Whistleblower says top DHS officials distorted intel to match Trump statements, lied to Congress

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
To be fair the only other president in recent memory that comes to mind where there was as much money to be made from doing so was Obama, and I think he had a better head for picking out staff who weren't useless sycophants only fit to betray him as soon as they got out of arms' reach.
Bush and Clintons didn't have as much money to be made? They all have that opportunity I would think, but it is a matter of the actual goals and actions of the President. Some people actually came into Trump's administration under the delusion that they were there to work for the government, when in fact, as they are all stating is Trump had no interest in that, he just wanted them to work for him, his personal interests at the expense of the government. We do not have another president in our recent history, if ever whose sole intent was personal gain at the expense of the people and viewed all offices at his direction to do so, including but not limited to the EPA, HUD, HHS, DOJ, DOD,DHS, USDT ect . Trump has viewed and treated all these agencies as his personal tools to be used for personal gain rather than being " the property of the people" for the people. According to his own staff, this is what they are telling us IS the difference here.

Reactions: SupahEwok

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Bush and Clintons didn't have as much money to be made? They all have that opportunity I would think, but it is a matter of the actual goals and actions of the President. Some people actually came into Trump's administration under the delusion that they were there to work for the government, when in fact, as they are all stating is Trump had no interest in that, he just wanted them to work for him, his personal interests at the expense of the government. We do not have another president in our recent history, if ever whose sole intent was personal gain at the expense of the people and viewed all offices at his direction to do so, including but not limited to the EPA, HUD, HHS, DOJ, DOD,DHS, USDT ect . Trump has viewed and treated all these agencies as his personal tools to be used for personal gain rather than being " the property of the people" for the people. According to his own staff, this is what they are telling us IS the difference here.
When I say money to be made, I mean media and book deals. Sure, it's fine to have books from insiders giving insight on Trump, but I have my doubts that the likes of Bolton and others would have went through the bother if they weren't getting a profit out of it. And the margins of that profit are higher now for exposés than for most other recent presidents.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
When I say money to be made, I mean media and book deals. Sure, it's fine to have books from insiders giving insight on Trump, but I have my doubts that the likes of Bolton and others would have went through the bother if they weren't getting a profit out of it. And the margins of that profit are higher now for exposés than for most other recent presidents.
There were book and media deals for officials in every administration as far back as I can remember. Bush's admin did the same, that is not uncommon at all and pretty well expected. The only reason why Bolton and such stand to make more money is that they actually have something to report due to Trump's constant illegal actions. In other words, Trump doing lots of illegal things is the only reason they stand to make more money talking about it. If Trump didn't do these things, there would be nothing worth reading in the first place.

Obama's administration didn't really do anything to make this sort of money either because Obama didn't really do a crap ton of illegal things. People's interest in Obama was primarily due to him being the first black president, and people wanted to gain better understanding of cultural differences in that aspect in addition to minorities finally able to see that this is even something possible for them to be a reality and not just a dream.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
There were book and media deals for officials in every administration as far back as I can remember. Bush's admin did the same, that is not uncommon at all and pretty well expected. The only reason why Bolton and such stand to make more money is that they actually have something to report due to Trump's constant illegal actions. In other words, Trump doing lots of illegal things is the only reason they stand to make more money talking about it. If Trump didn't do these things, there would be nothing worth reading in the first place.

Obama's administration didn't really do anything to make this sort of money either because Obama didn't really do a crap ton of illegal things. People's interest in Obama was primarily due to him being the first black president, and people wanted to gain better understanding of cultural differences in that aspect in addition to minorities finally able to see that this is even something possible for them to be a reality and not just a dream.
Yes, I believe you have described my point quite well, or at least one aspect of it.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yes, I believe you have described my point quite well, or at least one aspect of it.
It is pretty scary to think though that Trump's levels of immoral, unconscionable, unscrupulous, deceitful, fraudulent, dishonorable, and abominable behavior was even below the standards of some of the cretins speaking up about him. Just for a second, think about how low that really has to be to be to even shock these guys.. Then think about the fact that THIS is the guy in charge of the United States Military, housing, EPA, food stamps, Medicaid/ Medicare and other executive offices right now. The fact that doesn't bother everyone immensely is disturbing in it's self.