Realms Deep cool stuff

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So Realms Deep is a 3d Realms event that showcases games with old school sensibilities, either graphically or gameplay. Here are some cool things that showed up this year.

Gotta start with Phantom Fury. I'm still waiting for the Ion Fury expansion, so hearing about a 3d game with what appears to be a Duke Nuken Forever 2001 trailer kinda feel is rather cool. Hope they don't fuck it up.

Then we got Tempest Uprising. I wish they showed more gameplay, what little the trailer has really gives me a Command and Conquer feeling, so thats another one to keep an eye on.

Next is Hellslinger. Which has a really unique look since everything is hand animated, and by hand I mean pad of paper sketched flip book then scanned hand animated. Plus not that many shooters were you play as an anthro woman shooting demon things.

Coven. I'm not sure how to describe this beyond being an fps where you eat your enemies to get HP back. Its got some pretty satisfying combat and a lot of potential.

Skald. This really puts me in mind of an old CGA CRPG, it just looks neat.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Gotta start with Phantom Fury. I'm still waiting for the Ion Fury expansion, so hearing about a 3d game with what appears to be a Duke Nuken Forever 2001 trailer kinda feel is rather cool. Hope they don't fuck it up.
Neat, will keep tabs on this one. I rather liked Ion Fury. And yeah, they're definitely going for that Duke Forever early 00's vibe. Which is fine. While I appreciate the boomer shooter revival, it's kind of refreshing to see something that isn't 90's inspired.

Reactions: Worgen and BrawlMan