The Trump Who Stole Christmas. Trump tanks Stimulus Talks, No COVID-19 Relief= Millions Lose Access to Food, Shelter and Medicine

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
No, it is because the ONLY way we can get help for the unemployed and poor is to shackle it to welfare for the wealthy and have the GOP's wealthy constituents pressure them to do so.
If, in fact, Trump would sign a bill with just the $1200 checks, there is no reason for Democrats not to do whatever is in their power to send him that bill. Because that's not welfare for the wealthy.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
If, in fact, Trump would sign a bill with just the $1200 checks, there is no reason for Democrats not to do whatever is in their power to send him that bill. Because that's not welfare for the wealthy.
Right but the GOP is trying to tie that to the airlines and business owners aid as well, and the airlines and the business owners shouldn't get a dime unless the unemployed and poor do as well. The current negotiations aren't over the check, they are over the airlines and business owners and Pelosi wants Unemployment, and COVID testing and tracing funding for the states to be tied to the airlines and business owners money. Trump wanted to do stand alone bills on those all at once, Pelosi knows if she lets the business owners and airlines funding go through without the unemployment and state's COVID funding to be able to take care of the people, the people will never ever receive the help they need because the GOP is no longer under pressure by the business owners and airlines. Before Pelosi goes back to call votes in the house, she needs her ducks in a row, GOP is expecting on her voting on all those right now, not just the check,.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Right but the GOP is trying to tie that to the airlines and business owners aid as well, and the airlines and the business owners shouldn't get a dime unless the unemployed and poor do as well.
Yes.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Those aren't perfectly overlapping demographics. It's silly to assume that even a disproportionate amount of people with multiple jobs are on unemployment now.
It actually is, because many of those on unemployment did not make a living wage before they lost their work, thus they HAD to work side jobs just to not become homeless in the first place. People can't " just survive" without when they earn too little to do so from one job. Side jobs were hit hard as well here.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Speaking of stimulus, I just got 4 boxes of food, apparently from Trump himself.

I got a bunch of apples, potatoes, cheese, butter, liquefied eggs, several pounds of chicken patties and some kind of red sauce.
I could live off this for months, probably.

I just thought that was neat.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yea, Trump is like all high on 'roids right now so he is all over the place. I have been trying to figure out what is in that $1.8 Trillion. I hope that they have money for the poor and unemployed in there. He is pretty much saying what I did about this not being able to wait. Hopefully Pelosi was able to hold out for " enough" to at least help. Now getting the Senate to pass it is another matter.

Chimpzy is right, Trump escaped the hospital so that he can run around tweeting like this:

I am not really surprised Pelosi is invoking the 25th at this point though. Trump is nuts, but he is even more nuts than usual right now.

Last edited:

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I just hope that once this is all over, that there will finally be restrictions against senile old people running for office.

Reactions: Kwak

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
You might as well just sign the damn bill. You can never win with Republicans. Swallow your pride. You can't have everything, no matter how reasonable it is.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
AND it seems Both democrat's AND republicans are rejecting Trump's proposal, It seems the added money by Trump was pretty much a slush fund for him to withhold or hand out at will.. Pelosi said that it didn't have enough for the Unemployed or COVID relief, and the Republicans said it was too expensive and they didn't want the health insurance provisions for people who lost their health insurance due to COVID-19.

*“This proposal amounted to one step forward, two steps back,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said of the Trump administration’s stimulus offer in a letter to her members Saturday.
“When the President talks about wanting a bigger relief package, his proposal appears to mean that he wants more money at his discretion to grant or withhold, rather than agreeing on language prescribing how we honor our workers, crush the virus and put money in the pockets of workers,” Pelosi said."

*"Senate Republicans expressed opposition to the bill under negotiation in a Saturday morning call with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, sources told NBC News. One source said Republicans took issue with what they described as an effort by Democrats to provide maximum health insurance subsidies to any new Obamacare enrollee as part of an agreement."

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It isn't " now they are struggling with the details" they have been struggling with the same issues this entire time.
I thought we still had like 50 republicans in the Senate refusing to vote for a $1.8 Trillion Trump proposal, shouldn't they be asking the GOP who said they weren't voting for it instead of Kudlow?!. Kudlow saying they will vote for it doesn't mean they have agreed to it.

Trump wants a slush fund to be able to reward Republican states/ cities and punish Democrats states/cities, instead that leftover money should be used for the contact tracing and PPE that was supposed to come that never did. I agree with the all or nothing Pelosi approach because that is the ONLY way the money for the poor will be in there at all. Blue dogs are fine without giving any money for the poor, because blue dogs are just republicans with a (d). Why would anyone care what the blue dogs want? They are all horrible people. SO essentially he is saying that nothing has changed since my post above.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Now Trump wants a stimulus bill he can take credit for. Meanwhile, McConnell would rather be eaten by fire ants than allow anything beneficial to poor people to come to a vote.

I cannot wait to outlive all of these evil fuckers.

Reactions: Tireseas

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Now Trump wants a stimulus bill he can take credit for. Meanwhile, McConnell would rather be eaten by fire ants than allow anything beneficial to poor people to come to a vote.

I cannot wait to outlive all of these evil fuckers.
McConnell will have the most overgrown grave in history with all the fertilizer people are going to dump on it.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
McConnell and Trumps grave will give security guards a headache from the constant vandalizing.
It will give the whacked out militias something to do when they are guarding them 24/7. Might keep them out of other trouble. LOL

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Now Trump wants a stimulus bill he can take credit for.
I have to admit, reading that he's sending out aid packages through government departments (paid for from public funds acquired by Congress) with a massive letter explaining his amazing largesse as if this is charity paid out from his own personal pocket pisses me right off. Aid is fine, partisan political propaganda at state expense is not.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Are other first world countries having this much trouble making stimulus bills? Can someone give me a run down on what other wealthy countries have done for the working class during the pandemic?