Stellar Blade (formally Project Eve) - Korean Sci-Fi Bayonetta/Nier: Automata/Sekiro Edition

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Liana K pointing out some stuff about Project Eve

And why not?
Why are you still trying to derail this thread? If it’s not about Project EVE’s gameplay, story, mechanics, design, etc. it belongs in another thread like BrawlMan had noted several times already.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Why are you still trying to derail this thread? If it’s not about Project EVE’s gameplay, story, mechanics, design, etc. it belongs in another thread like BrawlMan had noted several times already.
The Liana K video does bring up points about themes and story potentially.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You know, the devs probably spent an inordinate amount of time modeling those girls tits and asses to their idea of perfection and using advanced lighting, physically based rendering, subsurface scattering, and whatnot. And I'm assuming at least one person on the probably 100+ staff working on this has seen a real boob move. But nah, just slap some 1995 tech on there. Good enough.

TLDR: lol at those undulating boobs. Boobulating?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm sold, I want to dress up my Robot waifu in all kinds of cool shit.

Maybe fight some stuff too Idk.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Something I've been wondering about for a while now, but what is up with those dollfaces on female characters in SK games? I get that it's probably some local preference, I'm just interested in the why of it.

@FakeSympathy , you got any light to shed?

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Something I've been wondering about for a while now, but what is up with those dollfaces on female characters in SK games? I get that it's probably some local preference, I'm just interested in the why of it.

@FakeSympathy , you got any light to shed?
Because that seems to be pretty much the South Korean beauty standard. Just look at any random K-pop band.

Anyway, that ponytail is super distracting. It's too realistic for that length to have any cartoony flair, and it's too scragely looking to look like real hair. Maybe the game itself will be good, but what I've seen of it makes it look like pretty bland videogame coolness - like if there's a fake game playing within a movie or TV show this is what it'd look like. But I'm glad for the people who have lamented AAA game girls no longer looking like dolls or having boobie bounch physics.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Because that seems to be pretty much the South Korean beauty standard. Just look at any random K-pop band.
I heard the in South Korea, it's often customary that plastic surgery is give as a high school graduation gift. They have a very stringent beauty image, but it's also all very samey/conforming. Which I think translates into why a lot of the fictional characters look the same.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I heard the in South Korea, it's often customary that plastic surgery is give as a high school graduation gift. They have a very stringent beauty image, but it's also all very samey/conforming. Which I think translates into why a lot of the fictional characters look the same.

They must have much, much better plastic surgeons over there than here then, if they actually make people look better.