If the lock down is about to end for now what are the first things you want to do

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
We are starting to hear of some states and even nations loosening or even ending their lock downs at least for a time.

If this ends, I of course want to visit family and friends I have not spent real face to face time in something like 8 weeks. But on a selfish side, I just want to go to one of my favorite restaurants and have a gin martini. They also serve the best charcuterie around and a gourmet cupcake of the month. Across the way from the restaurant is the most luxurious movie theater I have ever been to that was brand new when the lock down started. I hope they are still a thing when this ends.

Then I'm going to Gamestop on the same block and renew my membership. I've been receiving a hard copy of their magazine for over a decade. If they have them, I'll see if they have some good deals on Wii U games.

What are you hankering to do once this thing ... well... at least suspends.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
If I am really honest, i still don't miss a thing.

I can work from home now, which is nice but i still have as much to do as before. All my tabletop RPG groups moved to Discord. I am happy as is.

Reactions: gorfias

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The first thing I'm going to do is wait for at least 2 weeks and see what happens. Just because it's officially ok to do stuff again doesn't mean it's wise.

(2 weeks because it takes about 2 weeks for symptoms to show up, if people are doing something wrong now, you find out in 2 weeks)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm going to continue to stay away from people, because they are germ factories and I am not interested in shuffling off this mortal coil by coughing up my lungs in a hospital bed.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The first thing I'm going to do is wait for at least 2 weeks and see what happens. Just because it's officially ok to do stuff again doesn't mean it's wise.

(2 weeks because it takes about 2 weeks for symptoms to show up, if people are doing something wrong now, you find out in 2 weeks)
That is an interesting position to take. I'm listening to this one commentator that said essentially what you are stating. Say the lock down ends. Do you want to run off to your local American Football Stadium that holds 108K people right away?
How long until such a venue can ever again be filled at the pre-lock down market price?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Go to the gym. I know I've put on at least 10-15 lbs due to 1.) not being able to go to the gym(even at work, which has one on site) and 2.) my 3 year old being stuck at home since this started(and 3 year olds and workout programs don't combine very well, aside from chasing them around the house trying to get them to put pants on).

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Continue to stay at home instead of listening to ignorant officials who are ignoring what even our public health officials have stated that it is far too soon. If governments provide proper PPE to the general public then they will be able to open more sooner, otherwise, they are responsible for causing more people to die from this.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I'll be staying more or less in lockdown. We've been told to rely on common sense in the UK, but apparently someone started hoarding it all when lockdown came in.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Nothing.

I might get some take out four weeks after the lockdown lifts.

But literally look around any place that this has been lifted and you see the second wave. The lockdown lift is symbolic, and the only thing it signifies is our society's willing ignorance to the truth as long as they are comfortable with it. Lives be damned.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I want to go out hiking and trail running in the countryside.

In a way I sort of already can, because it nebulously falls under permissions for "exercise", although on the other hand we're not supposed to travel far from our homes, and I live in a city where I need substantial travel to get to proper countryside, so I sort of feel bad about it. Jogging also makes us huffing and puffing long-distance splatterers of body fluids, so we need even more distancing that normal and I feel bad for other people jogging in their vicinity at the moment.

Also, thankfully as I live in the UK, no-one's going to stop me whilst I'm out jogging and blast me a few times with a shotgun.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I'm in a rural place. My work supports some essential industries, so I've worked the whole way through. I've still got like months of video game backlog. Basically all I'm missing out on is visiting my parents and sitting down in the good pizza place with the wildest specialty slices.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Me and a few a people already have plans that really can't be discussed here...

Washington is doing a phased reopening. Me and my husband are hoping that by our anniversary we can go to a proper sit-down restaurant...

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Hopefully the places I've applied for a job will start up their hiring procedures again (pretty much every firm I've talked to has had a hiring freeze cuz of the economy), and I can get a career started.

I'll also get a haircut.

But if no job comes, inside I stay. That Covid is some bad stuff. A couple folks I know who got it didn't get put into the hospital, but they felt like death for a couple of weeks. No thank you.

When at some point this entire thing is done, then I'll get a gym membership (I haven't gained weight while in lockdown cuz I've watched what I've been eating, but I still have 80 lbs of fat that need burning) and start going places with friends again.