Republicans in key states won't say they'll accept results of 2022 election.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
If only there was an example of a democrat calling a republican an illegitimate president... Oh wait... Hillary Clinton called Trump an illegitimate president...

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
If only there was an example of a democrat calling a republican an illegitimate president... Oh wait... Hillary Clinton called Trump an illegitimate president...
Pardon me if I doubt that you actually believe this is the same thing as the Big Lie. I mean, the sheer difference in scale between questioning the legitimacy of Trump's election and the evidence-free Big Lie is pretty staggering.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Pardon me if I doubt that you actually believe this is the same thing as the Big Lie. I mean, the sheer difference in scale between questioning the legitimacy of Trump's election and the evidence-free Big Lie is pretty staggering.
Don't use "Big Lie" please.

Edit: if you aren't aware, that term used in that way was coined by Hitler to describe the Jews.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
She conceded that night. Go back into your corner.
Her campaign team literally started the lies about the Russian "collusion"...

I really don't understand why we have to choose sides and join camps over who's the worst when we can just agree they both suck and vote for other candidates. My point isn't to get you to vote republican (as if that's my side cuz I've never voted for one) but to have you at least consider not voting for either side. Just because you find the republicans worse doesn't mean the democrats earned your vote.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Kinda sounding like it wasn't a lie, dude.

But even if it was, it wouldn't matter at that point, he already won despite Hillary getting more votes and nothing was changing that. Unlike what he's doing now with his dipshit followers who seek to actively undermine democracy. The only way to change that would be impeachment and removal and republicans wouldn't have done that under any circumstances.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands

I really don't understand why we have to choose sides and join camps over who's the worst when we can just agree they both suck and vote for other candidates. My point isn't to get you to vote republican (as if that's my side cuz I've never voted for one) but to have you at least consider not voting for either side. Just because you find the republicans worse doesn't mean the democrats earned your vote.
It kinda does though. Harm mitigation is a pretty noble act, especially if the harm the Republicans plan to inflict tend to be extreme.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I wonder how things will go down.

The night of the election several republican control state will initially show that Trump lost, but then the elected representative that have been appointed/vote in specifically because they promise not to certified results unless Trump was the winner will come out and claim (without evidence) that there were irregularity. Then they'll either say there need to be a new vote (but only area that Trump didn't win and only under special rule made specifically to advantages him) or they'll claim they've found thousands of votes for Trump. This will escalate and go in front of the supreme court which will just say "yeah sure w/e, tell Trump to present his dick to us so we can suck it harder". At which point I don't know what'll will happen. Hopefully the senate will still be democrat at that point and they'll be able to pack the court in emergency before that happens, but if they don't I literally have no idea what'll happen. I imagine most other state will refuse to accept this, but what then?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Dude, a bunch of Trumpers are Authoritarian and probably would love being in 1930s Nazi Germany. It is not surprising to me that this became the catch cry for them
It didn't. Democrats use the tern to describe Trump.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
It didn't. Democrats use the tern to describe Trump.
Why are you more concerned with pedantry and policing the exact language used when describing that Republicans are openly stating their contempt for our country's political foundations rather than, you know, Republicans openly stating their contempt for our country's political foundations?

Reactions: BrawlMan and Hawki

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Why are you more concerned with pedantry and policing the exact language used when describing that Republicans are openly stating their contempt for our country's political foundations rather than, you know, Republicans openly stating their contempt for our country's political foundations?
You know why.