lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Fuck I just read about that.

-
The narrative was quickly seized upon by provocateurs. Right-wing website the Biggs Report claimed that antifa members were starting fires throughout the Pacific Northwest. “Possible ANTIFA Member Arrested For Starting Fires In Washington State,” said the post. A Washington state volunteer firefighter service linked to that story on Facebook, receiving 56 shares before the platform removed it.

At the same time, the Biggs Report, founded by a former InfoWars contributor, attempted to knock down rumors of their own, posting a second story that purported to debunk claims that members of far-right group the Proud Boys had started fires of their own. “The Boys Did Nothing Wrong!” said the story.

The group, which the FBI has labeled “extremist” and having “ties to white nationalism,” shared both stories on its Telegram channel.

The antifa narrative was also encouraged by a failed Republican Senate candidate in Oregon. His tweet was retweeted over 8,000 times and a screenshot of it spread on pro-Trump Instagram channels. It was also pushed by a Trump supporter affiliated with conservative nonprofit students organization Turning Point USA in Seattle. Her tweet went viral. “These fires are allegedly linked to Antifa and the Riots,” she wrote.

The rumor has been posted to virtually every social media network, including TikTok and the anonymous messaging board 4chan.

Paulsen said the ordeal has spooked and shocked her. “I know these people or I know their families, and they’re treating me like I’m an outsider, even though that’s where I went to high school. That’s where my parents live,” Paulsen said. “They were writing [on Facebook], “Shoot now, ask questions later. You don’t want your house catching on fire.’”
For the record, Trumbly and Paulsen said they are not members of antifa, although they are against fascism.
-

Hmm, be a shame if some kind of contagious virus that compromised lung health were to engulf the world right now wouldn't it?
So all of this over some lady lied about seeing Antifa starting fires when she saw a couple in gas masks taking photos? This is madness.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So all of this over some lady lied about seeing Antifa starting fires when she saw a couple in gas masks taking photos? This is madness.
Oh, there are armed locals who are disobeying mandatory evacuating orders because "The Antifa looters will come from and rob their houses" if they leave.

Aside from how fucking stupid that is, it's apparently so much safer to wait for the raging wildfire to burn them and their possessions instead :rolleyes: while the shitty smoke gives them lung damage.

Nope, gotta keep them ANTIFA out!

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Oh, there are armed locals who are disobeying mandatory evacuating orders because "The Antifa looters will come from and rob their houses" if they leave.

Aside from how fucking stupid that is, it's apparently so much safer to wait for the raging wildfire to burn them and their possessions instead :rolleyes: while the shitty smoke gives them lung damage.

AND I am guessing the lady that lied and started this madness hasn't had anything to say about making that crap up about Antifa Starting fires? IT is insane how this spread there like it did. People have just gone nuts.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Did you know that living in constant low quality air sucks ass? It does.
Not sure if this will help but here is a DIY air cleaner for a small room:
ALSO here is a guide on hazardous air:

If you have a different type fan or different supplies, search youtube for " DIY air purifier" may have some other options as well.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

I hope fire crews don't have to stop what they are doing and do any last minute rescuing. I mean, lots of reasons that is wrong, but emergency services have limited resources, and people who don't need them needing them really annoys me.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
AND I am guessing the lady that lied and started this madness hasn't had anything to say about making that crap up about Antifa Starting fires? IT is insane how this spread there like it did. People have just gone nuts.
Law enforcement has been outright telling people to stop spreading rumors because it's not helping and there's not evidence.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I hope fire crews don't have to stop what they are doing and do any last minute rescuing. I mean, lots of reasons that is wrong, but emergency services have limited resources, and people who don't need them needing them really annoys me.
Yeah, normally I'd say "Well, have fun being dead then" but the fire crews apparently do have to put in time and effort to try to rescue and evaluate these idiots who apparently worry more about their stuff then their lives because a guy on the internet told them Antifa is out there gonna get them.

Antifa being "Anyone I think looks suspicious" apparently.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Some of the shelters appear to have stopped taking in volunteers for reasons that are beyond me. My brother’s saying it’s because they’ve already gotten enough but I worry it’s this same paranoia. In any case, I guess this means I get some rest this weekend rather than spending my time moving boxes of food around, though I’d have preferred the latter.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I hadn't heard antifa conspiracy theories! Those a real thing?

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
For those east of the Rockies needing to understand the scale of these fires and the smoke, this was a screen grab from a live map. It's pretty much to the point where if there's fuel, there's fire.

Annotation 2020-09-12 123759.jpg

My brother is in Lebanon, OR right in between the one near Salem and the one Near Eugene. They haven't been evaced yet, but he's getting things ready if he needs to go in a hurry.

Meanwhile Seattle is orange in the middle of the day from the smoke. seatac.jpg

We normally have our window and sliding door open to allow a breeze through even when it was 90+ here. We're currently running a A/C unit to try and keep the condo from being completely inhospitable as outdoor air quality is extremely unhealthy.

One the roads, there's black patches that from a distance look like fresh fertilizer but are actually stretches of burned grass. A good chunk of 167 near where I live got completely scorched earlier this week. Fire companies are playing wackamole with these things and can barely keep up.

I hadn't heard antifa conspiracy theories! Those a real thing?
In the sense that someone said something on the internet and a bunch of paranoid MAGA-types believed it and have been choking emergency lines and engaging in outright suicidal behavior, yes.

In the sense that Antifa is actually in any way involved, no.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
For those east of the Rockies needing to understand the scale of these fires and the smoke, this was a screen grab from a live map. It's pretty much to the point where if there's fuel, there's fire.

View attachment 870

My brother is in Lebanon, OR right in between the one near Salem and the one Near Eugene. They haven't been evaced yet, but he's getting things ready if he needs to go in a hurry.

Meanwhile Seattle is orange in the middle of the day from the smoke. View attachment 871

We normally have our window and sliding door open to allow a breeze through even when it was 90+ here. We're currently running a A/C unit to try and keep the condo from being completely inhospitable as outdoor air quality is extremely unhealthy.

One the roads, there's black patches that from a distance look like fresh fertilizer but are actually stretches of burned grass. A good chunk of 167 near where I live got completely scorched earlier this week. Fire companies are playing wackamole with these things and can barely keep up.

In the sense that someone said something on the internet and a bunch of paranoid MAGA-types believed it and have been choking emergency lines and engaging in outright suicidal behavior, yes.

Nevada is just sitting in the middle going, "WTF?"

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
It's notoriously difficult to set a desert on fire.
I would just like to point out the fires currently happening in the SE portion of Arizona (some of the desert bits). Deserts are full of plant life, and if you get a particularly dry season it doesn't take much to set the whole thing off.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
For reference so far in California there's been over 2,200,000 acres burned, 17 fatalities, and over 6,000 buildings either damaged or destroyed.

That's a new record in terms of acres burned. Previous record was in 2018 at just under 2 million. That year there were 100 fatalities and 24,000 buildings which burned down or were damaged.

So even though more land is burning overall fewer people have been directly affected. Still, fire season has several more months left to go.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
For what it's worth I live in the Ohio River valley right at the tip of "the smoke penis", the smoke and particulate cloud hit us yesterday. Our AQI's been in the high 50's, and we got the "yellow haze" today and yesterday. The smell of smoke in the air has been relatively strong all day.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Small stars in the dark sky.
I love this pig.
For what it's worth I live in the Ohio River valley right at the tip of "the smoke penis", the smoke and particulate cloud hit us yesterday. Our AQI's been in the high 50's, and we got the "yellow haze" today and yesterday. The smell of smoke in the air has been relatively strong all day.
I literally can’t smell it anymore. I just have a headache and a weight in my chest.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
There was one guy arrested for Arson recently but there's no political connection to it(apparently he had meth on him, so yeah). One of the other fires was probably started by firecrackers/fireworks(because dumbshits love to set off fireworks in the middle of fire season for some reason) and then there was the Gender Reveal Party that apparently someone thought was supposed to be executed like a Viking Funeral(except the Vikings at least put the boat out to sea before burning the damn thing).