Police shoot (another) unarmed black man in the back 7 times

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
This is a prime example of what I was talking about the current system for employing officers attracting the type of people who should never be an officer ever. It has to be corrected by:

(no point in retyping all that out again) That is what it is going to take to change this.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
This is a prime example of what I was talking about the current system for employing officers attracting the type of people who should never be an officer ever. It has to be corrected by:

(no point in retyping all that out again) That is what it is going to take to change this.
Officers get plenty of voluntary training. Officers are paid much better than most careers with similar background requirements. Officers have cameras watching them. They have administrators meant to stop them from being terrible. Generally the regulations people want to add to the police are already in place for some of the worst departments. As an example, the chokehold that killed George Floyd was banned by the Minneapolis PD.
The problem is a power relation, not that we haven’t come up with the right rules to stop cops from breaking the rules. We must cripple their authority by defunding them, restricting their powers, banning their unions, taking away their toys, dividing their departments. The solution is not idealistic wonkery, it is cold realpolitik.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Officers get plenty of voluntary training. Officers are paid much better than most careers with similar background requirements. Officers have cameras watching them. They have administrators meant to stop them from being terrible. Generally the regulations people want to add to the police are already in place for some of the worst departments. As an example, the chokehold that killed George Floyd was banned by the Minneapolis PD.
The problem is a power relation, not that we haven’t come up with the right rules to stop cops from breaking the rules. We must cripple their authority by defunding them, restricting their powers, banning their unions, taking away their toys, dividing their departments. The solution is not idealistic wonkery, it is cold realpolitik.
Voluntary training? Who was talking about voluntary training? None of what I discussed had anything to do with that. I don't think you read anything I said. That isn't relevant to what I posted and I already told you why what you propose will only make it worse. You would just be making the problems that attract creeps like this worse and running off the cops we want for the job. You have to redefine the role of police entirely like discussed above. Go re read the link entirely then tell me how that is going to work. Your plan is " idealistic wonkery" not actually solving the problems like discussed in the link. Your solution doesn't solve any of the underlying problems at all, that is why that isn't a solution at all.

For example, what would it take for you to want to be a cop? What does it take to attract quality officers to replace the POS officers we need to get rid of? What in your plan actually addresses getting good people to want the job and stay there? We can only hire the people who want the job. We have to change the type of person the job attracts in order to get better people for the job.

Last edited:

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Voluntary training? Who was talking about voluntary training? None of what I discussed had anything to do with that. I don't think you read anything I said. That isn't relavant to what I posted and I already told you why what you propose will only make it worse.
You want cops to be better trained and regulated, but more training is not associated with better behavior in cops. Veterancy is not associated with better behavior in cops. Better pay is not associated with better behavior in cops. More regulation is not associated with better behavior in cops. More cameras are not associated with better behavior in cops. Cops do not give one fuck about anything we have done to rein them in.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
(Edit: This is in regards to the Tulsa body cam footage)

So everyone here just wants no police then? Really? You don't see the problem with people getting outraged over police using lethal force and then when we get an example of police not using lethal force everyone is spitting on their corpses when a guy shoots them?

Like all those idiots in the comments saying, "Oh just go pick him up later, blah blah blah." ok so what if he just does the same shit when they got to pick him up at a later time? What if he just doesn't go in to pay the fine? Even the European countries that don't give their police guns can still threaten people with force if the person doesn't obey the law because if they can't then welp, I guess all they can do is ask someone nicely to come in under arrest.

All those comments validate EVERY SINGLE POLICE SHOOTING in the heads of police officers that hear it. Know what all of them are going to think? "Oh, so people will call me a piece of shit that should die for doing the job no matter what. I guess I might as well shoot first from now on, I'd rather at least be alive."

God almighty! What happened to all the values everyone was talking about before?! What happened to "I think all murder is bad." or "I think abolishing the police is bad."?! Why am I, the autistic person, the one with a better understanding of human nature here?!

Like, they spent 7 minutes trying to get him out, before using any kind of force whatsoever, and people are still saying, "Pigs deserved getting shot." Like what do you want from the police if they can at no time use force to enforce the law? Just abolish the police if that's what you want, fine, let's just go to frontier justice!

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You want cops to be better trained and regulated, but more training is not associated with better behavior in cops. Veterancy is not associated with better behavior in cops. Better pay is not associated with better behavior in cops. More regulation is not associated with better behavior in cops. More cameras are not associated with better behavior in cops. Cops do not give one fuck about anything we have done to rein them in.
That wasn't what I said. read the link ENTIRELY.

For example, what would it take for you to want to be a cop? What does it take to attract quality officers to replace the POS officers we need to get rid of? What in your plan actually addresses getting good people to want the job and stay there? We can only hire the people who want the job. We have to change the type of person the job attracts in order to get better people for the job.

We aren't just retraining, we are redefining the role and changing who will even take the job at all.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
That wasn't what I said. read the link ENTIRELY.

I would never be a cop.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I would never be a cop.
What would it take to get people who aren't POS to take the job? I for one, would like to know the guy coming to my home to arrest the guy trying to break in and murder me isn't just as bad as the guy trying to murder me. We have to address who will take the job, our screening of employees, and by listening to what good cops have told us as the reason they left, we can change the job to attract the type of people who genuinely want to help make their community a better place and have an investment in it than people getting off copping a feel on a dead woman or using their job to get their adrenaline high for the day. Currently there is no reason for anyone better to take the job because of how bad the job sucks. We have to change that for this to work otherwise it will only get worse.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

So everyone here just wants no police then? Really? You don't see the problem with people getting outraged over police using lethal force and then when we get an example of police not using lethal force everyone is spitting on their corpses when a guy shoots them?

Like all those idiots in the comments saying, "Oh just go pick him up later, blah blah blah." ok so what if he just does the same shit when they got to pick him up at a later time? What if he just doesn't go in to pay the fine? Even the European countries that don't give their police guns can still threaten people with force if the person doesn't obey the law because if they can't then welp, I guess all they can do is ask someone nicely to come in under arrest.

All those comments validate EVERY SINGLE POLICE SHOOTING in the heads of police officers that hear it. Know what all of them are going to think? "Oh, so people will call me a piece of shit that should die for doing the job no matter what. I guess I might as well shoot first from now on, I'd rather at least be alive."

God almighty! What happened to all the values everyone was talking about before?! What happened to "I think all murder is bad." or "I think abolishing the police is bad."?! Why am I, the autistic person, the one with a better understanding of human nature here?!

Like, they spent 7 minutes trying to get him out, before using any kind of force whatsoever, and people are still saying, "Pigs deserved getting shot." Like what do you want from the police if they can at no time use force to enforce the law? Just abolish the police if that's what you want, fine, let's just go to frontier justice!
I’ve lost all sympathy for cops after months of watching them abuse people in my city and learning that’s all they’ve ever been. I may not wish violence on them, but I just don’t care about the preservation of American policing anymore.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

You're not the one with the better understanding, you just understand if your way.

Also how the fuck does it take them seven minutes to move him? What were these dipshits doing?

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
EVERYONE?! Really? * looks around* there are more people included in * everyone* ..
What was your response to that video?! That the basic aspect of what is required by police to be worth employing at all is an example of them being violent thugs? You saying that even the most basic thing, having to use force on someone that will not comply with the law in order for them to actually be punished for a crime, means that any kind of police force you set up with that idea is going to fail and be removed. In other words, abolishing the police force.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I see you, lil devils, I see you.
I didn't think most of the forum here wanted to get rid of police.. just a few people who need to be brought back to reality. Maybe living under Zeta rule for a little while will make them rethink their plan..

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I’ve lost all sympathy for cops after months of watching them abuse people in my city and learning that’s all they’ve ever been. I may not wish violence on them, but I just don’t care about the preservation of American policing anymore.
THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS! People are individuals, you are painting every single person in an officers uniform as being some kind of hive mind of people that are all the same. Are these the same police officers that abused your city?! How do you know ANYTHING about what kinds of people they are? What happened to you saying killing is wrong?!

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What was your response to that video?! That the basic aspect of what is required by police to be worth employing at all is an example of them being violent thugs? You saying that even the most basic thing, having to use force on someone that will not comply with the law in order for them to actually be punished for a crime, means that any kind of police force you set up with that idea is going to fail and be removed. In other words, abolishing the police force.
I didn't see your video yet. Quit assuming everyone has even gotten that far. * cant watch videos while on telehealth supervising OTHER people's calls. I am listening to how other people are handling their telehealth patients to give them feedback or help them if they get stuck. I hate it when ppl post videos for that reason. Being an MD, I get stuck supervising and assisting them with diagnosis.