thousands" is basically nothing

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
"thousands" is basically nothing
That's thousands at the airport alone, not the whole country. All indications are that the refugee crisis will get worse in light of a Taliban takeover. And Afghanis are already the third largest refugee diaspora in the world.

Also, it's an incredible bleakered view you're taking - "the population's going up, so what's the problem?"

By your logic, there's no issues in North Korea.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I'm pointing out the absurdity of your logic.
You're still doing it-- inventing words to ascribe to me.

I have never, not once, said anything about the population of Afghanistan going up.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
You're still doing it-- inventing words to ascribe to me.

I have never, not once, said anything about the population of Afghanistan going up.
You showed me a population graph that showed the population of a country going up in response to my point about people leaving the country.

I don't need to ascribe words to you, but I can ascribe images, namely the one you posted.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
You showed me a population graph that showed the population of a country going up in response to my point about people leaving the country.

I don't need to ascribe words to you, but I can ascribe images, namely the one you posted.
I linked you a google search for "population of Afghanistan"

because

"thousands" leaving

is basically nothing

compared

to

38.04 million people

Do. You. Get. It. Now?

Here's an even better point:

4.435 million is the population of Kabul. If 5000 people were trying to leave, that would be 1/10 of one percent of the population of that city alone.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I linked you a google search for "population of Afghanistan"

because

"thousands" leaving

is basically nothing

compared

to

38.04 million people

Do. You. Get. It. Now?
I get that you're making the point that thousands leaving in one location out of 38 million people therefore indicates that the 38 million minus those people all support the Taliban.

I mean, I get that you do, but this isn't a logical position to take. That a country's population goes up isn't indicative of the conditions in the country.

Do. You. Understand. This?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I get that you're making the point that thousands leaving in one location out of 38 million people therefore indicates that the 38 million minus those people all support the Taliban.
Here's an even better point:

4.435 million is the population of Kabul. If 5000 people were trying to leave, that would be 1/10 of one percent of the population of that city alone.
One tenth of one percent of the population of one city gathering at an airport means the whole country of 38 million must be distraught.

I mean, I get that you do, but this isn't a logical position to take. That a country's population goes up isn't indicative of the conditions in the country.

Do. You. Understand. This?
You're the only one talking about the population going up, genius.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
One tenth of one percent of the population of one city gathering at an airport means the whole country of 38 million must be distraught.
There are ways out of Afghanistan apart from the airport you fucking moron.

You're the only one talking about the population going up, genius.
You're the one who used the line graph, idiot.

Edit: Also, I've set you to ignore, so don't bother wasting my time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
There are ways out of Afghanistan apart from the airport you fucking moron.
You posted about "thousands" at the airport. That's a tiny fraction of the city in which people are most likely to be friendliest to the US puppet regime.

You're the one who used the line graph, idiot.
it was a google search for "population of Afghanistan"

not

"population of Afghanistan over time"

nor

"line go up"

maybe I need to underline this, so I will: I'm not responsible for the details of what a search engine chooses to put in answer to a query.

So maybe stop harping on about it post after post like a chump after you've been told repeatedly that wasn't the point.