Game Suggestion

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
I am not seeing a main thread for this so here goes
me and a friend looking for the next game to play.
here are the few criteria
- No Early access, sadly even thought there a lot out there that seem very great, we would prefer a fully launched game
- Coop
- PC games
- No realistic theme, either it the medieval game or the WW2 kind or the recent day.
- No zombie if possible, that not a pure NO, but we would prefer something that a bit more original than fighting zombie.
- More than 10 or so hours of game, we don't mind the coop that can be finished quick just we want to have now something more substantial. (like we just finished Biped in about 8 hours or so)

Here now the type of game we could want:
- ARPG, a la diablo. Sadly Wolcen is now not an option, was not working properly on my computer.
- FPS RPG, a la Borderlands.
- Crafting / Survival. ARK, Conan and plenty of others, we are not sure which one to go with. Personally I would like something along Subnautica which as a good bit of both craft/survival.

Thank

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
EDF 5
- Not in early access
- PC
- Co-op
- Not realistic (giant alien bugs invade earth! Kill literally hundreds per mission!)
- Not zombies
- 40 hour game (on your first playthrough)

However:
- Third person shooter
- Has RPG elements (you increase health and gain weapons and gear for the class you play, but you don't "level up" in a strict sense)
- No crafting/survival

But I recommend you give it a try.

Also, the Divinity: Original Sin 1/2 games are good, 100-hour RPGs (not ARPG) that are co-op and available for PC, so check those our if you haven't yet.

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
EDF seem great, 60$ though, same for divinity (i have it but not my friend) its 70$
I guess I could add a small restriction, not higher than 40$ if possible :)
but thank for the suggestion!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
100% Orange Juice is a fun game that has those criteria.

It's a board game like Mario Party but without the mini-games. It has both a 1v1v1v1 mode which is the standard mode and a Co-Op mode where 4 people take on a boss character. All characters have variable HP, Attack, Defense, and Evade that effect your rolls (+1 will add 1 more attack to your Attack roll while -1 would reduce it) and most characters have some kind of gimmick to how they work as a passive and a unique Hyper Card with its own special effect. The game is all about risk assessment and just not really taking it seriously.
I think the fact that there's so much RNG in the game makes it more relaxing than Mario Party since you can't do amazing at a bunch of skill based mini-games and then still get screwed over by RNG. Have fun and be chill. Perhaps not what you're looking for but it can't hurt to suggest it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Streets of Rage 4 is a cartoony beat 'em up that's I believe fits all your requests.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Streets of Rage 4 is a cartoony beat 'em up that's I believe fits all your requests.
Oh fiddlesticks, you beat me to it.

There is The Takeover, which is only on steam for now, but will be on PS4 and switch eventually. There is also the Capcom Beat'em up Bundle.

Xeno Crisis.
Blazing Chrome

If you're into run n gun.

All the of the SeriousSam games.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Payday 2 is a great coop game. You can play it in the open forum with 2 other random people if you want. Or just you and your friend. It lets you do loud heists with guns blazing and waves of cops rushing you to fun techno music. Or you can play sneaky and stealthy (on most missions, some are loud only), and pull off the perfect heist without anyone knowing what you did.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
None of these fits my asking? Have you read the bottom part?
I asked A or FPS RPG or survival/crafting. thank for your suggestion anyway :)
You got try something different sometimes. Plus, all of these have co-op action you've been looking for. In my list anyway. You are welcome, and have a good night.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Have you perhaps considered Terraria? To make a long story short, it's kinda like a 2-D Minecraft. I've personally logged about 300 hours in it, most of it with friends.

A possible mark against it, per your criteria, is that much like with Minecraft, a good number of the enemies (especially at night) are zombies, but it is not a zombie survival game (like 7 Days to Die) so much as it is an exploration/crafting game that has zombies as recurring enemies. Other foes include slimes, harpies, dragons, giant bees, goblins, demons, spiders, sharks, nymphs, enchanted weaponry, mimics...pretty robust fantasy roster, is what I'm getting at.

At $10 it's relatively economical, and with considering that it's due to release its final expansion-style patch on the 20th, it's certainly an interesting time to give it [another] look.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
None of these fits my asking? Have you read the bottom part?
I asked A or FPS RPG or survival/crafting. thank for your suggestion anyway :)
What is an RPG for you? If it's just gaining XP and leveling up skills, then Payday 2 would fit. It's an FPS, and it has a leveling/skill mechanic that makes you more effective as you go. *shrugs* But whatever