Not open for further replies.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
The biggest obstacle we have to making any changes IS the police Union and the power the communities provide them. They are why this is as bad is it is now, so I am having difficulty seeing any way of doing anything without having to work with them in some capacity.
We could start by abolishing this police union. When we make a new force under the completely new rules a new union would must be made with completely different people.

I will admit that I am at an advantage as I was police in France and not the States. Do not be fooled however that these problems do not exist in Europe. They are just smaller scale.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
We could start by abolishing this police union. When we make a new force under the completely new rules a new union would must be made with completely different people.

I will admit that I am at an advantage as I was police in France and not the States. Do not be fooled however that these problems do not exist in Europe. They are just smaller scale.
How do we legally abolish a police union when they have layer upon layer of legal protections to exist? You can't just go around destroying unions, that is how you have all hell break loose faster than anything.

We have to be smart and effective if we want to be able to see real change quickly. We need a solution that satisfies the community who support the police as well if we want this to stick.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Eh... People seem worried that I might be offended, I'm just going to state this here, I don't care, all that happens is that obviously I'll be less inclined to take those people seriously, but it doesn't particularly bother me, pretty much the only things that bother me these days are discussions over what the fuck am I, as my mind is slipping and I no longer feel human, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

Anyways, the reason why I kept saying I was done is because I'm at work and don't feel like writing anything too elaborate and I'm busy for the rest of the day with something that requires my full attention so I'm not going to respond once I start with that, anyways I actually have answers to most of the questions that have been made about what to do instead, how does Capitalism relate to my complaints, why Capitalism is objectively bad and so on, but I won't be addressing any of these things until tomorrow.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Eh... People seem worried that I might be offended, I'm just going to state this here, I don't care, all that happens is that obviously I'll be less inclined to take those people seriously, but it doesn't particularly bother me, pretty much the only things that bother me these days are discussions over what the fuck am I, as my mind is slipping and I no longer feel human, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

Anyways, the reason why I kept saying I was done is because I'm at work and don't feel like writing anything too elaborate and I'm busy for the rest of the day with something that requires my full attention so I'm not going to respond once I start with that, anyways I actually have answers to most of the questions that have been made about what to do instead, how does Capitalism relate to my complaints, why Capitalism is objectively bad and so on, but I won't be addressing any of these things until tomorrow.
I understand how you feel about capitalism as well, I just don't think we have the power to do much about that at least where I am. Hell if anyone even tries to do something about it the US becomes their problem as well as they will try to snuff them out before they can even get their footing. Trying to find the power to actually solve the problem is often the biggest hurdle. Corporatists have the power of the US military, and we have what exactly?

When I see the force that is against us, it feels like a single grain of salt in a gallon of milk and wonder how could we possibly make an impact in the face of that?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yeah I really believe you.
Edit - lol, you searched “narco tanks Dallas” too and that’s how you got that article.
No, that isn't what I googled. LMAO I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean. Are you feeling okay?
I googled "Zeta leader Pleasant grove", since I can't remember how to spell his name. Why would a narc tank Dallas 0,o?

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
And the most dangerous parts? Are they due to cops or cartels? I don't know what this place is, but I have to ask whether it's an urban or rural location, along with its population.
I mean the highest crime rate is probably a major city under state control and even if there is a major cartel presence they probably pay off the cops rather than kick them out so honestly there’s probably a lot of cops in the most dangerous parts of Mexico.
It depends on the region. The problem with most of the police in Mexico is they work for whatever Cartel maintains control over that region. So essentially most of Mexico is policed by the Cartels themselves.
The EZLN, a rather large chunk of southern Mexico. If you paid attention to other people in the thread, you'd already know successful communes around the globe don't have established police forces. This small step "police reform" peddling that centrists like to talk about? They've skipped to the end.
I am quoting all of you because the comparison to Mexico does not work so well.I was in Mexico nearly 10 years ago where the police tried to get a bribe from me and said they suspect I was smuggling drugs. They put me in jail, stripped me complete naked and left me in there without clothes for 6 hours probably to extort money from me.

But in France a black man was raped with a police baton and it was on camera. The police were found not guilty. So it is not just about the economic status of the country that matters.

Reactions: Kae

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I am quoting all of you because the comparison to Mexico does not work so well.I was in Mexico nearly 10 years ago where the police tried to get a bribe from me and said they suspect I was smuggling drugs. They put me in jail, stripped me complete naked and left me in there without clothes for 6 hours probably to extort money from me.

But in France a black man was raped with a police baton and it was on camera. The police were found not guilty. So it is not just about the economic status of the country that matters.
Accurate, that's Revnak and my point. Both of us (I presume for him, he can't really correct me now :V) believe that empowering an organization to not be held to the same standards as everyone else is a recipe for these kinds of abuses, no matter the relative wealth of the nation in question.

Reactions: Crystal Violet

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
How do we legally abolish a police union when they have layer upon layer of legal protections to exist? You can't just go around destroying unions, that is how you have all hell break loose faster than anything.

We have to be smart and effective if we want to be able to see real change quickly. We need a solution that satisfies the community who support the police as well if we want this to stick.
I have already stated that this is an ideology and we need a practical solution. It is not a quick fix. We are arguing that we must abolish the police and make it anew, not how, because that would be a new forum of itself. I am arguing however that your way of keeping the police as is but making reforms would not work because we would still have the same people in place. I was police most of my adult life (still short as I am still late twenties) and I can say most of the bad majority will never change.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Accurate, that's Revnak and my point. Both of us (I presume for him, he can't really correct me now :V) believe that empowering an organization to not be held to the same standards as everyone else is a recipe for these kinds of abuses, no matter that relative wealth of the nation in question.
Exactly. I was humiliated and extorted in Mexico because the police had no state oversight. The black man in Paris was raped and abused because the veneer of oversight would not hold them accountable.

(A side note: the Mexican police only let me go when they confirmed I was police as well. Imagine if I was not. I can't imagine what would happened.)

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

YIKES. I only visited France briefly, but luckily had no problems with Police there when I did. I have been warned about a lot of police from different nations, no one ever said to expect any problems from the French police as well when I went.
It isn't about economic status, it is all about corruption and what those in power in that nation allow the police to do. The poice only get away with what the power they are enabled to do.

In Mexico, the cartels give them that power. In France is this as widespread or is it more localized?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I have already stated that this is an ideology and we need a practical solution. It is not a quick fix. We are arguing that we must abolish the police and make it anew, not how, because that would be a new forum of itself. I am arguing however that your way of keeping the police as is but making reforms would not work because we would still have the same people in place. I was police most of my adult life (still short as I am still late twenties) and I can say most of the bad majority will never change.
We wouldn't have the same people in place though when they reform. They replace police chiefs and officers all the time, they reassign them or remove them all together. We have the means to deal with individuals but when we go after the " whole" we have another problem entirely. Trying to go after the Union though you are going to be up against the Union, active duty AND retired officers, The community ( the majority of the actual population in the US) and they have all the power. We CAN change the union however, by taking out individuals one at a time using the system we have inn place to do so while simultaneously adding police reform with bribes for raises and for their departments via federal funding to make the changes..

Taking out the individuals you meet much less resistance than going after the whole group. Think " death by a thousand papercuts".

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Exactly. I was humiliated and extorted in Mexico because the police had no state oversight. The black man in Paris was raped and abused because the veneer of oversight would not hold them accountable.

(A side note: the Mexican police only let me go when they confirmed I was police as well. Imagine if I was not. I can't imagine what would happened.)
Accurate. Mexico's police are fairly openly corrupt, and you are correct that the institution needs to be remade from the ground up. Like I said in the other post, I like the idea I've seen around Rojava. Right now of course they have a straight up police force but admittedly, they're in the middle of ISIL land and surrounded by enemies so it makes sense. But I hope their plan works out.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Uh, well I also posted sources about those things and haven’t tried to weave absurd narratives that contradict the majority of existing evidence to craft a narrative wherein all human evils I am opposed to have been expressed against me personally and I have engaged in every human good I believe in. Also, do they make sure to keep the hospital you work at below 70 degrees for you? That seems like it might be a bit chilly for some of the patients.
You know, I don't believe her name really is Lil Devils

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Was that surprise for me in Mexico or the black guy in France? They' are always surprised by the France part!

I only visited France briefly, but luckily had no problems with Police there when I did.
Are you white? I look as white as any European with my blue eyes and red-blonde hair but I sometimes lose my white card as soon as they see my obnoxiously Jewish name and see I was born in Israel. In France you only have to worry if you are black or Arab. It might be different if you are African American because maybe they incorrectly think that if you are a black American tourist in Paris you probably have more influence.

It isn't about economic status, it is all about corruption and what those in power in that nation allow the police to do. The poice only get away with what the power they are enabled to do.
Yes but almost every police force in the world is enabled by definition to do bad things. As soon as you put on the uniform you are legally committed to for example put a struggling single mother in handcuffs because you caught her with a small amount of weed. You may choose not to do it but you are going against your commitments. I am glad I am no longer a cop for reasons like this.

But if you look at that map posted before there is the "perceptions of police corruption by country" and among the "least corrupt" countries are Germany, France, Denmark and United Kingdom - all of these countries have extreme problems with police brutality, neo-nazi/fascist sympathies (or actual membership, Germany) and authoritarianism but they are always cleared as being innocent.

In Mexico, the cartels give them that power. In France is this as widespread or is it more localized?
It is definitely not as bad as Mexico but it is happening in all of the poor areas with large social housing. We had Nicolas Sarkozy as president just before I became a cop in Paris and he said he wanted to wash the scum out of these areas with a hose. The police here do treat white people badly sometimes but it is hundreds times worse for black and Arab people.

There is antisemitism as well but it's not as bad as anti-black and anti-Arab racism. When I passed the test the first time for the tactical unit the current members must choose in unity before a new person would join and I was rejected. It is a long story but the people in head told me it is almost not possible for a woman or a Jew to get into this unit because the members were too "traditional" and a woman Jew was too much for them. I confronted some members and asked in face was it they who voted against me and one made a sexist and antisemitic remark. I broke his nose and had to go to a discipline meeting. I explained what happened and they said they would leave it if I apologised and they offered me a place in a different tactical unit like it was a favour. Even though I passed all the exams and was only rejected because bigotry they still downplayed the achievement by presenting it like they were giving me a place in the unit as a gift instead of something I earned. I am glad in the end however because I would not want to be in a unit with this asshole. The tactical unit I went to instead was a bit better. (A bit)

Sorry I am tired and talking too much lol

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
We wouldn't have the same people in place though when they reform. They replace police chiefs and officers all the time, they reassign them or remove them all together. We have the means to deal with individuals but when we go after the " whole" we have another problem entirely. Trying to go after the Union though you are going to be up against the Union, active duty AND retired officers, The community ( the majority of the actual population in the US) and they have all the power. We CAN change the union however, by taking out individuals one at a time using the system we have inn place to do so while simultaneously adding police reform with bribes for raises and for their departments via federal funding to make the changes..

Taking out the individuals you meet much less resistance than going after the whole group. Think " death by a thousand papercuts".
OK I do see your point. If it would work this way I would support it. It would need to be a very extreme overhaul for me to support it.

do you not realize how families work? I have like 5 uncles, 4 on my dads side and 1 from my moms.
It is like they have never met a Catholic before.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Was that surprise for me in Mexico or the black guy in France? They' are always surprised by the France part!

Are you white? I look as white as any European with my blue eyes and red-blonde hair but I sometimes lose my white card as soon as they see my obnoxiously Jewish name and see I was born in Israel. In France you only have to worry if you are black or Arab. It might be different if you are African American because maybe they incorrectly think that if you are a black American tourist in Paris you probably have more influence.

Yes but almost every police force in the world is enabled by definition to do bad things. As soon as you put on the uniform you are legally committed to for example put a struggling single mother in handcuffs because you caught her with a small amount of weed. You may choose not to do it but you are going against your commitments. I am glad I am no longer a cop for reasons like this.

But if you look at that map posted before there is the "perceptions of police corruption by country" and among the "least corrupt" countries are Germany, France, Denmark and United Kingdom - all of these countries have extreme problems with police brutality, neo-nazi/fascist sympathies (or actual membership, Germany) and authoritarianism but they are always cleared as being innocent.

It is definitely not as bad as Mexico but it is happening in all of the poor areas with large social housing. We had Nicolas Sarkozy as president just before I became a cop in Paris and he said he wanted to wash the scum out of these areas with a hose. The police here do treat white people badly sometimes but it is hundreds times worse for black and Arab people.

There is antisemitism as well but it's not as bad as anti-black and anti-Arab racism. When I passed the test the first time for the tactical unit the current members must choose in unity before a new person would join and I was rejected. It is a long story but the people in head told me it is almost not possible for a woman or a Jew to get into this unit because the members were too "traditional" and a woman Jew was too much for them. I confronted some members and asked in face was it they who voted against me and one made a sexist and antisemitic remark. I broke his nose and had to go to a discipline meeting. I explained what happened and they said they would leave it if I apologised and they offered me a place in a different tactical unit like it was a favour. Even though I passed all the exams and was only rejected because bigotry they still downplayed the achievement by presenting it like they were giving me a place in the unit as a gift instead of something I earned. I am glad in the end however because I would not want to be in a unit with this asshole. The tactical unit I went to instead was a bit better. (A bit)

Sorry I am tired and talking too much lol
That was a yikes for France, I already know a yikes isn't enough to account for what is happening in Mexico. I am surprised about France, because they don't warn you about France when you visit. They warn you about Mexico. No, I am not white, I am Native American but I am not dark skinned and I do not have black hair. I am short and petite (49.89 kg) and I have long straight, light brown hair down past my hips and my eyes are multiple shades of brown. People usually ask me if I am Korean, Japanese, eastern European or Latina and never guess my ethnicity accurately. People take me for Asian mix of sorts usually because they are not used to seeing Native Americans. In france, the most I dealt with was men hitting on me everywhere, but is like that in a lot of places, it was not just unique to France. in France, they are more annoyed with American accents than anything else and have little patience for those struggling with speaking fluent French. I am sure I was butchering their language so they aren't wrong there.

I agree we have the issues of "believing police" over others, when, yes, the way it is currently set up it attracts the worst sorts of people. Everyone I knew who I grew up with that became cops should have never been allowed to become cops. They were the criminals. The guy who was stealing lawnmowers from people's garages and drinking their beer is the K-9 unit, the brothers who were cutting each other at a party with razor blades and flinging their blood on each other, both street cops. The system as it is attracts the worst sorts rather than the people who genuinely want to make the world a better place. We have to change that in order to change the outcome. I also think part of the problem is where would we put these guys if they don't have them become police? If they aren't a part of the solution, they are often part of the problem, so we have to also have options to help steer these guys to something more suitable.

Ugh your experience with the police there sound so familiar to experiences I hear in the US for women in both the police and the military. Sexist bigoted bastards. It makes me wonder with so many of them having so much power, how do we find solutions that will actually work when they control everything?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.