Trump Town Hall Disaster

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
What? Why would I know of something you did over 12 years ago?! I wasn't even in this forum then, and even if it was during his presidency that would assume I care enough about you to remember you, which to be honest I don't even remember you from the old forums, but then again I tended not to engage with R&P in part because it was like hardcore racist and as a Mexican I didn't want to bother with that, like seriously it's not an offence I bet you don't remember me at all either.

Regarding Obama I was referring again to the obvious corruption and Wall Street crony-ism that allowed the people responsible of the Housing Crisis to not only get away with it but also continue to do their jobs, as for your suggestion of ignoring Obama's war crimes because they are no longer relevant, it speaks to they hypocrisy of your own rhetoric, yes definitely caring about human rights by ignoring war crimes just because this bad war criminal did more good things than the other war criminals George W. Bush and Donald J. Trump, anyways what we're saying is that ALL of these people should be held accountable for their actions, you're suggesting being selective.

Anyway regarding the viability of a revolution, it is true that the US army is the biggest in the world and as such a different approach should be considered, however what you propose isn't a solution, it's just trying to solve Capitalism with Capitalism it'll never happen, even if you get control of the senate the power is still in the hands of the rich as long as Capitalism exists, and the longer Capitalism exists the more power they have, so if it's a gargantuan task now, it'll be even worse later.

And lastly the suggestion that these people are helping Trump is sheer stupidity, an argument not even worth discussing as all you're saying is that everyone criticising Democrats is helping Trump directly is sheer stupidity and forgets of the fact that at least here in México most of us still vote, because even if we're planning a Revolution it's a good experiment to see if things can be manipulated to be a bit more favourable for us in the meantime.

You're at this point just spouting pure nonsense and it isn't worth my time, I think I'm starting to remember why I didn't bother discussing politics in these boards.
Anyway the fact that you think things are getting worse by listening to the people who are actually trying to solve the problem of capitalism just speaks to the stupidity of the moderate stance, just do what our Democrat overlords say, they have all the answers, anyways while I haven't said that you should stop doing what you're doing, every good action counts for something at least you should stop claiming that the people denouncing the evils of Capitalism are somehow in favour of the right wing party because that's simply sheer stupidity and I don't think it's worth continuing to engage in such an absurd discussion.

Anyways by all means continue being a Democrat lap dog, just stop pretending you're actually trying to change the system when all you're doing is submitting to it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yeah that pretty much sums up the state of political debate right now. Memes and political cartoons instead of actual critical thought and well-reasoned arguments

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You made the unfounded accusations without knowing that. You were the one throwing the accusation without even any such evidence of such, no background of such and that is on you why you chose to make the accusation in the first place when there was no reason at all for you to do so because it wasn't even true. Obama didn't abuse the department of justice and wield it like a weapon and prosecute the people who offended him. He respected the separation of powers and left that to congress and the DOJ to handle as it is not the presidents job to politically prosecute anyone. You are expecting Obama to do someone else's job. What exactly do you think the president of the United States job is supposed to be? It is not the presidents job to prosecute anyone. I didn't suggest ignoring Obama's war crimes, please show me where I am being selective? ALSO do show me who exactly is doing anything about them, or will do anything about them? Where is the option for that available? I am not seeing one. I am not being selective, I am saying we do not have an option for anyone who will. Is Europe going to? Mexico? Who exactly is going to hold ANY of the accountable? I am not seeing that option anywhere, nor is that option being presented by anyone here, even you are not presenting a realistic step by step plan that will do that because one does not exist. I could fantasize about launching them and the plastic into the sun too but why waste my time when that is as much a reality as that happening. Why worry about something no one is going to do anything about instead of focus on what they are willing to do something about? That just makes you spin in your wheel like a hamster and never get anything done at all.

The ONLY way to control the US military is to control the government. The ONLY way to control the government is to win elections. It is the ONLY option we have. Saying it isn't a solution when you have never even participated in a US election, never voted, never ran for any office in the US ( I actually was on the city council for a very brief period to help get the hospital built here FYI, I was actually elected and understand how this works as well.) My sister was part of the electoral college, according to you and your idea all of "this is impossible" because I came from a poor family with 10 kids to feed. According to you corporations would stop that from happening. That isn't true. There is power in people, they just have to be smart enough to use it properly and not fall for stupid gimmicks doomed like revolutions and conspiracies that only exist to divide the people. Bernie Sanders was elected to be senator and SHOWED us the path forward. People just need to be smart enough to follow it.

Why do you think they are actually doing anything to solve capitalism? If you are going to make the claim they are actually trying to "solve" capitalism in any way, go ahead and show me their actual actions they have taken to do so, and the plan to get this accomplished. Telling people not to vote from the comforts of their own homes on their computers they own due to them using capitalism to get them? They have done ZERO. Less than Zero really. Criticize democrats, I do all the time as well, but do so critically and compare them side by side for current policy options pros and cons, and not some BS talking about decades old news, rumors and unfounded falsehoods . Actually compare real policies and our real options for better. I am not seeing any of that happen. I supported Bernie and warren in the primaries, and had PLENTY to say about everyone else and told everyone here that I wished Biden hadn't even had run at all to begin with. The " idea" of revolution fantasies are nice, because they are just ideas, I am not seeing a tangible plan because there isn't one. Following Bernie's ACTUAL plan here gives us a viable path here and not just someone talking out of their arse at you. All that Money the US has to spend on Military and MORE are what are being use to stop a " revolution" from happening. The reality here is, the wealthy don't really mind the economic crashes as they are fine regardless of them. The economic crashes only kill off and harm the poor in reality. Trying to intentionally LET the economic crashes happen means you are literally just killing off the poor. The wealthy will be on their own private islands an resorts ignoring the suffering entirely. They have their wealth tied up in assets and other currencies, crashing the US economy will not impact them the way some seem to think it will.

How can people claim to support Bernie, an actual independent, not a democrat. and then completely ignore his actual plan here and help Trump instead? Makes no sense. BTW, I am not a democrat. Hell I am actually still technically considered a registered Libertarian, as I was actually elected as a representative for the libertarian party. However, I grew out of that delusion quick when I grew up and I am a progressive. Far more progressive than democrats will likely ever be. I am also a realist and take every step we can get, as even inches are better than going backwards even if we can only get baby steps because people still keep falling for being duped by the GOP's latest scheme to keep people from voting. Trying to get actual changes done> being duped by the GOP into ignoring the people trying to help by not voting. They make these memes for good reason:

Oh and BTW, warren was actually trying to prosecute those who abused the bailout, most here offered her no support at the time:
She hasn't given up being able to do so yet. It is up to congress and the DOJ to prosecute them, that is why we have to win the elections in congress needed to do so.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It is pretty amazing though that people who think they don't have enough votes to win elections suddenly would then have enough people to fight the best defenses the wealthiest people in the world can buy. Oh a plan? Who needs a plan! Let's just fly by our arse.

Yep. lemme git my rifle and my brother Jethro and 'at il git er dun!'
They think this is Egypt or something and the military is just gonna sit there and watch?
LOL No, this is the US, they will round 'em up and charge them dumbarses with treason.
Hell Trump is just itching for the election to be over so he can use the military on the people. He keeps hounding people about wanting to do so already because he thinks that will actually help him win.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
It is pretty amazing though that people who think they don't have enough votes to win elections suddenly would then have enough people to fight the best defenses the wealthiest people in the world can buy. Oh a plan? Who needs a plan! Let's just fly by our arse.

Yep. lemme git my rifle and my brother Jethro and 'at il git er dun!'
They think this is Egypt or something and the military is just gonna sit there and watch?
LOL No, this is the US, they will round 'em up and charge them dumbarses with treason.
Hell Trump is just itching for the election to be over so he can use the military on the people.
Because its not about actually effecting positive change. The goal is just to feel superior by being "more pure."

Last edited:
Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Because its not about actually effecting positive change. The goal is to just feel superior by being "more pure."
Sit around doing nothing other than shit talking nonsense about the glory of their imaginary revolutionary accomplishments while actively encouraging those actually trying to save lives and solve problems to stop doing that and that trying to actually save people and solve problems is disingenuously caring about millions of people dying due to capitalism and causing war crimes not to be prosecuted and that we should stop trying to save lives and solve problems and instead sit around shit talking about the glory of their imaginary revolutionary accomplishments too because that is apparently more productive.

Man, it sure would be nice not to actually care about what is happening enough to us as we speak to be able to sit around shit talking nonsense about the glory of their imaginary revolutionary accomplishments instead of actually trying to actually do something about it in reality.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
What? Why would I know of something you did over 12 years ago?! I wasn't even in this forum then, and even if it was during his presidency that would assume I care enough about you to remember you, which to be honest I don't even remember you from the old forums, but then again I tended not to engage with R&P in part because it was like hardcore racist and as a Mexican I didn't want to bother with that, like seriously it's not an offence I bet you don't remember me at all either.

Regarding Obama I was referring again to the obvious corruption and Wall Street crony-ism that allowed the people responsible of the Housing Crisis to not only get away with it but also continue to do their jobs, as for your suggestion of ignoring Obama's war crimes because they are no longer relevant, it speaks to they hypocrisy of your own rhetoric, yes definitely caring about human rights by ignoring war crimes just because this bad war criminal did more good things than the other war criminals George W. Bush and Donald J. Trump, anyways what we're saying is that ALL of these people should be held accountable for their actions, you're suggesting being selective.

Anyway regarding the viability of a revolution, it is true that the US army is the biggest in the world and as such a different approach should be considered, however what you propose isn't a solution, it's just trying to solve Capitalism with Capitalism it'll never happen, even if you get control of the senate the power is still in the hands of the rich as long as Capitalism exists, and the longer Capitalism exists the more power they have, so if it's a gargantuan task now, it'll be even worse later.

And lastly the suggestion that these people are helping Trump is sheer stupidity, an argument not even worth discussing as all you're saying is that everyone criticising Democrats is helping Trump directly is sheer stupidity and forgets of the fact that at least here in México most of us still vote, because even if we're planning a Revolution it's a good experiment to see if things can be manipulated to be a bit more favourable for us in the meantime.

You're at this point just spouting pure nonsense and it isn't worth my time, I think I'm starting to remember why I didn't bother discussing politics in these boards.
Anyway the fact that you think things are getting worse by listening to the people who are actually trying to solve the problem of capitalism just speaks to the stupidity of the moderate stance, just do what our Democrat overlords say, they have all the answers, anyways while I haven't said that you should stop doing what you're doing, every good action counts for something at least you should stop claiming that the people denouncing the evils of Capitalism are somehow in favour of the right wing party because that's simply sheer stupidity and I don't think it's worth continuing to engage in such an absurd discussion.

Anyways by all means continue being a Democrat lap dog, just stop pretending you're actually trying to change the system when all you're doing is submitting to it.
But the only way to save our country from old senile warmonger rapists is to elect old senile warmonger rapists. You just don't get it. Oh, and don't ask for anything helpful, that's not what they're there to do.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
But the only way to save our country from old senile warmonger rapists is to elect old senile warmonger rapists. You just don't get it. Oh, and don't ask for anything helpful, that's not what they're there to do.
Your point would be more made if the opposing senile person has a clear shot to the same level of Power that the incumbent senile jerk has. The challenger will not. He will have to compete with More Federal Judges that should ever be possible, a supreme court, and the Senate.

Which has given Trump so much leeway to do whatever he wants.

New Senile has to contend with that, with only the House to back him. Otherwise known as a stalemate. AKA, time to plan for a better change of power instead of allowing the Incumbent Senile Jerk Four more years and not having to worry about being re-elected to do whatever he wants.

Biden will not have anywhere near the level of power that Trump currently has. Biden is a pause. And yes, I would rather a pause while waiting for a true revolution, then allowing more carnage to fix later because the incumbent is still in charge.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Your point would be more made if the opposing senile person has a clear shot to the same level of Power that the incumbent senile jerk has. The challenger will not. He will have to compete with More Federal Judges that should ever be possible, a supreme court, and the Senate.

Which has given Trump so much leeway to do whatever he wants.

New Senile has to contend with that, with only the House to back him. Otherwise known as a stalemate. AKA, time to plan for a better change of power instead of allowing the Incumbent Senile Jerk Four more years and not having to worry about being re-elected to do whatever he wants.

Biden will not have anywhere near the level of power that Trump currently has. Biden is a pause. And yes, I would rather a pause while waiting for a true revolution, then allowing more carnage to fix later because the incumbent is still in charge.
The problem is it wouldn't be a pause. As we see reliably from Democrats, the largest difference in policy outcomes is how visible it is.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
The problem is it wouldn't be a pause. As we see reliably from Democrats, the largest difference in policy outcomes is how visible it is.
It absolutely would. Most of Trump's time was trying to undo everything Obama has done. Trump has done a lot, but he hasn't completed it all. The Corporates have a lot to do to reverse Trump.

You contend that Corporates and Republicans are the same? Great, I can walk with you down this path. But the problem is branding. Each side needs the situation to look on surface pleasing to their base? Wonderful. There is nothing that is happening in America Today that looks pleasing to the Democrat Base. The corporates will have their hands full trying to wash it and make it look spick and span.

Covid fall out, Police in open revolt against the populous. The Populous in open revolt period. Trump gutting the Civil Rights department. Trump gutting the Environmental Protections. Educational Distress. The way the nation is split on the Border. There's too much to tackle.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Biden's plan IS actually helpful. Trump's plan is not.
Making rent+ utilities = 30% of your income
$8,000 tax credit per child.
$15,000 First Down Payment Tax Credit
A new Homeowner and Renter Bill of Rights.
Legal Assistance to Prevent Evictions Act of 2020
Legislation similar to the proposed HOME Act of 2019 to withhold some federal funds from states unless they develop “inclusionary zoning.
Applying the Community Reinvestment Act to mortgage and insurance companies
Apply the 10-20-30 plan to all federal programs – at least 10% of the money must go to areas that have had 20% or more poverty over the last 30 years.
Continue to require communities receiving certain federal funds to be subject to the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule
Ensuring 100% of formerly incarcerated individuals – at the federal and state level – have housing upon release, and require entities in federal housing programs to participate
Create a comprehensive housing grant program tailored to survivors of domestic and sexual violence
Tackle racial bias that leads to homes in communities of color being assessed by appraisers below their fair value
Within the HOME program, establish a $100 billion Affordable Housing Fund to construct and upgrade affordable housing, including
$65 billion in new incentives for state housing authorities
$10 billion to make homes more energy efficient, and
$ 5 billion to increase the stock of affordable housing as part of larger community development efforts
$20 billion increased funding for the Housing Trust Fun
$13 billion over five years to enact the Ending Homelessness Act
$10 billion over ten years to expand flexible funding for the Community Development Block Grant
$5 billion every year to expand the New Markets Tax Credit program
$300 million for Local Housing Policy Grants
Increase resources for mental health services and substance use disorder treatment, including through the Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness program
Increase funding for the Multi-Family Direct Loans and the Single Family Direct Loans programs at USDA
Expand access to the Supportive Housing for the Elderly (“Section 202”) and Supportive Housing for Individuals with Disabilities (“Section 811”) programs
If you attend a public college or university. Tuition would be free for four years if your family has an income below $125,000
If you attend a private minority-serving institution. Grants would cover up to two years’ tuition at private historically Black colleges and universities, tribal colleges and universities, and additional MSIs
If you attend a community college. Tuition would be free for two years if you hadn’t previously pursued a postsecondary degree. You could also use these funds for a career-training program if it meets to-be-determined graduation and job placement rates

Biden has recommended canceling federal student debt in the following instances:
  • If you attended a public college or university. Attendees of private HBCUs and additional MSIs would also be eligible.
  • If you used the loans for undergraduate tuition. Graduate student debt would not be canceled under Biden’s proposal.
  • If you earn less than $125,000. Biden’s plan references a phase-out of this benefit but does not offer further details.
Biden also supports forgiving $10,000 for all federal student loan borrowers as COVID-19 relief

Biden would introduce a new student loan forgiveness program for borrowers who provide public service.
  • Up to $50,000 would be forgiven. Under Biden’s plan, $10,000 of your debt would be automatically canceled for each year you perform eligible service, for up to five years total.
  • It wouldn’t replace Public Service Loan Forgiveness. That program, which is available to government workers, teachers and other nonprofit employees, requires borrowers to make 120 eligible payments to have their remaining balance forgiven.
  • Biden would rework PSLF. Biden proposes qualifying additional federal loans and repayment options for PSLF. Half your balance would also be forgiven after five years. Roughly 98% of PSLF applications have been rejected to date, according to Department of Education data.
Just to name a few great things we have here. Where is trumps great plans btw? Oh yea? Mhmm.. GO ahead and talk about how not to ask for anything helpful. just don't ask for anything helpful from Trump. Biden doesn't make his budget. he tells them what he will agree to and experts make it happen for him, because Biden, unlike trump actually understands what experts are there for.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
It absolutely would. Most of Trump's time was trying to undo everything Obama has done. Trump has done a lot, but he hasn't completed it all. The Corporates have a lot to do to reverse Trump.

You contend that Corporates and Republicans are the same? Great, I can walk with you down this path. But the problem is branding. Each side needs the situation to look on surface pleasing to their base? Wonderful. There is nothing that is happening in America Today that looks pleasing to the Democrat Base. The corporates will have their hands full trying to wash it and make it look spick and span.

Covid fall out, Police in open revolt against the populous. The Populous in open revolt period. Trump gutting the Civil Rights department. Trump gutting the Environmental Protections. Educational Distress. The way the nation is split on the Border. There's too much to tackle.
But none of that will be tackled by the corporatists. Biden has already sided with Trump about the police; throw ANTIFA (and presumably reporters) in jail and give the police more money, that's his plan for it.

No to the Green New Deal or even provisions in it, so fuck the environment no matter the EPA's funding. This is very much a "work needed to start a decade ago" kind of deal, there really is no difference between a pause or a slide. We're here because pauses, a pause very much isn't good enough since pausing is sliding.

And I don't see Biden straying from Obama's policy on locking kids in cages at the border. He's not even as far left as Obama, who was a right wing corporatist.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Cont..
Biden healthcare centers around the public option
lowers Medicare age to 60
Increased subsidies and allow higher incomes to qualify to help plug the holes from the states who declined the Medicaid expansion and basing them on the gold plan instead of the silver plan.
End surprise billing
Prescription medication reform

Infrastructure:
  • Joe Biden’s campaign released a plan to put $2 trillion into green infrastructure and energy over four years.
  • The Democrat outlined a more ambitious climate change and job creation platform than he did during the primary as he aims to reduce emissions and create jobs.
  • The Trump campaign argued Biden’s plan would harm workers in the oil and natural gas industries.
Prisons:
  • End all incarceration for drug use alone and instead divert individuals to drug courts and treatment. Biden believes that no one should be imprisoned for the use of illegal drugs alone. Instead, Biden will require federal courts to divert these individuals to drug courts so they receive treatment to address their substance use disorder. He’ll incentivize states to put the same requirements in place. And, he’ll expand funding for federal, state, and local drug courts.
  • Stop corporations from profiteering off of incarceration. Biden will end the federal government’s use of private prisons, building off an Obama-Biden Administration’s policy rescinded by the Trump Administration. And, he will make clear that the federal government should not use private facilities for any detention, including detention of undocumented immigrants. Biden will also make eliminating private prisons and all other methods of profiteering off of incarceration – including diversion programs, commercial bail, and electronic monitoring – a requirement for his new state and local prevention grant program. Finally, Biden will support the passage of legislation to crack down on the practice of private companies charging incarcerated individuals and their families outrageously high fees to make calls.
  • Incentivize states to stop incarcerating kids. We can cut the population of incarcerated youth by supporting community-based alternatives to incarceration like mentorship, counseling, and jobs. This doesn’t mean ankle bracelets, it means in-person support for our kids. Toward this end, President Biden will create a new grant program to encourage states to (1) place non-violent youth in community-based alternatives to prison, and (2) repurpose empty prisons for the community’s benefit so they cannot be used in the future for detention. This initiative will begin as a $100 million pilot program in 15-30 states and counties. To receive this grant funding, localities will be required to bring young people and impacted communities to the table as they develop plans for reducing juvenile incarceration.
Social Security:
  • Americans count on Social Security for retirement, disability and survivor benefits. But the program’s funds could face a shortfall sooner than previously expected due to Covid-19.
  • Former vice president Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, has unveiled plans to shore up the program’s solvency while increasing benefits in several areas.
  • The changes would mean more taxes for high earners. But it would also ensure that benefits stay a certain amount above the federal poverty level for those at the bottom.

There really is so much more there in links in both posts too much to post here. When people want to pretend nothing is being don to help, that just means they didn't bother looking.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
But none of that will be tackled by the corporatists. Biden has already sided with Trump about the police; throw ANTIFA (and presumably reporters) in jail and give the police more money, that's his plan for it.

No to the Green New Deal or even provisions in it, so fuck the environment no matter the EPA's funding. This is very much a "work needed to start a decade ago" kind of deal, there really is no difference between a pause or a slide. We're here because pauses, a pause very much isn't good enough since pausing is sliding.

And I don't see Biden straying from Obama's policy on locking kids in cages at the border. He's not even as far left as Obama, who was a right wing corporatist.
Did you actually read his plan for it? I have it linked in the post here. It would help if you actually read his plans before criticizing them. Here this sums some of it up for you nicely:

You not paying attention doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Did you read his infrastructure plan linked above as well? What is trump's plan?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The new $2 trillion climate plan sets a target for achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, which would balance out the emission and removal of greenhouse gases that warm the planet. His plan would make the electricity sector free of carbon pollution by 2035; make all new U.S.-made buses zero-emissions by 2030; set a goal for disadvantaged communities to receive 40% of benefits from "clean energy" and infrastructure spending; and create a net-zero emissions standard for all new commercial buildings by 2030.

Biden is aiming to move toward a less carbon-intensive economy by creating millions of jobs to help reshape the country’s energy, transportation and infrastructure sectors, with workers being able to join unions and collectively bargain.

Trump criticized Biden’s climate policy in a White House Rose Garden speech July 14. "Joe Biden gave a speech in which he said that the core of his economic agenda is a hard-left crusade against American energy," Trump said.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

More money for psychologists to be sent out to deal cases with mental health issues? Yeah, that's money spent well.

What's Trump's plan on Zero-Emission? I actually couldn't find it, but I could find this.

But none of this matters.

Do you think the Republicans and Democrats, put in a situation where they now they are both on the same side will turn to the American audience and go "Ok, you caught us. We're going to drop the act. We're totally together on this!"

Hell no. They are going to make a show of fighting tooth and nail for everything. Everything. Everything that was declared a Left subject or a Right subject will be contended for. And no side can actually show giving up or they will lose the votes their lapdogs have been fired up in a frenzy about for all this time.

Biden will not change the world. Your feelings will not override decades upon decades of political theater. Whether on the same side or not, they will have to dance their dance for the audience who paid to see it. And given that they eroded tolerance, that dance will take time.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
More money for psychologists to be sent out to deal cases with mental health issues? Yeah, that's money spent well.

What's Trump's plan on Zero-Emission? I actually couldn't find it, but I could find this.

Do you think the Republicans and Democrats, put in a situation where they now they are both on the same side will turn to the American audience and go "Ok, you caught us. We're going to drop the act. We're totally together on this!"

Hell no. They are going to make a show of fighting tooth and nail for everything. Everything. Everything that was declared a Left subject or a Right subject will be contended for. And no side can actually show giving up or they will lose the votes their lapdogs have been fired up in a frenzy about for all this time.

Biden will not change the world. Your feelings will not override decades upon decades of political theater. Whether on the same side or not, they will have to dance their dance for the audience who paid to see it. And given that they eroded tolerance, that dance will take time.
They ALL aren't in it on the same side. Blue dog dems and such showed their true colors by supporting Trump, however, progressives have no intention of doing so and we can use that to take the inches we need to get thing done. We Already knew that about Blue dog dems though. Using them to get a majority to set the agenda, then we have to bribe them to get something passed. Those bribes can be well worth it though we save lives doing so.

Hell, even Pelosi, with all her faults, was pushing for UBI and laughed out of the room back in like 2007 over a decade before Yang brought it up. Yang goes and does it and gets cheered and she is left sitting there going WTH? There isn't a republican out there that supports UBI. Where were the people cheering Yang when Pelosi pushed for it? Is it people only listen to what they want to?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
And no side can actually show giving up or they will lose the votes their lapdogs have been fired up in a frenzy about for all this time.
Like what happened after George W. Bush left office for Barack Obama..?

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I'd have to dig up someone else's post, but somebody on the forum already went through Biden's police plan and it's unchanged from the last 30+ years of policy that got us to where we are. The gist of it is there's money that's supposed to be earmarked for possibly useful things, but it's always operated as a slush fund to buy more tanks.

And any candidate that can't even demand a fracking ban doesn't have a climate policy worth listening to. That is like the most basic thing you can do, and Biden won't do it. I can safely blow off the rest of what he says because 100%, the political will for it will "suddenly" dry up.

And that dance is why we're here in the first place, with Trump as our president. The Democrats pushed the Republicans further right and the Rs ran with it. We've had 30 years of Republican (D) whose political theater has so far resulted in... gay marriage. Which isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong, but that's what 30 years of political theater has bought us.

And you're willing to vote in the guy who authored the Crime Bill and think he's going to help with the police issue at all.

Reactions: Seanchaidh