Police shoot (another) unarmed black man in the back 7 times

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oh by the way, the pig-fucking scum had the man they paralysed for life shackled to his hospital bed.
They had to be careful just in case that paralysed guy tried to escape by dragging himself out of hospital by the fingernails.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well, I guess it slightly reduces the chance of police feeling the need to shoot him some more.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Oh by the way, the pig-fucking scum had the man they paralysed for life shackled to his hospital bed.

I'm sick of 'what the fuck'-ing out loud. I think it may be affecting my sanity.
I mean... there was a warrant for his arrest. He's accused of criminal trespass, domestic abuse, and sexual assault. The police claim they were called to the scene because of his presence, knew of the warrant, and were fought off when they attempted to arrest them. It would be kind of ridiculous for them to say "oh, he's not under arrest anymore, bullets undo crimes now." He was cuffed because he was under arrest. He's been uncuffed because bond was posted. Makes perfect sense.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I mean... there was a warrant for his arrest. He's accused of criminal trespass, domestic abuse, and sexual assault. The police claim they were called to the scene because of his presence, knew of the warrant, and were fought off when they attempted to arrest them. It would be kind of ridiculous for them to say "oh, he's not under arrest anymore, bullets undo crimes now." He was cuffed because he was under arrest. He's been uncuffed because bond was posted. Makes perfect sense.
Glad you can live in a world that makes perfect sense.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

I'm sick of 'what the fuck'-ing out loud. I think it may be affecting my sanity.
ACAB. No exceptions. Anybody who can justify this is just a fascist without the courage to admit it.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The world where handcuffing a suspected rapist who already attempted to flee the police makes sense? Is that really so strange to you?
ACAB. No exceptions. Anybody who can justify this is just a fascist without the courage to admit it.
You're degrading into increasingly thoughtless sloganeering. Think for yourself.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He's right though. If someone's in hospital charged with a crime, or out of prison for medical care etc., it is standard practice to 'cuff them to their beds. Them's the rules.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
The world where handcuffing a suspected rapist who already attempted to flee the police makes sense? Is that really so strange to you?
It is when's aid suspect is paralyzed from the waist down. I'm fairly certain he ain't gonna Uma Thurman his way out of the hospital to a waiting Pussy Wagon in the parking garage. But hey, I don't make the rules.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
He's right though. If someone's in hospital charged with a crime, or out of prison for medical care etc., it is standard practice to 'cuff them to their beds. Them's the rules.
Demonstrating once again that something being a rule doesn't make it intelligent or even applicable to real life situations. Then again, American cops have gunned down children under the age of 10 and said they feared for their lives, so we have to assume that without their guns, a paraplegic man could absolutely kick their asses.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Demonstrating once again that something being a rule doesn't make it intelligent or even applicable to real life situations. Then again, American cops have gunned down children under the age of 10 and said they feared for their lives, so we have to assume that without their guns, a paraplegic man could absolutely kick their asses.
Have you seen Kill Bill part 1? And that was a girl!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
It is when's aid suspect is paralyzed from the waist down. I'm fairly certain he ain't gonna Uma Thurman his way out of the hospital to a waiting Pussy Wagon in the parking garage. But hey, I don't make the rules.
I mean, he clearly had family able to visit, it's not outlandish to consider that some folks could pick him up and run him out the door.

I don't think it's a point that's worth all this fuss. The shooting was godawful wrong, there is plenty to focus on there. He still ended up under arrest. If he's arrested and not in police custody, I don't mind him being in cuffs. Nobody's brought up that the cuffs were screwed on too tight or anything, so it doesn't seem to be brutality.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Demonstrating once again that something being a rule doesn't make it intelligent or even applicable to real life situations.
Rules often aren't intelligent: they are often blunt instruments that look stupid in the face of all sorts of unusual circumstances. They exist because if they didn't, there would usually be the potential for far more to go wrong.

For instance, my department just cleared out a load of experienced staff. Now we're looking at a problem that means we need staff: the obvious thing is to bring back some of the people we just got rid of. And of course we can't, because of various rules. It's stupid, in a way. But I understand the reason for those rules, which are to prevent corruption and abuse of the system. It's just in our slightly unusual circumstances, they are frustratingly obstructive.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Rules often aren't intelligent: they are often blunt instruments that look stupid in the face of all sorts of unusual circumstances. They exist because if they didn't, there would usually be the potential for far more to go wrong.

For instance, my department just cleared out a load of experienced staff. Now we're looking at a problem that means we need staff: the obvious thing is to bring back some of the people we just got rid of. And of course we can't, because of various rules. It's stupid, in a way. But I understand the reason for those rules, which are to prevent corruption and abuse of the system. It's just in our slightly unusual circumstances, they are frustratingly obstructive.
This is why I trend toward the Neutral axis instead of Lawful or Chaotic. Structure is good to have, but life isn't a one-size-fits-all deal. The system that cannot be flexible is more prone to break sooner rather than later.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Is he paralyzed from the waist down? I know that's been said, but a lot of things have been said. When this started, the story was he was suddenly shot peacefully leaving in his car after he happened to try and break up a fight. Now we've got a warrant for his arrest, based on a complaint slightly to graphic for me to comfortably repeat, as well as a full scene that involved attempts to arrest him with no violence, then the use of tasers, then orders at point of gun and he's still trying to drive away from the scene with a car full of children? Are either of those versions accurate? I don't know, but with the few things that can be verified, we know the original story presented was not honest, to put it nicely. Am I just going to take someone's word as to the conditions now?

The things about paralysis and handcuffs were broadcast the way they were specifically to incite resentment for the police.