What is this comic book?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Ok so, not much information to go on, but I recall a comic book from...I guess in the mid to late 90s, and it was kind of an independent, weird title. I think it was probably published by one of the more indy labels back then, not DC or Marvel, but I could be wrong. But, the main character, was this guy, who had basically the power of insanity. And he would do very weird things to try and solve the problems that he was dealing with. Like, blowing his own brains out while wearing his cloak of many colors, because this was just the weird shit he did to fix the weird things going on.

Like I remember the scene where he blows his own brains out, and the female support character to him, is just so used to him doing truly insane, mind bending shit, that she doesn't even really blink. I think she just sort of pokes her head into his room, sees the body, and is like "Oh, ok I guess I'll come back later when you're not busy."

It was really strange, and the only detail I remember, is he had a cloak/coat of many colors.

Anyone know what comic this was? Because all my google searches are coming up with shit about Dolly Parton (who apparently had a many colored coat) and biblical passages about king david or whatever. So no luck there.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Ok so, not much information to go on, but I recall a comic book from...I guess in the mid to late 90s, and it was kind of an independent, weird title. I think it was probably published by one of the more indy labels back then, not DC or Marvel, but I could be wrong. But, the main character, was this guy, who had basically the power of insanity. And he would do very weird things to try and solve the problems that he was dealing with. Like, blowing his own brains out while wearing his cloak of many colors, because this was just the weird shit he did to fix the weird things going on.

Like I remember the scene where he blows his own brains out, and the female support character to him, is just so used to him doing truly insane, mind bending shit, that she doesn't even really blink. I think she just sort of pokes her head into his room, sees the body, and is like "Oh, ok I guess I'll come back later when you're not busy."

It was really strange, and the only detail I remember, is he had a cloak/coat of many colors.

Anyone know what comic this was? Because all my google searches are coming up with shit about Dolly Parton (who apparently had a many colored coat) and biblical passages about king david or whatever. So no luck there.
Could that have been Shade, the Changing Man?

Reactions: happyninja42