2 face Terrorism charges for tampering with train tracks with the intent to cause trains to derail in Washington State

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Also probably an easier way to do this while making sure you don’t derail a fucking passenger train.
Concern for collateral is pretty bourgeois, Revnak.

Pretty sure this guy already said he thinks it was a false flag.
Oh. Then thus train derailment thing was, too. Dastardly Trumpers trying to make Antifa look bad! The American Public will not be fooled!

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Just to remind people the events of January the 6th are a banned topic for discussion in current events, so can we try to steer this back onto the topic of train derailments and stop this tangent / deflection the thread seems to be going down?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Just to remind people the events of January the 6th are a banned topic for discussion in current events, so can we try to steer this back onto the topic of train derailments and stop this tangent / deflection the thread seems to be going down?
Per Nick's post, the insurrection by Trump-supporting Republicans on Jan 6th is not a "banned topic." What is banned is debating justifications for said insurrectionists' actions (because there are none).

Things are tense right now, there's a lot of bad things going on, and let me be very clear that there is no justification for what happened on Jan 6, 2021. Zero. We are not going to permit discussion debating this.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Per Nick's post, the insurrection by Trump-supporting Republicans on Jan 6th is not a "banned topic." What is banned is debating justifications for said insurrectionists' actions (because there are none).
And what's going on in here would count as discussing it. Nick didn't say you can only hold one side he so not permitting discussion or debate on aid topic.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
And what's going on in here would count as discussing it. Nick didn't say you can only hold one side he so not permitting discussion or debate on aid topic.
No, re-read. There are no sides. There's just the simple reality that, to quote Nick, "there is no justification for what happened on Jan 6, 2021. Zero." The Escapist will not "permit discussion debating this" fact.

edit: Feel free to report my posts if you disagree, and we can let the mods' (in)action decide. Though they might not appreciate a bunch of incorrect submissions...

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, re-read. There are no sides. There's just the simple reality that, to quote Nick, "there is no justification for what happened on Jan 6, 2021. Zero." The Escapist will not "permit discussion debating this" fact.

edit: Feel free to report my posts if you disagree, and we can let the mods' (in)action decide. Though they might not appreciate a bunch of incorrect submissions...
I'm sorry what exactly point are you trying to raise here than being contrarian again?

This topic is not about January 6th.
I've said can we steer it back onto the actual topic.

Are you just pissed because I'm saying we should try to keep this on topic when a certain tangent is being used to try and bludgeon people and it's a topic people aren't allowed to respond on at all?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Just to remind people the events of January the 6th are a banned topic for discussion in current events
Is that why we have a 67-page thread discussing that right here in Current Events, with the last post being yesterday? It's still on the first page, even!

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Incidentally, since I live in a hick town where there's as many Trump 2024 yard stickers and flags as there are lines on the road, you'll forgive me if Antifa isn't even close to the top of my worry list.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I'm sorry what exactly point are you trying to raise here than being contrarian again?

This topic is not about January 6th.
I've said can we steer it back onto the actual topic.

Are you just pissed because I'm saying we should try to keep this on topic when a certain tangent is being used to try and bludgeon people and it's a topic people aren't allowed to respond on at all?
I was attempting to educate you on what Nick's post actually said because your initial post regarding its content was incorrect. Apparently, it's fallen on deaf ears though as even directly quoting it didn't get through.

And for the record, comparing one act of political terrorism (the events in the OP) to another act of political terrorism (the Jan 6th insurrection) is entirely on topic even if it makes you feel defensive for whatever reason.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I was attempting to educate you on what Nick's post actually said because your initial post regarding its content was incorrect. Apparently, it's fallen on deaf ears though as even directly quoting it didn't get through.

And for the record, comparing one act of political terrorism (the events in the OP) to another act of political terrorism (the Jan 6th insurrection) is entirely on topic even if it makes you feel defensive for whatever reason.
It's also a conversation and discussion that can't be had as the present restrictions mean no-one can post counters or answers to it So it's not in any way helping actual discussion to bring it up.

Try other incidents.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
When I was young I almost did the same thing. Put large screws that were laying about in railroad wheels on a stationary train car, of course, someone smarter than me who was with me told me it could kill people, and I took them out.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Alas, I can't because I live in Australia. Also the justice for J6 rally was more FBI agents than activists.
I watched a movie called Boar recently. An I was struck by how similar the rednecks in Australia are to the rednecks in the US. And I've come up with a theory. That's just what Brits become when you leave them in the sun for too long.

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
I watched a movie called Boar recently. An I was struck by how similar the rednecks in Australia are to the rednecks in the US. And I've come up with a theory. That's just what Brits become when you leave them in the sun for too long.
That, and V8 Supercars is basically NASCAR with right turns.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
My own theory was that Australia was Britain's Miami, with kangaroos instead of gators.