Black man Wearing apparel of possible political messaging with no known connection to his actions as of yet, kills 3 human beings

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
In that it's an indication of what sort of opinions one might have, yes.
Just a thought. Do you disagree with the statement that Breona Taylor and her family deserve justice, or that those who killed her should face legal consequences for their actions?

Do you think that is a particularly radical or dangerous opinion, such that it deserves to be held alongside the opinion that certain ethnic groups of people should be exterminated in gas chambers?

Reactions: Seanchaidh

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It seems like it is more likely than not that this was a racially motivated hate crime.
Kind of like how having a Nazi or a white supremacist tattoo would telling if the races were reversed.
No shit, racially motivated violence isn't exclusive to whites on other types, and it never has been. Noone has ever said otherwise. There are fucked up people in every group/culture/society/demographic/etc. This isn't a fucking surprise.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Do you disagree with the statement that Breona Taylor and her family deserve justice, or that those who killed her should face legal consequences for their actions?
No. But I'm also not going to own a shirt over it, just like I'm not going to wear an 'el Che' shirt or a MAGA hat.

Do you think that is a particularly radical or dangerous opinion, such that it deserves to be held alongside the opinion that certain ethnic groups of people should be exterminated in gas chambers?
It deserves it inasmuch as it's an indication of political beliefs. In this aspect shirts, hats, bracelets, and tattoos are alike.

I'm looking forward to all the comments next time someone with a nazi tattoo kills someone, implying that we cannot possibly figure out anything based on a tattoo. "What other tattoos did he have? Mom with a heart around it? The name of his favorite band?"

No shit, racially motivated violence isn't exclusive to whites on other types, and it never has been. Noone has ever said otherwise. There are fucked up people in every group/culture/society/demographic/etc. This isn't a fucking surprise.
Do you think that the current protests are causing more racially motivated violence?

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Do you think that the current protests are causing more racially motivated violence?
Considering racially motivated everything has been escalating over the last 4 years, the idea that it's being reciprocated doesn't surprise me at all. After case after case of white on black violence, KKK and other alt-right racists groups openly marching and doing all the dumb shit they do, do I think that some people on the other side of the issue have also decided "fuck it, i'm going to kill some white people" ? Yeah, doesn't surprise me at all.

Reactions: Houseman

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Considering racially motivated everything has been escalating over the last 4 years, the idea that it's being reciprocated doesn't surprise me at all. After case after case of white on black violence, KKK and other alt-right racists groups openly marching and doing all the dumb shit they do, do I think that some people on the other side of the issue have also decided "fuck it, i'm going to kill some white people" ? Yeah, doesn't surprise me at all.
This didnt start in 2016.

For decades, the black community has been complaining about police brutality etc. Other than Rodney King, there hasn't been too many cases caught on video. People could just hand wave the problem away.

But in 2014 WaPo and the Guardian decided to not listen to police statistics or the FBI collection of such data and just record every incident from around the country recorded in newspapers. And they found that the police and FBI have been lying or not doing their jobs for decades. By at least double (it's obviously hard to get an accurate read from 18 000 seperate departments.)

Ever since then cameras have been out, as well as body cameras. Its one of the reason body camera was a thing. It's highly like that this was treatment ALWAYS there. But it was not showing up in the stats... most likely due to negligence but that's still systemic racism

You have one group still stuck in Rodney King times, being told by the media these are just isolated incidents. We'll call this group blue. (Obviously, only because of the police support thing.) Another group stopped listening to the copoganda and looked at the facts... we might call this group red...

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I didn't say it started in 2016 did I? I said escalating, implying an already existing thing getting worse.
I'm saying the 'escalation started' in 2014. When I said started, I meant started escalating. Sorry for the confusion

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
This is just one more example that terrible people can purport to support anyone in a self-serving gesture. We shouldn't give virtue points to people who virtue signal by wearing shirts with messages on them, only actions should count, merely saying the right things or giving off an aura of support is hollow and will be manipulated by the sociopaths who want to blend in and obtain status despite having no value warranting either of those.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Ok so I see some scumbag commits heinous crime gets arrested by the proper authorities everything is falling in the place just fine justice is in the process but then this title. Like the first two article just reported the facts even the owner said there is "political here".

Yet you post some Twitter comment I thought those were the salt of the Earth the reason for the decline of Western civilization from some obvious assclown trying to stir the pot for an audience they know will listen and make something it into something poisonous.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
This is bad.
What happened was bad.
The guy who murdered people is bad.

But come on, guys. Seriously?

With the obviously biased and slanted titles on threads here, all the time, from whatever angle, are you honestly telling me that if this asshole was wearing MAGA shit that that wouldn't be front and center?

This is par for the course. Harping on that aspect, while ignoring other instances, comes across as a bit hypocritical.

But yes. More info is required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Houseman

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Okay, as for "on-topic opinions", it's a tragedy that more people have died in another senseless shooting, however the thread title is terrible. Should have just gone with the "3 killed in restaurant shooting in Louisville", unless you are seriously suggesting the shirt had anything to do with it (we know nothing at this point outside that picture), because that would be silly. It would be like saying we need to ban metal music because a school shooter was wearing a Pantera shirt.
Honestly if some-one were a nutjob wanting to get easy attention. Wearing a shirt like that while committing such an act will do it.
I mean it was either that or #Subscribetopewdiepie

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Honestly if some-one were a nutjob wanting to get easy attention. Wearing a shirt like that while committing such an act will do it.
I mean it was either that or #Subscribetopewdiepie
Yep, it’s an easy shit stirring mechanic, and it happens so often it becomes a little difficult to tell the true believers to the just regular flavour cock-weasels who get chubbies from wanton murder.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Man with shirt that espouses an entirely reasonable opinion kills some people. Kind of like the police who killed Breonna Taylor. He'll face some pretty grave consequences. The police who killed Breonna Taylor, so far as we can tell at this point, won't.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Man with shirt that espouses an entirely reasonable opinion kills some people. Kind of like the police who killed Breonna Taylor. He'll face some pretty grave consequences. The police who killed Breonna Taylor, so far as we can tell at this point, won't.
That is actually an interesting point. We're supposed to be scared and angry when someone in a specific shirt kills someone, but not when someone in a uniform does?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That is actually an interesting point. We're supposed to be scared and angry when someone in a specific shirt kills someone, but not when someone in a uniform does?
Yeah, second that. Also, not seen it expressed that way before.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You're supposed to expect that someone in a uniform will, at one point, kill somebody. That's why a gun comes with the uniform and the authority to use violence.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
You're supposed to expect that someone in a uniform will, at one point, kill somebody. That's why a gun comes with the uniform and the authority to use violence.
Firstly, no I'm supposed that someone in a uniform will protect me and society. As a consequences thereof they might have to employ deadly force, but that is only a consequence of their function, not their inherent function.
Your title still implies a causality between the killing and the shirt, thus making the cause represented by the shirt an inexorable part of the killing, which is a negative. Why don't we do the same with police uniforms when the wearers of those uniforms have shown themselves to be so much deadlier?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
As a consequences thereof they might have to employ deadly force,
Yes, exactly. That's all I meant.

Why don't we do the same with police uniforms when the wearers of those uniforms have shown themselves to be so much deadlier?
We do.
That's why the headlines are "Cop kills unarmed black man"
Not "Man kills unarmed black man"

The uniform is implied by "cop".
And when they're out of uniform they're referred to as "plainclothes" or "undercover".

Whether or not you're supposed to be "scared and angry" or whether you see it as an unfortunate consequence of granting authority to people to commit violence, is up to you.

Last edited: