Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I heard Debbie tried to do Dallas once but it was mostly a punch of sweaty hairy guys from the 70s, and the whole city smells like used cheeseburgers.
"Debbie" disappeared and was never verifiably heard from again.

We can only hope she voluntarily disappeared herself to a quiet life, in which case hopefully her decision will remain respected.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
"Debbie" disappeared and was never verifiably heard from again.

We can only hope she voluntarily disappeared herself to a quiet life, in which case hopefully her decision will remain respected.
See now I'm suspicious that Debbie is a secret Biden agent who in 1979 went to Dallas with thousands of Biden votes for president and planted them in mailboxes post-marked for 2020 so they would be counted 40 years later. And I think she need to go on Fox and Friends and prove she didn't do this.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
"Small government conservatism" isn't traditional the way you're imagining it.
No, it entirely is. Laissez-faire capitalism has been in practice in the United States since the early 19th Century, and the government spending, government programs, and infrastructural works usually cited as counter-examples to this throughout the 19th and early 20th Centuries fall consistently into at least one of two groups: development for business and the wealthy, and protection of business and the wealthy. Not even Reaganomics was new under the sun during the dubious leadership of its nomenclature; it was the predominant economic theory of the Gilded Age, except then it was known as "horse and sparrow theory" which was a practical statement the poor can eat shit.

One needn't look further than the presidencies of Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, and Herbert Hoover -- not to mention the outcome of their disastrous administrations, the Great Depression -- as proof positive for this. Fun side activity, compare the relationship of the Panic of 1893 to the Great Depression, and the relationship of the S&L Crisis to the Great Recession, and take a little gander for yourself as to exactly whose economic policies and which responses (or more appropriately, lack thereof) precipitated all four.

(Hint, it's because the same group of assholes bought the same group of idiots into elected office, who push the same dogshit economic policies on behalf of their paymasters, that caused the same wildly unstable boom-bust cycle for which the country's poor were made to pay the price.)

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
No, it entirely is. Laissez-faire capitalism has been in practice in the United States since the early 19th Century, and the government spending, government programs, and infrastructural works usually cited as counter-examples to this throughout the 19th and early 20th Centuries fall consistently into at least one of two groups: development for business and the wealthy, and protection of business and the wealthy. Not even Reaganomics was new under the sun during the dubious leadership of its nomenclature; it was the predominant economic theory of the Gilded Age, except then it was known as "horse and sparrow theory" which was a practical statement the poor can eat shit.

One needn't look further than the presidencies of Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, and Herbert Hoover -- not to mention the outcome of their disastrous administrations, the Great Depression -- as proof positive for this. Fun side activity, compare the relationship of the Panic of 1893 to the Great Depression, and the relationship of the S&L Crisis to the Great Recession, and take a little gander for yourself as to exactly whose economic policies and which responses (or more appropriately, lack thereof) precipitated all four.

(Hint, it's because the same group of assholes bought the same group of idiots into elected office, who push the same dogshit economic policies on behalf of their paymasters, that caused the same wildly unstable boom-bust cycle for which the country's poor were made to pay the price.)
Oh, you survived the election after all.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Is this how things are supposed to be?

Shouldn't the "observers" be able to actually observe things?

I haven't heard any sort of defense against this sort of thing yet.

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yes.

See all those people seemingly just milling about the vote counters? Those are the official observers. You can even see the massive "public observer" sign on the tape that cuts off the person recording, which is the line beyond which the public, not appointed observers, can not pass.
Okay cool. It's the difference between "public observers" and "official observers".

In the next tweet, he says: "We are limited to one credentialed monitor for each ten counting tables. Congressman Doug
and I asked for a one to one ratio yesterday but our request was refused."

Which seems bad.

IIRC, most of the fraud claims (outside of the dominion machines) are based on "observers" not having proper access to do their jobs.

For example, a court order was obtained to allow "observers" to be within six feet. Does this mean "public observers" or "official observers"?

I would think that means "official observers", since their affiliation is known. So they were kept more than 6 feet away, initially, which seems bad, right?

Last edited:

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Oh, you survived the election after all.
Why wouldn't I? It played out more or less just the way I thought it would -- turnout battle, Biden only managed to eke out victories in swing states, all this Lincoln Project bullshit and pandering to mythical "never Trump Republicans" didn't actually do shit as Trump's vote share among self-identified Republicans increased, and Democrats got blown out down-ballot in a goddamn redistricting year. Biden's not even in office and already reneging on campaign promises while throwing the Democratic base under the bus, and shitlibs are already doing mental gymnastics to rationalize policy positions that aren't changing under Biden which they just spent four years whinging incessantly about.

The only thing I didn't expect, was that Libertarian protest votes would be a spoiler for Trump in swing states. [Edit: and that Trump's vote share among non-white voters increased. Didn't expect that either and I probably should have, in retrospect.]

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I hadn't seen you around here for a while. I thought it was possible that you'd taken off to the Fully Automated Gay Space Communist base on the moon that Mitch McConnell secretly wishes he had an invite for.
Not for wont of derailing the thread, but new job and other shit on my mind.

Reactions: SupahEwok

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I would think that means "official observers", since their affiliation is known. So they were kept more than 6 feet away, initially, which seems bad, right?
You realize that 6 feet social distancing is for the pandemic, don't you?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You realize that 6 feet social distancing is for the pandemic, don't you?
Then why were they kept MORE than six feet away, and the court order allowed them to be six feet closer?

And also, that's irrelevant. You can't just use a pandemic as an excuse to deny "official observers" their ability to observe. "Sorry, you can't check for fraud this year, there's a health risk!"

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
And also, that's irrelevant. You can't just use a pandemic as an excuse to deny "official observers" their ability to observe. "Sorry, you can't check for fraud this year, there's a health risk!"
Give them binoculars to overcome the horrific conditions of having to stay 6 feet away from a table with papers on it. Be the Party of Personal Responsibility.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I'll just wait for Gethsemani or someone else to come back and answer my questions, as you're obviously not taking this seriously.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Then why were they kept MORE than six feet away, and the court order allowed them to be six feet closer?

Where's the proof they were kept more than six feet away in the first place? What's the original complaint?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
It's in the article I posted. They wouldn't need a court to order them that they needed to be within 6 feet if they weren't being kept farther away in the first place.

Here is the original complaint: https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/trump-philly.pdf
Which they had to retract because they are shameless fucking liars.

President Trump’s campaign on Sunday scrapped a major part of its federal lawsuit challenging the election results in Pennsylvania.
Trump’s attorneys filed a revised version of the lawsuit, removing allegations that election officials violated the Trump campaign’s constitutional rights by limiting the ability of their observers to watch votes being counted.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Which they had to retract because they are shameless fucking liars.

President Trump’s campaign on Sunday scrapped a major part of its federal lawsuit challenging the election results in Pennsylvania.
Trump’s attorneys filed a revised version of the lawsuit, removing allegations that election officials violated the Trump campaign’s constitutional rights by limiting the ability of their observers to watch votes being counted.
Ahh yes, I heard about that:

But it's not like I'm going to read all this stuff to figure it out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.