A Group of 270 Scientists, Doctors, etc. Submit Open Letter to Spotify Regarding Joe Rogan (JRE)

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Joe Rogan has heard those comments from his guests and then REPEATED them in other episodes.

So, it's got nothing to do with 'hearing people out.' He has way more influence than most people, including media companies, and he doesn't take that responsibly. He's influenced more people than Trump around vaccines and thus got more people killed. And he never fact check this stuff.

But hey, that's the doctor's problem right. Just like we can't ever look at the loudspeaker on Jan 6 last year because they never went in the building. So they did nothing wrong. We have to find someone else to blame. I know... doctors who are begging for people stop themselves getting Covid. There truly evil
Fauci killed more people just from the link below than Joe Rogan could've ever influenced. Joe Rogan only ever said that young healthy people could consider not getting the vaccine. The amount of young healthy people that have died from covid is extremely low. Whereas how many New Yorkers died because they were told not to change anything they were doing?

Get the vaccine.
Get the vaccine.
It's the vaccine.
Vaccines don't work in stopping covid, everyone friend and co-worker is vaxxed and basically everyone has gotten covid this cold season. And the people that tested negative most likely got covid like one guy lost his taste but tested negative, yeah, that's totally covid.

Haven't had the flu in two years, and I'm sure a lot of people who have followed these rules have experienced the same.
Getting my booster on the 28th.
The flu has been gone because covid out competes it so like no one has gotten the flu in the last 2 years.

The booster only works for like 10 weeks and you're back to square one.

Yep, same, though got flu shots as well. Didn't want to get covid and flu at the same time, which seemed a possibility at the start of things.
You can't get the flu and covid at the same time, they compete against each other.

It would... if enough people took it, which can be achieved by curtailing most of the misinformation, and if third-world countries got proper access to it. The only thing stopping the vaccine from being more effective right now has nothing to do with the vaccine itself. The measles vaccine was very effective until Wakefield came along and cooked up a bunch of nonsense about the vaccine giving kids autism. Then it suddenly became less effective due to enough people no longer getting their kids vaccinated.
Measles and covid act extremely differently. One's a virus that goes into the blood and one's a respiratory virus. A vaccine will work much better for one than the other in stopping infections. Tell Israel how they have to stop covid, they're on 4th shots already...

You need about 90% or so of a population vaccinated (depending on the illness) to see the illness "eliminated." Probably higher with something like covid which is incredibly contagious. Since we aren't getting to that thresh hold then we are getting variants which can have a greater chance of slipping past a previous vaccination or natural immunity. We could 100% stop covid if we got everyone vaccinated over the course of like a month, but only would that logistically be very hard since it would require a world wide effort, but we also have the anti-vax dumb fucks who are ruining things for everyone else and have probably been brainwashed by the disease into becoming its minions and trying to spread it as much as possible to everyone.
Covid is endemic. Stop blaming and shaming anti-vax people, they are not the reason covid is still spreading and by shaming them, you're only making them less likely to get vaccinated.

Last edited:

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Covid is endemic. Stop blaming and shaming anti-vax people, they are not the reason covid is still spreading and by shaming them, you're only making them less likely to get vaccinated.
That is bullshit, by not shaming them we allowed anti-vax culture to spread even before the pandemic and now we have these old diseases that are starting to crop up again. These people are a cancer on society since their bullshit harms us all.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
That is bullshit, by not shaming them we allowed anti-vax culture to spread even before the pandemic and now we have these old diseases that are starting to crop up again. These people are a cancer on society since their bullshit harms us all.
Mr. Andrew Wakefield and his lies have done more damage to humanity that could ever have possibly been imagined.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
That is bullshit, by not shaming them we allowed anti-vax culture to spread.
By lying about reality, you give them a foothold on which to convince people. Testing past predictions is a method for determining someone's reliability. If you insist that vaccines can eliminate a virus (which won't happen), and the anti-vaxxers say the vaccine won't stop the virus, you've created a situation where they look more reliable than you do. If you say the virus isn't going to die off, but vaccinated people will be less likely to get sick and likely to get less sick, which is the honest truth, you don't empower the anti-vaxxers.

The way I see it, people against covid vaccines and people for mandates and lockdowns are suffering under the same delusion: that people are going to avoid getting covid. There is no method for avoiding covid forever, there is no possibility of eradicating the virus globally, what people should be doing is what they can to minimize the impact in their lives when they reach the likely eventuality that they catch covid.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
No but they are in part the reason why it spreads that much and Medical Staff in hospitals are burning out.
Additionally fuck anti vaxxers. They are the biggest hate spreaders there are (against all the scientists, doctors and high profile persons who actually follow the science and defend vaccines). They spread hate and diseases, why should that not be shamed?

Reactions: bluegate and CM156

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No

And then they might die and get shamed on several websites dedicated to such causes. Perhaps they might want to avoid that by getting the vaccine.
It's basic human psychology. If you treat someone like a person and have compassion, they might actually listen. Instead of just saying you're dumb and wrong, you can actually educate. The same thing happened with HIV and it didn't go well. Stop repeating past mistakes.

Shaming doesn't work. Just ask literally any one person that is trying to get more people vaccinated how it goes trying to convince someone by calling them a moron.

Fuck anti-vaxers! These morons have brainwashed thousands of people to their deaths.
You've not only not convinced anyone to get vaccinated, but you made it harder for someone else that is actually trying to get more people vaccinated. There's tons of basic educational articles that haven't been written that answer most people's questions and concerns. Like young men should get J&J for least side effects, they definitely shouldn't get Moderna; young women shouldn't get J&J. Please point me to just ONE article that breaks that down.

No but they are in part the reason why it spreads that much and Medical Staff in hospitals are burning out.
Additionally fuck anti vaxxers. They are the biggest hate spreaders there are (against all the scientists, doctors and high profile persons who actually follow the science and defend vaccines). They spread hate and diseases, why should that not be shamed?
Because if you want them to get vaccinated, you're only making it less likely for them to get vaccinated. Most of them are not some extreme people that just hate vaccines for no reason. For most of them, it just takes basic education and human compassion. And anti-vaxxers are not close to the main reason for the spread. Everyone I know has basically gotten covid this cold season and everyone is vaxxed. You think it's these small pockets of unvaccinated that is causing all the spread?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You've not only not convinced anyone to get vaccinated, but you made it harder for someone else that is actually trying to get more people vaccinated.
Boo-fucking-hoo!

Dude, I live with someone who's anti-vax, and not only does me being vaccinated twice, suffering zero side-effects, the people in my family being vaccinated twice, suffering zero side-effects - one of whom was 7 months pregnant - not convince them, neither does bringing up vaccinations for other freaking diseases. And I'm still living with their daily bullshit.

Fuck off with the poor wittle anti-vaxers feelings getting hurt. We did our job. We made it clear in the months following the release of the vaccine how beneficial it is. But then it became political because Trump didn't like Fauci. Then it became authoritarian because they were going to "force" the vaccine on people. All those screaming lunatics at schoolboards, threatening medical personnel? That didn't happen because there wasn't enough information around. It happened because heaps of misinformation was platformed, by scumbags like Joe Rogan.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
It's basic human psychology. If you treat someone like a person and have compassion, they might actually listen. Instead of just saying you're dumb and wrong, you can actually educate.
We've tried encouraging, discussing, negotiating, bribing, and appealing to decency and self-preservation. None of those have worked for a select set of holdouts.
The carrot has failed for some. Now comes the time for the stick. Shame is a powerful motivator.

The same thing happened with HIV and it didn't go well. Stop repeating past mistakes.
During which time frame are you talking about? Once we knew what caused AIDS (the HIV virus), how it was spread and activities that were at risk, after years of devoting few resources to the issue?

Most of them are not some extreme people that just hate vaccines for no reason.
Nope, a large number of them seem to not have outgrown oppositional defiant disorder.
It should be made clear to anyone refusing the vaccine at this point what the consequences will be if they get COVID and die: they will be ridiculed from beyond the grave, and if they are remembered, it will be as an idiot. If admitting they were wrong, duped by conmen and shysters, and reversing their opinion is too painful to them that they would rather risk dying, that's their decision. Let their deaths be on their own heads.
Everyone I know has basically gotten covid this cold season and everyone is vaxxed. You think it's these small pockets of unvaccinated that is causing all the spread?
The willfully unvaccinated are far more likely to end up in the hospital with COVID complications. This is putting a strain on the medical system and harming people who need routine care. In a more fair world, we wouldn't be postponing surgeries for early stages of cancer to make room for the unvaccinated in hospitals.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Mr. Andrew Wakefield and his lies have done more damage to humanity that could ever have possibly been imagined.
Look, I don't really want to Godwin this but Wakefield lies are as dangerous as Hitler. Working is way up to that death toll too. But hey, free speech gets to protect mass murderers too. Apparently

Imagine suggesting bleaching kids assholes. F u Wakefield

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
We've tried encouraging, discussing, negotiating, bribing, and appealing to decency and self-preservation. None of those have worked for a select set of holdouts.
The carrot has failed for some. Now comes the time for the stick. Shame is a powerful motivator.

During which time frame are you talking about? Once we knew what caused AIDS (the HIV virus), how it was spread and activities that were at risk, after years of devoting few resources to the issue?

Nope, a large number of them seem to not have outgrown oppositional defiant disorder.
It should be made clear to anyone refusing the vaccine at this point what the consequences will be if they get COVID and die: they will be ridiculed from beyond the grave, and if they are remembered, it will be as an idiot. If admitting they were wrong, duped by conmen and shysters, and reversing their opinion is too painful to them that they would rather risk dying, that's their decision. Let their deaths be on their own heads.

The willfully unvaccinated are far more likely to end up in the hospital with COVID complications. This is putting a strain on the medical system and harming people who need routine care. In a more fair world, we wouldn't be postponing surgeries for early stages of cancer to make room for the unvaccinated in hospitals.
I like the part where the anti-vaxxers are now claiming that hospitals aren't giving the same care to anti-vaxx as those that are vaxxed. THAT'S the reason why they are dying so frequently.

I also like the part where, at least in my country, I have to pay for all this stupidity with tax dollars. I'm pretty sure in the US, people are just going to bankrupt their medical bills... so that everyone gets to pay for their decisions through higher prices or hospitals shutting down

I like the part were the vaccinated are blamed for continuing this pandemic.

I like how I'm a sheeple and shouldn't listen to the media. Then I look at my state stats where we've been over 10k for a couple of weeks but only single digit deaths. By normal deaths rates it should be a 100. That's way better than I expected. I will see if this holds up but I also thought this vaccine wasn't as effective on Omicron

I like the part about not shaming the anti-vaxx crowd... straight after they themselves have done some shaming. Its almost like shame is apparently only for one side of an argument. I wonder where I've seen this strategy before...

I like the part where Im continually told that the lockdown will ruin the economy. But when my country went into lockdown... the economy did pretty well. Then, once opened, the virus ruined the economy. It's almost like the media lied to me

I like the part where anti-vaxxers keep going on about myocraditis etc like Covid doesn't do the same damage. At much higher rates. Nor do we talk about the permanent damage covid have done to survivors

I like the part where a doctor, who definitely made many mistake but tried his best to change when the data changes is worse than a non-doctor who doesn't change advice based on new data. I swear to cows, this comes off as anti-vaxxers just don't like science changing when new info arrives rather than anything else

If you hadn't seen it yet. When I say I like, I don't actually mean I like it. Just felt like your points needed highlighting CM

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I like the part where the anti-vaxxers are now claiming that hospitals aren't giving the same care to anti-vaxx as those that are vaxxed. THAT'S the reason why they are dying so frequently.

I also like the part where, at least in my country, I have to pay for all this stupidity with tax dollars. I'm pretty sure in the US, people are just going to bankrupt their medical bills... so that everyone gets to pay for their decisions through higher prices or hospitals shutting down

I like the part were the vaccinated are blamed for continuing this pandemic.

I like how I'm a sheeple and shouldn't listen to the media. Then I look at my state stats where we've been over 10k for a couple of weeks but only single digit deaths. By normal deaths rates it should be a 100. That's way better than I expected. I will see if this holds up but I also thought this vaccine wasn't as effective on Omicron

I like the part about not shaming the anti-vaxx crowd... straight after they themselves have done some shaming. Its almost like shame is apparently only for one side of an argument. I wonder where I've seen this strategy before...

I like the part where Im continually told that the lockdown will ruin the economy. But when my country went into lockdown... the economy did pretty well. Then, once opened, the virus ruined the economy. It's almost like the media lied to me

I like the part where anti-vaxxers keep going on about myocraditis etc like Covid doesn't do the same damage. At much higher rates. Nor do we talk about the permanent damage covid have done to survivors

I like the part where a doctor, who definitely made many mistake but tried his best to change when the data changes is worse than a non-doctor who doesn't change advice based on new data. I swear to cows, this comes off as anti-vaxxers just don't like science changing when new info arrives rather than anything else

If you hadn't seen it yet. When I say I like, I don't actually mean I like it. Just felt like your points needed highlighting CM
I can only speak for myself but my empathy is not an unlimited resource.
Seeing someone say "Boy the vaccinated are going to feel real stupid in 5 years when only purebloods are healthy and they're sick and dying" and then seeing them die of COVID while the vaccinated remain totally fine, well after a certain point I stop feeling sorry for them.

This whole thing is an exercise in "facts don't care about your feelings." Those refusing to learn this lesson are paying with their money, health, and lives.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Vaccination has successfully eradicated diseases in the past. Its primary obstacles are human psychology and politics, not sheer impossibility.
You know what's nice? Not dying of smallpox. Same with Polio not being a problem in my country.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Omicron spreads too easily for vaccination to stop that. Everyone will be exposed to it soon enough, but even this is a ridiculous argument against vaccination. The COVID-19 illness people get from omicron seems to put people in bad shape, yes, but it's mainly because people with underlying diseases can't deal with a respiratory infection on top of that, therefore it doesn't take that many to the ICU. So yeah, the problem now are once again the infection numbers! The Finnish government has finally written up a clear(ish) restriction plan. Better than no plan, yeah, if they also stick with it and actually end the restrictions despite the fact that there will 100% be a lot of infections a month from now still.

Yes, contributed to the derail, but even with the delta variant we would've needed a coverage of over 93% to possibly stop communal spread on top of other measures. Omicron would require insane amounts of restrictions (and compliance) on top of that.