Trump admits to Bob Woodward that He Knew How Deadly Covid-19 was back in February of this Year.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Off topic but, damnit Nick, where were you? Where were you?! We had all these people besmirching the good name of our state and area of the country and you were not here with me to defend our good name! How could you?!
Haha, I "tolerate" living in the Midwest. I'd rather be somewhere cooler and with more trees. Also, I've dealt with Trump supporters before they were Trump supporters haha. Hell, when I played club roller hockey, the parents that came with their kids from a team called the Lincoln Thunder got kicked out of our arena because they threw around racial slurs and we basically went and got in a brawl with them in the parking lot because they were literally the definition of what you call "white trash" out here.

Also hard to defend it right now when Chiefs fans were booing the moment of unity last night...even though everyone I know in Kansas City has been nothing, but nice. Gloves kinda come off though when football is involved.

I've seen it all.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Haha, I "tolerate" living in the Midwest. I'd rather be somewhere cooler and with more trees. Also, I've dealt with Trump supporters before they were Trump supporters haha. Hell, when I played club roller hockey, the parents that came with their kids from a team called the Lincoln Thunder got kicked out of our arena because they threw around racial slurs and we basically went and got in a brawl with them in the parking lot because they were literally the definition of what you call "white trash" out here.

Also hard to defend it right now when Chiefs fans were booing the moment of unity last night...even though everyone I know in Kansas City has been nothing, but nice. Gloves kinda come off though when football is involved.

I've seen it all.
Hey.

The midwest is great. Like zero crime (outside of more urban areas) and limitless corn, plus you have a constant stream of downtrodden individuals to feel superior to.

Like, for instance, Vikings fans.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
We do not have logistical problems. DID you read What I said? Did you read where we have companies in the US ready to go to do so and are STILL just waiting on word from Trump to do it? They have all the equipment necessary to make N95 masks just have been waiting on word from Trump to do since JANUARY. Don't give me some BS about it being some struggle when we have the companies themselves just waiting for the go ahead they never received. It is BS and you know it is BS to make excuses at that point. None of that applies to a situation where we have the factories ALREADY equipped and ready to go if given the word and Trump just chose not to.

When we have US companies ready to make what we are still experiencing mass shortages of equipped to make them now and ready to go on US soil, nothing outside of Trump's own incompetence explains why this has not happened yet. They made it clear to him they have been waiting and ready to deliver. There is no excuse for this.
Did you bother to read my post or the articles linked? Hell if Trump had just said so we would have had trucking companies and volunteers lining up to distribute this shit on the drop of a hat if he had just asked them to.
If everything was as easy as you say it is no country would have had problems. I wouldn't put so much faith in theoretical 'could be's'. If contracting really were so easy as to listen to corporate marketing speak with companies just pulling every medical necessity out of their ass then yeah, there would never be any problems with anything. But reality is different. Rarely do companies make true on their promise. Then the same people would hold Trump accountable for these companies b/c they underperformed and overcharged. And the quality wasn't upto standards either. There has been logistical problems in the global supply chain of which every country is dependent, the U.S. included.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Hey.

The midwest is great. Like zero crime (outside of more urban areas) and limitless corn, plus you have a constant stream of downtrodden individuals to feel superior to.

HAHA, I can't relate as a Lions fan...

Also the amount of shootings in Kansas City is startling...

Reactions: lil devils x

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Hey.

The Midwest has some of the most violent cities in America? St Louis and Chicago.

Reactions: lil devils x

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
The Midwest has some of the most violent cities in America? St Louis and Chicago.
(Outside of more urban areas) was in ( ) for a reason, ya know.

Go back to your decent coffee, rain, unending depression, and wild fires, nerd.

HAHA, I can't relate as a Lions fan...

Also the amount of shootings in Kansas City is startling...
Oof. Condolences.

Also the shootings thing kind of sucks too.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
(Outside of more urban areas) was in ( ) for a reason, ya know.

Go back to your decent coffee, rain, unending depression, and wild fires, nerd.

Oof. Condolences.

Also the shootings thing kind of sucks too.
Eh, depends on where you live just like any state in the country. I grew up and currently live in good neighborhoods.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I don't know about this.

I moved down to Florida two weeks ago. And this is Trump land. If there's a political placard on the Lawn, it's supporting Trump and Pence. If there's a sticker on a bumper, it's for Trump. If there's a young girl wearing political socks (this is not an exaggeration, it happened at the airport), it's for Trump.

This news is out now. I'm not seeing anyone taking away these declarations of support. They are a cult, worshipping at the heels of what they consider a wrathful God that will smite their enemies. Again, we have a poster here who seemingly is not that far away from this. Reason is left for the the Left, the Independents, and the Republicans who aren't in the cult. The supporters are largely gone.

Hell, we had someone calling Trump's efforts 'presidential'. There's nothing that can get past their self induced miasma.

... if I think about it, I can easily see this news coming out and the rhetoric being "HOW MUCH DO YOU SUPPORT TRUMP?! ARE YOU WILLING TO RISK YOUR LIFE TO KEEP AMERICA GREAT?! ATTEND EVERY RALLY YOU CAN"

~edit: Holy Shit, the proof is in the pudding.

Welcome to my world. You NOW know how I feel when I am driving down the road and I see a bumper sticker on one side of the van that is for Alex Jones and one for Trump on the other side and you just hope you never have to actually speak to that person in the vehicle in front of you.

Look at how they reacted to this as we speak. Trump had a rally and talked about how it's no big deal and they all cheered. His supporters for the most part just do nor care what he does.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
If everything was as easy as you say it is no country would have had problems. I wouldn't put so much faith in theoretical 'could be's'. If contracting really were so easy as to listen to corporate marketing speak with companies just pulling every medical necessity out of their ass then yeah, there would never be any problems with anything. But reality is different. Rarely do companies make true on their promise. Then the same people would hold Trump accountable for these companies b/c they underperformed and overcharged. And the quality wasn't upto standards either. There has been logistical problems in the global supply chain of which every country is dependent, the U.S. included.
You say " no country" .Go ahead and name the countries that had literal Medical supply factories that make N95 masks with full equipment that had was just sitting there unused but was ready for use same day and could start making 1.7million N95 masks a week if needed, just send the word? Go ahead and name them. Oh I know one, The USA.

This company in Texas already was up to standard, they literally make the masks, they just were primarily making a different type at the time for sale, but had the equipment to make the N95 sitting there waiting to be used. Did you read the article? They are a medical supply company here in Texas. How can you get easier than that?

You are failing to address the elephant squashing the table in the center of the room to talk about some other problem elsewhere..

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Excellent coffee, thank you. Also it isn’t depressing. Rain is comforting, not depressing.
Moderately acceptable coffee. And whatever you say, dreary grey cloud state.

Get something exciting.

Like endless expanses of fields constantly rotating between beans or corn.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Moderately acceptable coffee. And whatever you say, dreary grey cloud state.

Get something exciting.

Like endless expanses of fields constantly rotating between beans or corn.
We have grass farms. That counts.
Edit- also, weed

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I don't know about this.

I moved down to Florida two weeks ago. And this is Trump land. If there's a political placard on the Lawn, it's supporting Trump and Pence. If there's a sticker on a bumper, it's for Trump. If there's a young girl wearing political socks (this is not an exaggeration, it happened at the airport), it's for Trump.

This news is out now. I'm not seeing anyone taking away these declarations of support. They are a cult, worshipping at the heels of what they consider a wrathful God that will smite their enemies. Again, we have a poster here who seemingly is not that far away from this. Reason is left for the the Left, the Independents, and the Republicans who aren't in the cult. The supporters are largely gone.

Hell, we had someone calling Trump's efforts 'presidential'. There's nothing that can get past their self induced miasma.

... if I think about it, I can easily see this news coming out and the rhetoric being "HOW MUCH DO YOU SUPPORT TRUMP?! ARE YOU WILLING TO RISK YOUR LIFE TO KEEP AMERICA GREAT?! ATTEND EVERY RALLY YOU CAN"

~edit: Holy Shit, the proof is in the pudding.

You should have moved to TX, I actually only just now saw my first trump 2020 hat and it was being worn by a weird dude which makes me think it was found.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You have a user who thinks that the president considering the potential impact of his words and actively avoiding causing damage with them is presidential, and was pleasantly surprised that he neither failed to be informed nor vomited out whatever words he was thinking without forethought. If you consider the things he said versus the things health experts have said, it's pretty likely he was advised to behave that way, potentially because people were panicking at the time. Do you remember the toilet paper?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Excellent coffee in America is an oxymoron. At best you can get average coffee in the US, but most of the time it is bland, under dosed and over roasted garbage.

This message brought to you by CoffeeSnobGang.
Places like Starbucks serve gross stale coffee unfit for human consumption. I actually do not like most coffee and am ridiculously picky. Cafe Brazil gets the best fresh coffee I have had in every 3 days straight from Brazil. I worked at their floating restaurant location while in college before it was destroyed in storms and shut down, but I have yet to see another coffee house that had beans that fresh and flavorful.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Excellent coffee in America is an oxymoron. At best you can get average coffee in the US, but most of the time it is bland, under dosed and over roasted garbage.

This message brought to you by CoffeeSnobGang.
Absolutely false. As a Portlander I must object. We have excellent coffee here. I do not appreciate your foul slander.