Philippines to get hit with strongest typhoon ever to hit land that we know of.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Over 190 mph, and it's on track to hit the country direct, and second place was only 7 years ago and also the Philippines.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
But Trump told me climate change was a Chinese hoax... :(

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
1604214894624.png

"Typhoon Goni was downgraded from a super typhoon to typhoon status as it weakened slightly on Sunday afternoon.

It had wind gusts of up to 310 kilometres per hour when it first struck, weakening slightly to wind gusts of 290kph in the afternoon."

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I hope Bob_McMillan, is okay over there.
View attachment 1366

"Typhoon Goni was downgraded from a super typhoon to typhoon status as it weakened slightly on Sunday afternoon.

It had wind gusts of up to 310 kilometres per hour when it first struck, weakening slightly to wind gusts of 290kph in the afternoon."

Even with the downgrade, it still looks scary as hell.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Makes me glad I don't live on a coast.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I am! Other people, not so much. Its stopped raining where I am but the wind is intense.
I am glad you are safe, I hope you stay that way. I am MOST terrified of Tornados, but Hurricanes/ Cyclones are a close second. The only thing that scares me more about tornados is they just form on top of you without notice sometimes and usually we have some notice to hurricanes. What I hate about Hurricanes though is where exactly is safe to take shelter?! The basement floods and the roof could come off... or even worse the entire house gets washed away and you would need those Japanese survival pods and Hope that someone finds you and rescues you? So even though you may have notice it is coming, what do they expect you to do about it?! D:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am glad you are safe, I hope you stay that way. I am MOST terrified of Tornados, but Hurricanes/ Cyclones are a close second. The only thing that scares me more about tornados is they just form on top of you without notice sometimes and usually we have some notice to hurricanes. What I hate about Hurricanes though is where exactly is safe to take shelter?! The basement floods and the roof could come off... or even worse the entire house gets washed away and you would need those Japanese survival pods and Hope that someone finds you and rescues you? So even though you may have notice it is coming, what do they expect you to do about it?! D:
Thanks for your concern! I'm privileged to live in a very well built house, in a very safe area typhoon-wise. I've never experienced flooding in my lifetime. That is though a genuine concern for many of the people I know. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, the storm will have moved on from our area. My worry now is that between our incompetent government and Covid, those who need help won't be able to receive it.

Reactions: Trunkage

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
or even worse the entire house gets washed away and you would need those Japanese survival pods and Hope that someone finds you and rescues you? So even though you may have notice it is coming, what do they expect you to do about it?! D:
That survival pod looks like a death trap.

It is supposed to float? If so, it should have padding and/or a "seatbelt" so you don't get banged around when it moves. If it doesn't float, you'll asphyxiate if it goes underwater.

Reactions: MrCalavera

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I have to check in with my God Son's family. Thanks for the heads up.

Bob, please be safe out there.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I know Dallas is technically in tornado alley, do you get many up there?