Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
As I have repeated I don't want to be a good person I want to be a pragmatic person who takes the fight to conservatives. Those assholes have horrible political issue stances and do climate change distorting things like buying pickup trucks with 9 MPG. It's high time the left stops being moral, and altruistic, and frankly naive and starts being more forceful, machiavellian on a national level. Having the vaccine gives you an 88% chance of survival, and you won't die of covid, so it frankly does give me a high degree of protection.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
As I have repeated I don't want to be a good person I want to be a pragmatic person who takes the fight to conservatives. Those assholes have horrible political issue stances and do climate change distorting things like buying pickup trucks with 9 MPG. It's high time the left stops being moral, and altruistic, and frankly naive and starts being more forceful, machiavellian on a national level. Having the vaccine gives you an 88% chance of survival, and you won't die of covid, so it frankly does give me a high degree of protection.
While your take is a bit shitty (well, another continent with their own problems and so on), I'm not gonna lie: masks go to the bin once the recommended 2nd shot + two weeks has passed. The other option is eternal caution, because the cases will never go down to zero. Sure, our institutions might ease off the guidelines, but why would it matter if the only acceptable risk is zero?

Reactions: Gergar12

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I don't agree the majority of people who are getting this disease(delta) are unvaccinated right wing twats. Why should I inconvenience myself for them when they won't do so for me on a number of political, and personal issues.
You have no actual idea if you'll infect someone who's immunocompromised or couldn't get the vaccine for a medical reason.

You also have no actual idea if the "right-wing twats" who you infect may then go and infect someone who's immunocompromised. You increase the likelihood of that happening.

You're unwilling to "inconvenience" yourself to protect perfectly innocent people, who are undeniably also at risk from the continued spread of the virus.

Reactions: BrawlMan and CM156

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
Having the vaccine gives you an 88% chance of survival
A nitpick, but I thought the chance of survival for having covid was much higher than 88% to begin with, unless you're elderly or have other health conditions.

The number I've seen is that you have a 99.975% chance of survival as long as you're young and healthy.

Reactions: Gergar12

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You're not being pragmatic. You're trying to justify a foolish decision. By doing that, you're no different from the anti-vaxxers or the nonsensical alt-right. Making pathetic justification and cowardly excuses of why you shouldn't be protecting yourself and those around you. You have a responsibility to uphold. You're lacking in your duties about being a person with some common sense. This isn't about being "good". It's about doing what is actually right.

Reactions: Avnger and Buyetyen

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I don't agree with most of the takes here. If I am at my college, I am wearing a mask(Because it's required, some immunocompromised people are there, and because most people there believe in climate change). At Walmart, and The Home Depot where there are conservatives who don't believe in climate change, who buy F-150s, who voted for climate deniers like George W Bush, Trump, and Rep. Troy Balderson or Gym Jordan, no I will not wear a mask for those people.

Also if you are immunocompromised, or a child under you either are wearing a mask, or have dumb reactionary parents. Plus if you are a kid you have high rates of survival. The most at-risk is that Gen X, Baby Boomer who believes in nonsense conservative ideas, and most importantly voted for scumbags. Stop saying immunocompromised, it's almost all right-wing reactionaries that are dying. that's a fact.

Edit: it's time the left became more silently ruthless, No I am not coughing into people's faces, but I am not going to cater to the reactionaries who wouldn't be vaccinated, or wear a mask for my family. Fuck them.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Viruses don't care whether you're a Republican or whatever, they'll propagate and mutate all the same.
Well, they just happen to do so most often to republicans right now.

Also, remember when Covid hit democratic areas hard, but republicans kept being against state "bailouts". I remember. These people are very partisan, so I have to be even more partisan or have the same amount of partisanship.

Also booster shots.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
A nitpick, but I thought the chance of survival for having covid was much higher than 88% to begin with, unless you're elderly or have other health conditions.

The number I've seen is that you have a 99.975% chance of survival as long as you're young and healthy.
No, your right it's 88% to not get sick, 99% to not get into the ICU.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This is how I learned about Rope Worms.....
Educational uber-poops!

Can't edit original post, but it had been deleted and reposted cause the horse paste patrol had a troll among them (technically a parasite I guess, eh?)

It's amazing how much of this shit consistently links back to mainstream grifters 🤔

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Educational uber-poops!

Can't edit original post, but it had been deleted and reposted cause the horse paste patrol had a troll among them (technically a parasite I guess, eh?)

It's amazing how much of this shit consistently links back to mainstream grifters 🤔

yeah the majority of these conservative talking points, that cite claims...are often citing their own speculative posts and articles from other sites, as their "evidence" and then further pushing the bullshit forward.

Womp Womp.
Good.

Though I'm waiting for the conservative nutjobs, to start spinning all these covid deaths as targeted assassinations by the evil liberals to "silence the truth" because it just so happens to be impacting the people who are taking the virus as a joke...and yet they will of course blame us for their own stupidity.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Though I'm waiting for the conservative nutjobs, to start spinning all these covid deaths as targeted assassinations by the evil liberals to "silence the truth" because it just so happens to be impacting the people who are taking the virus as a joke...and yet they will of course blame us for their own stupidity.
Sadly, this is undoubtedly going to be a response from at least some. Where will be people who will see this sort thing and perhaps question their prior beliefs. However, there are some that will not.

I recall at least one apolcalypse cult I read about predicted the world would end, prepared for it, and when it duly did not happen, the cult leader blithely set a new date. Although some twigged that perhaps they had been misled and departed, others stayed and dedicated themselves to the new date the leader came up with.

Reactions: CM156