Not open for further replies.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Incorrect.
Rittenhouse wasn't playing cop. At best you could argue maybe security guard but not cop. As reports have pointed out he was administering first aid to people earlier in the night.
Just like the "he didn't bring the gun with him, the 17 year old was armed with a semi-automatic rifle upon arrival" argument, how does playing armed security instead of playing cop make this situation better for 17 year old Rittenhouse?
Incorrect.
Due to how it relates to intent which is going to be a key aspect of the trail and potentially the charges as bringing the gun and being given the gun have very different connertations
I'm not litigating a trial and have no interest is arguing about what technicality the 17 year old playing cop can use to avoid responsibility for killing 2 people.
See first point again about the claim of him playing Cop.
It does not matter that the toddler is 9000 years old on paper

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It just drapes the rifle in front of you loose, so if you aren't holding it it is constantly bouncing off of you and into your legs if the rifle is long/slung low enough as you walk/move around and since he isn't a soldier/cop he doesn't have body armor on to take the blows.

EDIT: Also just realized that the only time he actually let's the rifle go and dangle on the sling alone is when he absolutely needs to to attempt surrender.

EDIT EDIT: Wow, just watched the video, and as someone who has been around guns for a while now, I already had an idea what the sling would look like but man, watching it in motion was painful. Do you really think that is a practical and safe way to transport a loaded firearm in this type of situation?
Yeah, I'm guessing he didn't properly know how to use it.
I would imagine that the proper use would involve it dangling much higher up, definitely not where it's basically dragging along the ground:

This gif is titled "groin smash" so I don't know if this is even demonstrating proper use, but it's probably better than what he had.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm guessing he didn't properly know how to use it.
I would imagine that the proper use would involve it dangling much higher up, definitely not where it's basically dragging along the ground:

This gif is titled "groin smash" so I don't know if this is even demonstrating proper use, but it's probably better than what he had.
Yeah, but that doesn't invalidate the point that this sling is designed, above all else, to make it quick and easy for somebody to shoulder and fire a rifle. This is not sling where you can walk around with the weapon free, it basically just frees up your hands when needed but this is designed for you to have a hand on it at all times. Try walking into your local police or even grocery store with your rifle held in a manner as Kyle is in the thumbnail of the video you posted and see how quickly you are deemed a threat, and rightfully so too. Because the difference between holding a rifle like he is, and killing someone is literally a matter of moving that rifle 6 inches.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Let me know when you figure out what those things are.

Seriously though, I'm trying to help you.
Nonono, I like being insulted by people using insults they know nothing about. It’s like being called a fag by a ten year old. Just adorable.

Reactions: Kwak

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Just like the "he didn't bring the gun with him, the 17 year old was armed with a semi-automatic rifle upon arrival" argument, how does playing armed security instead of playing cop make this situation better for 17 year old Rittenhouse?
1) he was given the rifle when he arrived
2) Intent matters. Cops approach people Kyle in all the videos of the event doesn't instigate or approach people who start the confrontation.

I'm not litigating a trial and have no interest is arguing about what technicality the 17 year old playing cop can use to avoid responsibility for killing 2 people.
It does not matter that the toddler is 9000 years old on paper
No because on paper the law and on video the evidence shows Kyle not instigating the incident and acting in a way that will likely be determined as self defence.

Let me know when you figure out what those things are.

Seriously though, I'm trying to help you.
And I you. I'd suggest doing the things before it's too late.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok, you can in fact google, but how’s the reading comprehension? Gimme a one sentence summary.
One side wanted to send in Tanks to stop people who they thought were diverging too much from an ideology, others didn't.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
One side wanted to send in Tanks to stop people who they thought were diverging too much from an ideology, others didn't.
You’re just trying to use a broad enough definition to include your original one. I won’t have it.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You mean like the very broad definitions you and your friends have employed throughout this thread?
Can you go a page without an “I know you are but what am I?” Just give a better definition.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Or just be like Revnak and be like "No, I won't play your silly game. I refuse to degrade myself for your pleasure"

Status
Not open for further replies.