Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster Announced

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Well...this is officially a thing. Being developed by Vicarious Visions (the devs behind the recent Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Collection), the remaster will include updated graphics (because duh), all of the original levels, characters, and tricks, an expanded create-a-park mode (including online sharing), along with both online and local multiplayer. Sadly, not all of the soundtrack will make the transition, because of licensing issues. However, they have gone on record as saying the "vast majority" of the soundtrack will remain intact.

As a fan of the original THPS series, and having been quite pleased by the N. Sane Collection, I am quite excited about this remaster. I'm hoping that, should it prove successful, we'll get more remasters of the pre-Proving Grounds games.

Source

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I hope this is everything people want from a Tony Hawk game. Especially after TH5, nobody deserved that trash.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
I hope this is everything people want from a Tony Hawk game. Especially after TH5, nobody deserved that trash.
It's being made by Vicarious Visions so if you liked the Crash N-Sane and Spyro Reignited trilogy remasters then you'll probs like this remaster too

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I would be excited, but it's Activision (or as I like to call them Fuckivision). They're going to screw this up somehow like they did with the Spyro trilogy and Crash Team Racing. Vicarious Visions I do have faith in, but because you know who, it screws that up.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
I would be excited, but it's Activision (or as I like to call them Fuckivision). They're going to screw this up somehow like they did with the Spyro trilogy and Crash Team Racing. Vicarious Visions I do have faith in, but because you know who, it screws that up.
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was awesome.

what are you on about?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was awesome.

what are you on about?
The crappy monetization and bad dlc practices they added in after launching the game . I'm not talking about the gameplay. The DLC does affect the gameplay in some way. And I don't want to hear you can ignore DLC. If you like it, fine (I mean the actual gameplay itself, and not the DLC). But I dislike Activision and their scummy practices. That's why I don't have faith, and I know they're going to screw it up somehow.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
The crappy monetization and bad dlc practices they added in after launching the game . I'm not talking about the gameplay. The DLC does affect the gameplay in some way. And I don't want to hear you can ignore DLC. If you like it, fine (I mean the actual gameplay itself, and not the DLC). But I dislike Activision and their scummy practices. That's why I don't have faith, and I know they're going to screw it up somehow.
the microtransactions were optional and it wasn't much of a grind to earn enough wumpa coins to unlock the cool shop items you want. especially on weekends.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
the microtransactions were optional and it wasn't much of a grind to earn enough wumpa coins to unlock the cool shop items you want. especially on weekends.
It's just another way of saying ignore the DLC. Just because it's optional doesn't make it harmless or good. There are kids at play these games. You know how these companies act.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I am happy to see this. What does everyone want out of this though? Frankly all but the 1st hold up pretty well (and that is only due to the lack of manuals.) New graphics... cool. OG levels characters and tricks... great (add manuals to 1 though). Online and multiplayer........... NO. Unneeded, stop it. Create a park and sharing of such is fine... no need for online multiplayer (and nobody includes local multiplayer anymore anyway.) We don't need leaderboards (the top are always cheaters anyway) we don't need lobbies and excess matchmaking wait times and lag...

I'm not completely against online multiplayer... just not for THPS. Remake Pandemic's Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction and add multiplayer to that... but don't shoehorn online multiplayer into TPHS 1 and 2.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
It's just another way of saying ignore the DLC. Just because it's optional doesn't make it harmless or good. There are kids at play these games. You know how these companies act.
if they made it an incredibly long slog to unlock anything then i'd have a problem with the way Actvision did in CTR

but they didn't. you had to play about half an hour to an hour per day for about half a month total to end up in the top 25000 players and unlock the exclusive Champion car skin each month as well as all those other Nitro points rewards.

otherwise for the most part i completely ignored the daily and weekly challenges for the most part and mainly played the game over the weekends when it was 5 x the Wumpa coins. you could easily earn around 5000 + wumpa coins per day on during the weekend exta coins days just by playing for an hour on Friday Nights, on Saturdays and an hour on Sundays.

and the stuff you unlock isn't even pay to win type stuff. it's literally just different characters, character skins, car types and car skins. you gain no advantage in online game whatsoever by unlocking all that stuff.

you could could completely ignore most Nitro Points and challenges and still unlock alot of that shit pretty damn quickly.

i was annoyed by having to locate the Golden Eggs in the story mode to unlock the character King Chicken than i was by earning Wumpa coins tbh.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
if they made it an incredibly long slog to unlock anything then i'd have a problem with the way Actvision did in CTR

but they didn't. you had to play about half an hour to an per day for about half a month total to end up in the top 25000 players and unlock the exclusive Champion car skin each month as well as all those other Nitro points rewards.

otherwise for the most part i completely ignored the daily and weekly challenges for the most part and mainly played the game over the weekends when it was 5 x the Wumpa coins. you could easily earn around 5000 + wumpa coins per day on during the weekend exta coins days just by playing for an hour on Friday Nights, on Saturdays and an hour on Sundays.

and the stuff you unlock isn't even pay to win type stuff. it's literally just different characters, character skins, car types and car skins. you gain no advantage in online game whatsoever by unlocking all that stuff.

you could could completely ignore most Nitro Points and challenges and still unlock alot of that shit pretty damn quickly.

i was annoyed by having to locate the Golden Eggs in the story mode to unlock the character King Chicken than i was by earning Wumpa coins tbh.
That attitude is why scummy developers think microtransactions are okay in the first place. And no matter how you wanna slice it, putting in microtransactions after launch so that the ESRP couldn't label the game as containing them is even worse.

MT's are never acceptable for any reason in a full priced game, end of story.

Reactions: BrawlMan

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
It bothers me more than it should that Activision keeps calling remakes "remasters".
Just keep in mind that there is no industry-wide agreed upon definition for either of those words and you're good to go.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

but they didn't. you had to play about half an hour to an per day for about half a month total to end up in the top 25000 players and unlock the exclusive Champion car skin each month as well as all those other Nitro points rewards.

Yoshi, I don't give a shit. If you love the game I'm not going to stop you. Bad practice is bad practice. Activision lied about there not being DLC, and I have huge problem with it. Especially when it's predatory monetization geared towards kids. You know me by this point. I don't do corporate dick-sucking and I don't make pathetic excuses or trying to downplay highly dubious actions. If you can't understand that, then we have nothing left to discuss. You keep playing the game and enjoy yourself. Me, I got other games that don't try to screw me or the consumer over.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
I do what a developer or publishers don't treat their target audience or the consumer like unthinkable mororns, mindless sheep, or guttertash.
you mustn't play play very much videogames at all then.
because there are a crap tonne of shitty practice's by companies in video games.

if i can ignore those practice's and still have fun then i will. but if i boycotted a videogame every single time there was a shitty business practice by a developer, i probably wouldn't play videogames at all.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
you mustn't play play very much videogames at all then.
because there are a crap tonne of shitty practice's by companies in video games.

if i can ignore those practice's and still have fun then i will. but if boycotted a videogame every single time there was a shitty business practice by a developer, i probably wouldn't play videogames at all.
I've played a lot of games. I just don't play everything. Especially when it wastes my time. Some things I can ignore, but if it's that insulting I put my foot down. I have my own set of standards and you have yours. Once again, if you like it, you like it. I don't know who you trying to convince other than yourself. Because you're not convincing me.

Last edited: