Bloomberg Pays Fines for 32,000 Felons in Move to Bypass GOP Voter Suppression Obstacles

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
What country is Bloomberg the president of?
What does that have to do with anything? Why are you making this about FUCKING TRUMP?! Not everything is about TRUMP, holy shit! The criticism of old rich white guys is used for ALLLLLLL OF THEM! I hear people on this forum and everywhere else use it as a slur but oh no, it's someone on "our side" time to get quiet about it. Our supposed values only mater until they don't.

Also, I have no love for Bloomberg either, I'm just saying Republicans have no fucking right to call corruption if they're going to ignore Trump's shit. Something about glass houses and throwing rocks.
Ok? Who cares what the Republicans think? Democrats are the ones throwing stones then saying nothing when they also do them. Kinda goes back to how both sides are full of it.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What country is Bloomberg the president of?

Also, I have no love for Bloomberg either, I'm just saying Republicans have no fucking right to call corruption if they're going to ignore Trump's shit. Something about glass houses and throwing rocks.

Fuck, I'd love the right to hold Trump to anywhere near the same standard they held Hillary too. BUT HER EMAILS......
Lmao, Yea.. It isn't just Trump either, His entire administration and congress has been having a field day during this free for all.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What does that have to do with anything?
Well you are actually accusing Bloomberg of not donating when you have no idea how much he donated, when I don't ever recall you accusing Trump of not donating to a cause he supported when chances are he took money rather than donated it.

I am sure Bloomberg donates to any cause he champions like this. Just looking through his financials for 2018, he donated $767 million to charity. When Like Trump only donated like $10,000 for like a decade. Bloomberg just doesn't go around blabbering about everything he donates to, whereas Trump sees just telling people he is donating millions he never does as a photo op and nothing else.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Well you are actually accusing Bloomberg of not donating when you have no idea how much he donated, when I don't ever recall you accusing Trump of not donating to a cause he supported when chances are he took money rather than donated it.
What does this have to do with what I think? I'm criticizing double standards from other people. You do it right here too! Ugh. Whatever.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What does this have to do with what I think? I'm criticizing double standards from other people. You do it right here too! Ugh. Whatever.
It isn't a double standard though if he is actually donating his money. He donates a LOT if you look at his record here. Inside Philanthropy has him down as giving like $8 billion from their previous calculations.. More than Trump has ever been worth.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
What does that have to do with anything? Why are you making this about FUCKING TRUMP?! Not everything is about TRUMP, holy shit!
Ok? Who cares what the Republicans think? Democrats are the ones throwing stones then saying nothing when they also do them. Kinda goes back to how both sides are full of it.
You heard me clear before.

Because Republicans pretty much turn a blind eye to trump and their own people's corruption and yet want to go "OH, LOOK AT BLOOMBERG AND DEMOCRATS! He holds no public office but LOOK! LOOK!"

Seriously, dude, you were going off how corrupt this looks and I'm pointing out you guys are more then happy to let your boy, WHO RUNS THE FUCKING COUNTRY WITH A COMPLIANT SENATE, do what he wants for years, and don't be surprised when people call you out for not having any credibility.

We're done here.

Reactions: MetalHead

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I am sure Bloomberg donates to any cause he champions like this. Just looking through his financials for 2018, he donated $767 million to charity. When Like Trump only donated like $10,000 for like a decade. Bloomberg just doesn't go around blabbering about everything he donates to, whereas Trump sees just telling people he is donating millions he never does as a photo op and nothing else.
Hasn't Trump donated all of his presidential salary since taking office?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Hasn't Trump donated all of his presidential salary since taking office?
That is because he is making up for it in his clubs and resorts. Trump doesn't want his puny presidents check when the real money is to be made elsewhere.

If he wants more money he just goes to play golf, like every weekend. How much did Trump give before taking office? How much did Trump promise to charities he never gave to but bragged about giving to? How much did Trump funnel to his businesses from a children's cancer Charity?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It isn't a double standard though if he is actually donating his money. He donates a LOT if you look at his record here. Inside Philanthropy has him down as giving like $8 billion from their previous calculations.. More than Trump has ever been worth.
Hey, at least that money is going back into the economy. I don't have a lot of nice things to say about billionaires in general, but if they want to try to repair their legacies by spending vast amounts of cash on humanitarian causes, I'm not going to stop them.

Reactions: lil devils x

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Oh, i think there's a time limit for it or something, because other posts have allowed editing straight afterwards, just seemingly not if I've buggered off for a bit. Or could be to do with classism, with the different ranks people have here. Or both!
You have something like a 5 minute time limit if you don't have a Legacy or Escapist + badge. If you have either one, you have unlimited time to edit.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
and spent paid HIMSELF ten times that in secret service protection to play golf. What's your point?
Just making the point clearer because the inevitable response is "but every president has golfed" :)

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Honestly what's with this whole thing about him paying or not. Should he just toss his own cash at it? Yeah. Not surprised he didn't, he's scum. But I'm perfectly fine with the end result which is people aren't being barred from voting for rather spurious reasons.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Honestly what's with this whole thing about him paying or not. Should he just toss his own cash at it? Yeah. Not surprised he didn't, he's scum. But I'm perfectly fine with the end result which is people aren't being barred from voting for rather spurious reasons.
It could be seen as corruption. Paying for votes. Swaying the electiob

But you tend to try to keep that sort of thing secret. I'm fine with him paying fines. I'm not fine with him paying for Dem votes

Reactions: Tsun Tzu

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
It could be seen as corruption. Paying for votes. Swaying the electiob

But you tend to try to keep that sort of thing secret. I'm fine with him paying fines. I'm not fine with him paying for Dem votes
I mean, one could wonder. But the question then is like, it's not conditional or anything. At most it might make them grateful because they know the source. Which is just a bit of a ehhhh side effect to a Dem being the one to do something to fix an injustice. You don't let nonsense persist just because people might be grateful to the one who paid to fix it.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells