Listing The Conservatives' efforts of suppressing the American ability to Vote.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

and from the literal horse's mouth

As of October 12th

I was thinking about making this thread a long time ago. Truth is, I'm not feeling well and I'm run down. I was thinking about doing it some other time.

And then I read some posts today about what the Democrats did. And you know what? Fair. So let's talk about what the Republicans are doing to steal the basic freaking right we are supposed to have in terms of voting and actual representation. Which to me is more mortifying than anything else. Because while I can't stand the fact that someone would vote for Trump of any reason, I would go crazy if anyone ever tried to steal my fellow American's ability to do just that. I don't have to agree with you, but I will never let you be silenced.

It is my hope that fellow Americans feel the same, even if they don't agree with the votes.

I know there is more, and I'll add to the list when I wake up and feel better. But a starting point is a starting point.

Last edited:

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for the people who say how horrible and corrupt the democrats are to chime in on the other side literally trying to rip the inalienable right to vote from people.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm just waiting for the people who say how horrible and corrupt the democrats are to chime in on the other side literally trying to rip the inalienable right to vote from people.
Bu. bu some democrat cheated during the democrat primaries stuffing ballot boxes so the GOP needs to count all the ballots themselves in the general election because they are so much more trustworthy.. LMAO
( That is what I predict they will say) XD

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Problematic content

I can tell you already your second video is inaccurate and I just started it. It appears to be ignoring Native American reservation issues entirely. Not everyone has street access, or a physical postal address as mail is received at reservation office instead. My mother has never had a photo ID and has voted remotely since she turned 18. If she was required to have an ID, she would not be able to vote. We do have evidence of this, and he is blatantly ignoring this fact. Does he not think Native Americans are minorities or something?

Most voter suppression is all about discouraging people from voting by making it difficult for people trying to vote by not putting enough polling stations in or putting them in difficult to access areas. Long lines and difficult to park or to get to places make people give up and leave. We even had people on the escapist tell us of the absurd things they experienced when they tried to vote in democratic districts in GOP states, in comparison, I am in a wealthy GOP district, and I was able to get in immediately with no lines with two polling locations close to my house and be finished in under 15 minutes without hassle. >> okay so getting further into it, he is actually ignoring Native American voters entirely. WOW this guy thinks we shouldn't exist or something. WHY am I still watching this when I do not exist as a minority according to this chump? We expect to increase voter turn out due to increased education and outreach, HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that we are not increasing as much as we should due to voter suppression. He is drawing false conclusions when the data does not suggest that, instead we can have BOTH increased voter turn out AND increased voter suppression due to multiple factors.

Why exactly did you post this mess? I hope no one takes this guy seriously. He is trying to simplify things that has a multitude of factors affecting it and trying to present it as an either/or when that isn't how this works at all. We have increased education and outreach increasing turnout while simultaneously having voter suppression counteracting it reducing the amount of increase we should be receiving, we should have a HIGHER increase than we do, having an increase at all doesn't mean that number shouldn't be higher and it doesn't counter the fact that voter suppression is a serious issue.. TBH this numskull can F right off. Ignorant garbage video.

The first video:
There is a simple reason why they have more people registered than live in an area. The reason is people constantly move and homeless are not counted as living there even though they do. Most people when they move do not immediately think they should go remove themselves from some state register in their old state. They just move, get settled in and vote in the next election wherever they moved never thinking about the old state again. Removing those people would be fine, but that isn't what they do, and that does not indicate fraud in any way. By increasing and securing mail in voting, they wouldn't have to worry about "harvesters" collecting the ballots at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Reactions: ObsidianJones

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
My mother has never had a photo ID and has voted remotely since she turned 18. If she was required to have an ID, she would not be able to vote.
Would it be particularly difficult to get a photo ID?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Also, speaking of voter suppression, I came across this image on Reddit.

This news article says that Hillary won Harris County, making it "blue", I guess.

Is this voter suppression by the democratic party?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Also, speaking of voter suppression, I came across this image on Reddit.

This news article says that Hillary won Harris County, making it "blue", I guess.

Is this voter suppression by the democratic party?
What? No, that was set by our republican governor. He made it so each county has one ballot drop off location. Why did you think this was democratic?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why did you think this was democratic?
I thought maybe each county would be in charge of setting up ballet drop-off locations, or something. But, as you say, the governor decides this. Thanks for answering my question.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I thought maybe each county would be in charge of setting up ballet drop-off locations, or something. But, as you say, the governor decides this. Thanks for answering my question.
Nope, its set by the governor. Keep in mind TX is the state that really started with the super political gerrymandering. Interestingly enough one of the big reasons republicans did it was to unseat Lloyd Doggett from the House, but he was such a good politician that even when they tried to cut up his districts to try and make it impossible for him to win, he still managed to win. Ugh, we really need more federal oversight of this shit down here.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
This is where you follow up by asking the same question you did when you posted the image. Is this voter suppression by the republican party?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
If you don't want to appear partial and as someone who screams "democrats bad" at the first hint of a story? Yeah.
By "is it", I meant "Is this voter suppression by the republican party?", not "is this where I follow up by asking the same question I did when I posted the image?"

To be crystal clear: Is this voter suppression by the republican party?