Black man Wearing apparel of possible political messaging with no known connection to his actions as of yet, kills 3 human beings

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
why aren't we worried they're lying about easily contestable facts that don't really matter
If it's easily contestable, then SHOW US THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE SHIRT!

And if it doesn't really matter, why would they mention it at all? Why are people in this topic up in arms about it?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Cops lie all the time, right? If we can't trust them to accurately tell us whether or not they feared for their life or whether or not their investigations turned up evidence of wrongdoing, or if we can't trust them to accurately tell us how many black men they killed, why do we trust them to tell us about the print on a t-shirt?
It's interesting that you'd compare self-serving statements and conclusions to a presumably innocuous report of what's on a shirt. In any case, any confidence in this report of the details of the shirt should be provisional. Maybe it had nothing on it. Who knows?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It's interesting that you'd compare self-serving statements and conclusions to a presumably innocuous report of what's on a shirt. In any case, any confidence in this report of the details of the shirt should be provisional. Maybe it had nothing on it. Who knows?
You construct for yourself an unknowable world so you can believe and doubt whatever you want. Ultimately, it’s little better than outright Nihilism, perhaps worse given the more dramatic framing you provide to it. It’s sophistry. It’s empty.

My new favorite hobby: using quotes from forum members against each-other.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
If it's easily contestable, then SHOW US THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE SHIRT!

And if it doesn't really matter, why would they mention it at all? Why are people in this topic up in arms about it?
Why would they show the shirt. Is there some outcry from anyone other than you? And it's easily contestable by any witnesses.

It doesn't affect the lives of the ones reporting it. That you care doesn't really have any impact on them. What matters is relative. Matter in this case refers to what matters to them. Their own actions being under scrutiny creates rather direct incentive. If one says they shot someone without fearing for their life that's gonna be not so great for them often.

This seems simple enough, do these things really escape you or are you just asking to be annoying?

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why would they show the shirt. Is there some outcry from anyone other than you?
For the same reason that they would reveal details (that may or may not have been made up) about the shirt to the press. Apparently, the outcry was large enough to warrant such a thing.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
BUT WAIT!
Cops lie all the time, right? If we can't trust them to accurately tell us whether or not they feared for their life or whether or not their investigations turned up evidence of wrongdoing, or if we can't trust them to accurately tell us how many black men they killed, why do we trust them to tell us about the print on a t-shirt?

- Terminal Blue

- Obsidian

How quick we are to change our tune when we hear something that benefits our "team", huh?
That's strange, neither of those tries are how you spell my name, and I'm one of I believe two who's made any comment at all related to believing this police statement you've reported that I can see.

Do you need help Housey? It's spelled S-U-P-A-H-E-W-O-K. That was a bit of trouble on my part to type out on mobile, but anything to facilitate the conduction of veracity, and good faith rhetoric and debate. Go get 'em, champ!

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That's strange, neither of those tries are how you spell my name, and I'm one of I believe two who's made any comment at all related to believing this police statement you've reported that I can see.

Do you need help Housey? It's spelled S-U-P-A-H-E-W-O-K. That was a bit of trouble on my part to type out on mobile, but anything to facilitate the conduction of veracity, and good faith rhetoric and debate. Go get 'em, champ!
I think you misunderstood the reason why I quoted those two people. I quoted them because they said both something along the lines of "the police can't be trusted"

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I think you misunderstood the reason why I quoted those two people. I quoted them because they said both something along the lines of "the police can't be trusted"
Well thats just silly, since neither of them have popped in to try to claim the police are trying to tell the truth this time. That doesn't sound like you to not stick to the facts. So the only logical conclusion is that there's a simple mistake here. It's okay, we're only human. But the E is capitalized, don't forget!

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
For the same reason that they would reveal details (that may or may not have been made up) about the shirt to the press. Apparently, the outcry was large enough to warrant such a thing.
Yeah but the outcry isn't for a picture of the shirt. Sorry bud the world does not revolve around you, your desire for one doesn't matter.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You were the first one to bring up the shirt Houseman.
Because it was important, as proven by how the police went out of their way to discuss the shirt with the media.

Well thats just silly, since neither of them have popped in to try to claim the police are trying to tell the truth this time.
They don't need to have posted in this topic for me to quote them. Did you miss the part where I said "My new favorite hobby: using quotes from forum members against each-other"?

How do you think I found those quotes? I had to search for them.
Sorry bud the world does not revolve around you, your desire for one doesn't matter.
I never claimed that it was MY outcry that caused the police to reveal details about the shirt

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
My new favorite hobby: using quotes from forum members against each-other.
It's probably better if you use quotes against the same person. Two different people can have different ideologies even if they are from ’the same side of the fence.’

It also would be good if these quotes were at odds with each other, just to help with your argument

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So it’s important solely because the police say it’s important?
It's important because his shirt could be evidence of motivation.
The police and several news outlets thought it was important too, which is why they mentioned it.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
That was a bit of trouble on my part to type out on mobile, but anything to facilitate the conduction of veracity, and good faith rhetoric and debate. Go get 'em, champ!
"Annoying recitation: Let us proceed to facilitate communications, and bring about the termination of hostilities."

Reactions: SupahEwok

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It's important because his shirt could be evidence of motivation.
The police and several news outlets thought it was important too, which is why they mentioned it.
The news and police are wrong all the time, why presume they’re right here?

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It's probably better if you use quotes against the same person. Two different people can have different ideologies even if they are from ’the same side of the fence.’

It also would be good if these quotes were at odds with each other, just to help with your argument
Thank you, I shall keep these tips in mind.

The news and police are wrong all the time, why presume they’re right here?
Yes, exactly. Why believe anything the police say? Welcome to post #80

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
BUT WAIT!

- Terminal Blue

- Obsidian

How quick we are to change our tune when we hear something that benefits our "team", huh?
You're literally attacking strawmen now. Neither of the users you called out have "changed their tune." They haven't even posted since the new information was revealed for fucks sake.