Listing The Conservatives' efforts of suppressing the American ability to Vote.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Did you read the article? It specifically points to several indicators that the emails are not from the actual Proud Boys.

But that's not really the important part, is it? It's still targeted intimidation.
Is it targeted intimidation is the intent isn't to intimidate? If this is a left-wing actor trying to instigate righteous anger among people and get them to the polls to vote against Trump, do you still call it voter intimidation?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Is it targeted intimidation is the intent isn't to intimidate? If this is a left-wing actor trying to instigate righteous anger among people and get them to the polls to vote against Trump, do you still call it voter intimidation?
No, but you don't have a shred of evidence that's the case, and you're only suggesting this because of an automatic assumption that anything untoward must somehow be the fault of leftists.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
No, but you don't have a shred of evidence that's the case, and you're only suggesting this because of an automatic assumption that anything untoward must somehow be the fault of leftists.
I'm suggesting it because the title of the thread is "conservatives efforts of suppressing the american ability to vote", and there's little reason to think that's what this was if the evidence suggests this was set up by not the proud boys to look like it was the proud boys.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

I'm told that I can't accept Antifa even if they are going to fight with the disenfranchised or the minority. I'm told that anything they do, I must bare the full weight of guilt by association because I did not have to have them as an ally.

It seems to me very, very odd that same logic never seems to apply to Republicans and their scores of bad actors when you talk to said Republicans who bash Antifa.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
People have to be pretty stupid to believe in the Proud Boys rhetoric to begin with so, you never know tbh. Just when i think people cant be THATt stupid, they always seem to prove me wrong.
Never mind believing their rhetoric, joining a group whose initiation involves getting punched by a group of bros while you recite the names of breakfast cereals automatically precludes you from ever being considered an intelligent person.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm suggesting it because the title of the thread is "conservatives efforts of suppressing the american ability to vote", and there's little reason to think that's what this was if the evidence suggests this was set up by not the proud boys to look like it was the proud boys.
So then, we have the possibility that it was some schmuck using the name because the Proud Boys evoke more fear than some schmuck does on his own, and fear is the point of intimidation.

Makes more sense than sending threatening emails to people who already intend to vote Democrat, telling them not to vote Democrat, so that they.... get angry and vote Democrat, which they were going to do anyway without the emails.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Never mind believing their rhetoric, joining a group whose initiation involves getting punched by a group of bros while you recite the names of breakfast cereals automatically precludes you from ever being considered an intelligent person.
Which, apparently, came from a Fart Joke that McInnes had with his buddies when he was younger.

Yosef Ozia, a member of the Southern Proud Boys chapter whoā€™s based in Atlanta, Georgia, told Extra Crispy that this all stemmed from a fart joke. Yep, a fart joke. McInnes introduced this step based on a rule his buddies had in the past: if someone farted, theyā€™d get beat on until they could list five kinds of breakfast cereal. ā€œIt doesnā€™t mean anything,ā€ Ozia said. ā€œ[Initiation] is mostly a joke. A lot of people take it seriously, and they shouldnā€™t really.ā€
So... a group that wants political power is literally using playground rules to decide their new members.

America is making me disbelieve in Democracy.

Reactions: lil devils x

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Which, apparently, came from a Fart Joke that McInnes had with his buddies when he was younger.

So... a group that wants political power is literally using playground rules to decide their new members.

America is making me disbelieve in Democracy.
I mean they only win because of disproportionate voting power anyway so don't blame democracy. Remember America is a democracy until democracy is just tyranny of the majority and then America is a Republic.

Reactions: lil devils x

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Makes more sense than sending threatening emails to people who already intend to vote Democrat, telling them not to vote Democrat, so that they.... get angry and vote Democrat, which they were going to do anyway without the emails.
Preferring to vote Democrat and actually doing so are different things. Democratic activists don't spend much time convincing people to vote for them instead of Republicans. They spend their effort convincing people who already prefer the blue team to actually show up. This is consistent with that.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
As of October 12th

I find this one personally amusing, because in CA going door to door and stating you are there to collect ballots, but it's a special service only offered to those who support the Democrat party is acceptable, but using a drop box to gather ballots instead of going door to door is a problem.

The difference here, to me, is that these are lawfully appointed people who would be collecting the ballots for the special election.
CA's ballot harvesting law allows any person to do so (prior to 2016 any party operative), just apparently not by setting up a drop box to collect them.

And clearly if you spoofed some threatening emails from "[email protected]" telling people to "Vote Biden or else!" that would be a genuine attempt by Antifa to intimidate voters to sway the election. Though to be fair, that's slightly less believable since that's not a valid domain while officialproudboys.com is, albeit not actually pointed at anything AFAICT.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

and from the literal horse's mouth

As of October 12th

I was thinking about making this thread a long time ago. Truth is, I'm not feeling well and I'm run down. I was thinking about doing it some other time.

And then I read some posts today about what the Democrats did. And you know what? Fair. So let's talk about what the Republicans are doing to steal the basic freaking right we are supposed to have in terms of voting and actual representation. Which to me is more mortifying than anything else. Because while I can't stand the fact that someone would vote for Trump of any reason, I would go crazy if anyone ever tried to steal my fellow American's ability to do just that. I don't have to agree with you, but I will never let you be silenced.

It is my hope that fellow Americans feel the same, even if they don't agree with the votes.

I know there is more, and I'll add to the list when I wake up and feel better. But a starting point is a starting point.
Thank you for the info.

My family and I voted early a couple weeks ago. My dad took our ballotsbto the local city hall. Super close in our neighborhood.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And clearly if you spoofed some threatening emails from "[email protected]" telling people to "Vote Biden or else!" that would be a genuine attempt by Antifa to intimidate voters to sway the election. Though to be fair, that's slightly less believable since that's not a valid domain while officialproudboys.com is, albeit not actually pointed at anything AFAICT.
Violence against people wearing MAGA hats doesn't count?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
...wait....wut? Breakfast cereal? Is this actually one of their hazing rituals, or are you just being silly about the kinds of things that these types of groups make their initiates do?

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
...wait....wut? Breakfast cereal? Is this actually one of their hazing rituals, or are you just being silly about the kinds of things that these types of groups make their initiates do?
WOW this appears to be an actual thing here. LMAO!
"Recently, a Daily Dot article illustrated the four-degree initiation process of the Proud Boys:
1. Publicly declaring yourself a Proud Boy.
2. Being beat up by other members until you name five kinds of breakfast cereal. This degree also includes a vow to stop masturbating.
3. Getting a Proud Boy tattoo.
4. Engaging in physical violence with members of antifa, the leftist anti-fascist movement."

Just like I said, just when I think people really can't be that stupid, they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
WOW this appears to be an actual thing here. LMAO!
"Recently, a Daily Dot article illustrated the four-degree initiation process of the Proud Boys:
1. Publicly declaring yourself a Proud Boy.
2. Being beat up by other members until you name five kinds of breakfast cereal. This degree also includes a vow to stop masturbating.
3. Getting a Proud Boy tattoo.
4. Engaging in physical violence with members of antifa, the leftist anti-fascist movement."

Just like I said, just when I think people really can't be that Stupid, they prove me wrong.
.................*heavy sigh*

Reactions: Worgen

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Preferring to vote Democrat and actually doing so are different things. Democratic activists don't spend much time convincing people to vote for them instead of Republicans. They spend their effort convincing people who already prefer the blue team to actually show up. This is consistent with that.
It's also consistent with... straightforward intimidation.

You're adding quite a few extra steps here to arrive at a conclusion we both know you want to believe.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's also consistent with... straightforward intimidation.

You're adding quite a few extra steps here to arrive at a conclusion we both know you want to believe.
So you genuinely believe a Trump supporter spoofed a proud boys email to send these messages out?

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
So you genuinely believe a Trump supporter spoofed a proud boys email to send these messages out?
Feds are claiming Iran was behind the messages and that Both Russia and Iran have been interfering with US election to the surprise of no one.

"Senior national security officials alerted the American public Wednesday that Iran and Russia have both obtained voter data in their efforts to interfere in the 2020 U.S. election

"This data can be used by foreign actors to attempt to communicate false information to registered voters that they hope will cause confusion, so chaos, and undermine your confidence in American democracy," Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said in a surprise news conference Wednesday evening.

Ratcliffe also announce that Iran was separately behind a series of threatening emails that were found to be sent this week to Democratic voters.

Florida law enforcement and the FBI previously had said they were investigating the threatening emails allegedly sent from outside the United States to registered Democrats. The emails claimed to be from by a member of the Proud Boys, according to authorities, something the group denied"

Reactions: tstorm823

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
.................*heavy sigh*
From the first link lil devil x posted:

' McInnes said that this is all to train for "better 'adrenaline control'." "Both physical fighting and arguing require you to maintain your composure and not get petty... Defending the West against the people who want to shut it down is like remembering cereals as you're being bombarded with ten fists," he said. '

Also

' Yosef Ozia, a member of the Southern Proud Boys chapter whoā€™s based in Atlanta, Georgia, told Extra Crispy that this all stemmed from a fart joke. Yep, a fart joke. McInnes introduced this step based on a rule his buddies had in the past: if someone farted, theyā€™d get beat on until they could list five kinds of breakfast cereal. ā€œIt doesnā€™t mean anything,ā€ Ozia said. ā€œ[Initiation] is mostly a joke. A lot of people take it seriously, and they shouldnā€™t really.ā€ '

It's just so embarassing on top of everything else. Can't the US be menaced by a legit, scary cult or something, not a pack of losers that get away with stuff because they aren't going to be challenged by anyone in power?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I believe the likelihood that some asshole wanted to intimidate voters, and used a fake Proud Boys email address to better evoke fear, is higher than the likelihood that a left-winger sent fake intimidating emails to other left-wingers to make them more likely to vote against the way the letters told them to, yes. Because the latter involves loads of extra steps and presumptuous leaps.