Elections Shenanigans

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

"
Judicial Watch announced today that a September 2020 study revealed that 353 U.S. counties had 1.8 million more registered voters than eligible voting-age citizens. In other words, the registration rates of those counties exceeded 100% of eligible voters. The study found eight states showing state-wide registration rates exceeding 100%: Alaska, Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
"

The death are ridin' with Biden!

The Hacker known as 4chan found that the online voting system in Oregon and other states have major security flaws
You can, using a person's name and date of birth, change their party affiliation (thus barring them from voting in primaries), receive personal information of that person, change their vote (by declaring your ballot was invalid, destroyed, lost) and receiving a new ballot without any required identification.
This system was used in several states since 2012.
The site is down in Oregon right now... media blackout. Is this real?
Any boys and girls from the north-west can chime in on this?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Registrations don't mean votes. It's mostly a case of "the state party organ is vaguely incompetent and tries to register somebody multiple times", like when the Montana GOP sent me a voter registration application because they only had my name and a bad birthdate so they couldn't look and see if I was actually registered.

Past that, database cleanup takes time, resources, and introduces errors, so a lot of places just...don't. Because registrations aren't votes, so why bother if you're just going to invite controversy if things go wrong.

Past *that*, it looks like you're really hoping people don't actually read the links you posted, which aren't at all applicable to the arguments you're making

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Fun fact: Oregon has a way for oregonians to quickly check their voter registrations and party affiliations online using the "My Vote" button on the following page.

Changing the party affiliation is also done in this way. It literally takes minutes, and you get a card in the mail confirming your chance in party affiliation. And in case your wondering, the primary ballot you're sent is the one you're currently registered as when the ballot is mailed.

As to your other points, Voter registration rolls take time to update because people move, don't update their registrations, etc. It's not a conspiracy.

If you have evidence people are VOTING in excess of 100%, we welcome your sources.

Last edited:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Registrations don't mean votes. It's mostly a case of "the state party organ is vaguely incompetent and tries to register somebody multiple times", like when the Montana GOP sent me a voter registration application because they only had my name and a bad birthdate so they couldn't look and see if I was actually registered.

Past that, database cleanup takes time, resources, and introduces errors, so a lot of places just...don't. Because registrations aren't votes, so why bother if you're just going to invite controversy if things go wrong.

Past *that*, it looks like you're really hoping people don't actually read the links you posted, which aren't at all applicable to the arguments you're making
There are states here breaking the law either knowingly or not, in the case of Illinois they refused to disclose voter roll data. Database cleanup is also a part of a federal law from 1993. The states can't keep up.
You can vote by mail when you're registered, request it and have an address. You can get the ballot, fill it out, sign it and mail it out. I read that the signature is compared to your DMV signature. The issue in the second part is that reportedly (by a hacker named 4chan) ballots can be reported as spoiled online, thus invalidating someone's vote.
Open question - what happens when you are not registered in the DMV and there is no signature for the people counting the votes to compare to when they get your ballot?
Fun fact: Oregon has a way for oregonians to quickly check their voter registrations and party affiliations online using the "My Vote" button on the following page.

Changing the party affiliation is also done in this way. It literally takes minutes, and you get a card in the mail confirming your chance in party affiliation.

As to your other points, Voter registration rolls take time to update because people move, don't update their registrations, etc. It's not a conspiracy.

If you have evidence people are VOTING in excess of 100%, we welcome your sources.
Put it on a widget on your phone so you can always follow it and see if someone invalidated your vote.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
There are states here breaking the law either knowingly or not, in the case of Illinois they refused to disclose voter roll data. Database cleanup is also a part of a federal law from 1993. The states can't keep up.
You can vote by mail when you're registered, request it and have an address. You can get the ballot, fill it out, sign it and mail it out. I read that the signature is compared to your DMV signature. The issue in the second part is that reportedly (by a hacker named 4chan) ballots can be reported as spoiled online, thus invalidating someone's vote.
Open question - what happens when you are not registered in the DMV and there is no signature for the people counting the votes to compare to when they get your ballot?

Put it on a widget on your phone so you can always follow it and see if someone invalidated your vote.
Try reading the website provided. Reading is important.

What You Will Need
To register to vote online you will need an Oregon driver's license, permit or ID card number issued by the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV).

If you do not have an Oregon driver's license, permit or ID card, you can still use the online voter registration application. The information you enter will display on a voter registration card (PDF document) that you will need to print, sign and deliver to your county elections office to complete your registration.
And you can sign up for the state of oregon to tell you when your ballot has been mailed and received by text and/or email. They'll also tell you if there was a problem verifying the signature.

If you're not going to bother reading the links provided for your education, I'm not going to bother responding because you're not doing the basics to comprehend and thus there's no use talking to you.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

And you can sign up for the state of oregon to tell you when your ballot has been mailed and received by text and/or email. They'll also tell you if there was a problem verifying the signature.

WHY WON'T IT READ

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

If you're not going to bother reading the links provided for your education, I'm not going to bother responding because you're not doing the basics to comprehend and thus there's no use talking to you.
It says right there you don't even need ID...
" If you do not have an Oregon driver's license, permit or ID card, you can still use the online voter registration application. The information you enter will display on a voter registration card (PDF document) that you will need to print, sign and deliver to your county elections office to complete your registration. "

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
" If you do not have an Oregon driver's license, permit or ID card, you can still use the online voter registration application. The information you enter will display on a voter registration card (PDF document) that you will need to print, sign and deliver to your county elections office to complete your registration. "
Okay....And? It's a vote by mail state.

You have to fill out a form which requires the appropriate information to register.

If you have a point to make, make it. If you're trying to educate yourself, educate yourself by reading the supplied information intended for that purpose.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Okay....And? It's a vote by mail state.

You have to fill out a form which requires the appropriate information to register.

If you have a point to make, make it. If you're trying to educate yourself, educate yourself by reading the supplied information intended for that purpose.
look at the OP, not look back at me, now look back at the OP.
"
You can, using a person's name and date of birth, change their party affiliation (thus barring them from voting in primaries), receive personal information of that person, change their vote (by declaring your ballot was invalid, destroyed, lost) and receiving a new ballot without any required identification.
"
BOOM.
No ID required.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
look at the OP, not look back at me, now look back at the OP.
"
"
BOOM.
No ID required.
Do you have proof this a notable problem? Because that would be voter fraud.

If you have proof voter fraud is happening in significant numbers, provide it. None of your above posted links do anything of the kind.

Because Oregon has been doing vote by mail for decades and exclusively for 20 years and it's working out pretty good so far.

Last edited:

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah, you have to go in and confirm you’re the person in question, typically requiring some proof of identity. That’s the whole “deliver to your county elections office” part. Oregon’s had this for years and the primary method of voter fraud is still people mailing in ballots for dead spouses.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Do you have proof this a notable problem? Because that would be voter fraud.

If you have proof voter fraud is happening in significant numbers, provide it. None of your above posted links do anything of the kind.

Because Oregon has been doing vote by mail for decades and exclusively for 20 years and it's working out pretty good so far.
The proof... is provided by the hacker known as 4chan. I can't spoon-feed you think because it's happening right now and is being patched. I showed the link to the Oregon registry and it was down for maintenance - presumably they are scrubbing it atm.
I don't know why you think I have a smoking gun here, I even asked for north-west bois for their opinion on this.
"working out pretty good so far" I had a link with a legislator that said hundreds of people called his office because their party affiliation was changed and they couldn't have voted in the primaries...

c'mon dude I'm a foreigner I don't have a stake here. I supported one side over the other for the memes (2016).
Yeah, you have to go in and confirm you’re the person in question, typically requiring some proof of identity. That’s the whole “deliver to your county elections office” part. Oregon’s had this for years and the primary method of voter fraud is still people mailing in ballots for dead spouses.
Cool, cool. Do you still need to do that during the whole Covid thing?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Cool, cool. Do you still need to do that during the whole Covid thing?
Probably. I dunno. I’m only defending the principle of mail-in voting, no clue if they’ve fucked it during disaster response.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Probably. I dunno. I’m only defending the principle of mail-in voting, no clue if they’ve fucked it during disaster response.
Could you print it out, fill out it and mail it? Then you have no contact with others, and require no ID. If you have no DMV signature they can't even check if it's the same signature.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
The proof... is provided by the hacker known as 4chan. I can't spoon-feed you think because it's happening right now and is being patched. I showed the link to the Oregon registry and it was down for maintenance - presumably they are scrubbing it atm.
I don't know why you think I have a smoking gun here, I even asked for north-west bois for their opinion on this.
"working out pretty good so far" I had a link with a legislator that said hundreds of people called his office because their party affiliation was changed and they couldn't have voted in the primaries...
Provided by a Hacker.....right......

I don't know why you're acting like you have some kind of smoking gun then, You just keep pointing and going "SEEE!!!!!!!!" and expecting people to be impressed or something.

Yeah, I saw that link.

State Rep. Mike Nearman, a Republican, told PolitiFact his office has received hundreds of complaints from voters who say they received the wrong May 19 ballot. He said that after speaking to some GOP voters, it’s clear they had forgotten they had changed their status from GOP to unaffiliated after, for example, getting mad at a particular GOP politician. But he said the number of complaints has led him to seek answers from the DMV on whether there may have been software errors or other explanations. He said he hopes to have answers within a few weeks.
So I'm not sure why you're still pointing at it like it's a big deal.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Could you print it out, fill out it and mail it? Then you have no contact with others, and require no ID. If you have no DMV signature they can't even check if it's the same signature.
I genuinely don’t know but would presume not. In previous elections? Unlikely.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
You have to sign it. You have to provide accurate information that you would need to provide for a drivers license.

Thus information to verify against.

All included in the link provided to the Oregon Elections Website. You know. Education and reading comprehension and all that.

Are we just gonna keep going round and round like this? Because I'm failing to see a point being made here. If so, we're done.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
You have to sign it. You have to provide accurate information that you would need to provide for a drivers license.

Thus information to verify against.

All included in the link provided to the Oregon Elections Website. You know. Education and reading comprehension and all that.
Full name, birth-date, address, signature? If you have no DMV signature, there's nothing to verify. If you get called up you can say that you moved. All you need is a name and a birth-date. Dude stop being rude with the whole reading comprehension and all that, it's grating af
A hacker known as 4chan is a meme as well,

I'm following this on the board, it blew up four days ago

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Full name, birth-date, address, signature? If you have no DMV signature, there's nothing to verify. If you get called up you can say that you moved. All you need is a name and a birth-date. Dude stop being rude with the whole reading comprehension and all that, it's grating af
Then read and comprehend. I'm not your damn nanny.

Reactions: Buyetyen