Nigeria

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Burn in hell Kelly. Burn in hell. Glad I stopped listening to his music when I was in my early teens.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He truly is a staggeringly unpleasant man. I think there is pretty much no chance he will avoid going down, just a shame it took that long.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Boondocks is the one reason I'm aware of R.Kelly at all.
There have been rumors and allegations floating around for years, ever since the early 90s. It just got harder and harder to cover up each decade. I know I became more aware of his crimes as a teenager. I don't know what interview it was and what year, but I was no older than 14 or 15 at the time. This interview where they're talking about the legal age of consent, Kelly literally said "define legal". That's all so many red flags for me that, I don't know what to believe at a time, but I decided not to listen to his music anymore at that point. Something didn't feel right and felt completely off. He couldn't even bother with a yes or no. Ironic, had he been more straightforward, I might have believed him. But with a non-committed answer like that, I knew to ditch him right then and there. Dave Chappelle and The Boondocks cartoon only took it further and were just spitting out the truth at that point. It was just a matter of whether people wanted to believe it or not.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Can we just lock this dude up already. He's been in trouble for this shit for decades now?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There have been rumors and allegations floating around for years, ever since the early 90s. It just got harder and harder to cover up each decade. I know I became more aware of his crimes as a teenager. I don't know what interview it was and what year, but I was no older than 14 or 15 at the time. This interview where they're talking about the legal age of consent, Kelly literally said "define legal". That's all so many red flags for me that, I don't know what to believe at a time, but I decided not to listen to his music anymore at that point. Something didn't feel right and felt completely off. He couldn't even bother with a yes or no. Ironic, had he been more straightforward, I might have believed him. But with a non-committed answer like that, I knew this ditch him right then and there. Dave Chappelle and The Boondocks cartoon only took it further and we're just spitting out the truth at that point. It was just a matter of whether people wanted to believe it or not.
I remember Chapelle's "piss on you" song. That was funny.

R. Kelly got mad at him, "How you gonna make a song of me pissing on people."

To which Chapelle replied, "How YOU gonna piss on people!?"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I remember Chapelle's "piss on you" song. That was funny.

R. Kelly got mad at him, "How you gonna make a song of me pissing on people."

To which Chapelle replied, "How YOU gonna piss on people!?"
I have not forgotten about Kelly being "offended" by that. The fact that he was that vocal, let you know something was off. Truth hurts doesn't it, you asshole?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I have not forgotten about Kelly being "offended" by that. The fact that he was that vocal, let you know something was off. Truth hurts doesn't it, you asshole?
The sad part of it all is that he will likely get a light sentence if convicted just like Cosby did. Because celebrity privilege.

Maybe not because he was never as beloved as Cosby was.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The sad part of it all is that he will likely get a light sentence if convicted just like Cosby did. Because celebrity privilege.

Maybe not because he was never as beloved as Cosby was.
He's not going to be getting a light anything. The thing about Cosby's case though, is that they are least going after his money. Other than some of the psycho obsessed fans, which are dwindling, Kelly has nothing left.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I thought he already had trial and was serving his time already?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Same here. The Boondocks were almost always on the money when it came to social issues and certain celebs and networks.
Sadly, that Boondocks clip is probably on point, for a lot of things. The way his community SHOULD react to this shit, but then the way many of them will likely respond anyway. "Booo! Put the music back on!"

I mean hell Chapelle did a similar skit where he listed off all the shit he'd STILL put up with from R. Kelly, before saying he's guilty. And it's basically all framed as just "racial solidarity", which is apparently more important than actually holding people accountable for their actions. *shrugs*

Reactions: BrawlMan