Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
So many out there. Example: https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/11/30/the-proof-is-in-the-election-was-stolen/ But it is less about proving the election stolen. Prove to me that these machines, that we know flipped votes from Trump to Biden, were secure. Prove to me that mailing tens of millions of ballots to people that did not request them... and more... makes for a secure election. You cannot. Because the concept is moronic.
That anyone thinks it is important to prove fraud, rather than prove the security of the voting system was sound and secure, is part of the problem with regards to this elections security.
My point, that you clipped out, is that I just don't think any of it matters. We can only fix things by being better. That we impact our poisened culture that allowed this to happen. It's something we do one person at a time by being the best version of ourselves. As an example to each other. To rub off on each other. And those that appear to rule us for better or worse.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So many out there. Example: https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/11/30/the-proof-is-in-the-election-was-stolen/ But it is less about proving the election stolen. Prove to me that these machines, that we know flipped votes from Trump to Biden, were secure. Prove to me that mailing tens of millions of ballots to people that did not request them... and more... makes for a secure election. You cannot. Because the concept is moronic.
That anyone thinks it is important to prove fraud, rather than prove the security of the voting system was sound and secure, is part of the problem with regards to this elections security.
My point, that you clipped out, is that I just don't think any of it matters. We can only fix things by being better. That we impact our poisened culture that allowed this to happen. It's something we do one person at a time by being the best version of ourselves. As an example to each other. To rub off on each other. And those that appear to rule us for better or worse.
Just so you're aware none of what you just said it true. Just little food for thought none of that conspiracy shit actually happened, and all the evidence you provide was fraudulent

Reactions: Dalisclock

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Just so you're aware none of what you just said it true. Just little food for thought none of that conspiracy shit actually happened, and all the evidence you provide was fraudulent
Yeah, we all just collectively hallucinated that video of the voting center where everyone was sent home and a few people stayed behind to count ballots in secret.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Reactions: Buyetyen

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Oh man of the past, for whom Memory still hasn't been released, fear not! We of the future continue to use our magnificent brains to remember stuff! One day you too may be capable of such a feat! Until them we of the future are hear to remind you of what you've clearly forgotten in your temporal psychosis.

"The MSM told me it was deboooonked!"

I guess you either didn't read the link or you didn't read my post where I posted all those media sources saying that everyone was told to go home, in contradiction to what the narrative is now.

Last edited:

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
That might backfire on you, since covid is supposed to disproportionately affect minorities. People will call you racist for implying that black people are neurologically damaged and can't be trusted with any task that requires mental fitness.
No it might not, I'm not implying that you're unqualified for anything just because you've had covid, or even if you actually have neurological damage because of covid, I'm stating that certain professions have a higher standard on mental health, we don't want brain damaged politicians, doctors, lawyers, astronauts, and so on and so forth.
Furthermore I'm suggesting that having had covid could lead to a test of mental faculties if you hold a job where your neurological health is important, not an outright dismissal from such a job.

Otherwise we might as well fire everyone who played football, a sport that is linked to a massive amount of brain injuries.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
We're pretty much done here. It isn't that the election was stolen or not. Of course it was. The problem is that Republicans helped make it happen. Why?
The vastly more likely reality is simply that Trump lost. He lost by over 7 million votes (4.5%) nationally; remember that he only just squeaked through against Clinton when he lost the popular vote by 2.1%. If he did 2.4% worse than then, he was all but guaranteed to lose. Trump was down over 2% in most of the states he won in 2016. To take some examples, 1-2% less in Alabama & Iowa. 3% less in Texas, Indiana, Tennessee. 4% less in Kentucky, Montana, Oklahoma. 5+% in Alaska Nebraska, Kansas. These aren't freak results in PA, MI, WI, GA: they are representative of most of the country. There was no significant nationwide cheating, he just lost. The Republicans you're talking about simply accept that reality.

He lost because he was a divisive president who ended up alienating more voters than he won over: this is crystalised by the first presidential debate. Even Republican faithful such as yourself saw that and recognised how wrong Trump's conduct was. You know that outside the screaming faithful of those rallies, a big chunk of Republicans hated and were frustrated by it. How undignified and rude it was in the eyes of people who think appropriate conduct and manners matter, and you just have to accept that four long years of that cost Trump precious votes.

You put your faith in Trump and he failed you. I know it's painful when someone lets you down, but that's what happened.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
It isn't that the election was stolen or not. Of course it was. The problem is that Republicans helped make it happen.
He said without any sign of sarcasm or proof.

Do yourself and everyone around you a favour and get the fuck back to reality. Seek professional help if you need to, this level of delusion isn't healthy in the short or long term.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Be an example of basic human decency. Maybe it will rub off.
Exactly. So do you not see why Trump lost? Where was his basic human decency?

You can see it here. To all intents and purposes, Trump lost the 2020 election in the first few months of 2016. All those rallies with screaming adulation from his base covered the fact that he made a lot of the voters he needed unhappy. They gave him a shot, and as it descended straight into organisational chaos and Twitter ranting he lost a fair chunk of them. By continuing with that behaviour, he never got them back.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
We're pretty much done here. It isn't that the election was stolen or not. Of course it was.
It very much wasn't. The most unpopular guy in history of unpopular guys, incompetent and dumb as a box of rocks lost to a far more popular guy who's not an idiot and a racist. Such surprise!

The problem is that Republicans helped make it happen.
How? By not cheating more? By not breaking every law in the book to help Trump who regularly throws his own people under the bus?

With as much liberty that is left, just strive to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Be an example of basic human decency. Maybe it will rub off.
Start by recognizing that Trump is a fuckin' monster. And so are the vast majority of Republican politicians. They've proven time and time again to lack even the basic human decency that you speak of.

You put your faith in Trump and he failed you. I know it's painful when someone lets you down, but that's what happened.
He failed him?
Are we just going to ignore the stupidity involved in expecting a psychopath like Trump who doesn't give a shit about other human beings to give a shit about his voters? Trump has done nothing for his base. He said a couple of things that they wanted to hear, emboldened a couple of domestic terrorists and hate groups, but everything that he has done, he has done in order to enrich himself. And it came at a great cost for the people. The man is so incapable of basic human empathy, he couldn't even condemn fuckin' Nazis for fuck sake. He almost destroyed the nation. And the consequences of his disastrous, divisive presidency will be felt for a long time. Not to mention all the other things that he has done, that will hopefully be revealed once he's out of office. Perhaps then his clueless supporters will realize what kind of monster they adored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwak

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It very much wasn't. The most unpopular guy in history of unpopular guys, incompetent and dumb as a box of rocks lost to a far more popular guy who's not an idiot and a racist. Such surprise!
Er, Trump is very popular, with a cult following numbering in the millions, and who got almost as many votes as Biden.

I am not saying that Trump was robbed or anything, that's obviously a serving serving and absurd lie, just that he came disturbingly close to actually winning.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He failed him?
Yes. Trump was supposed to be the great disruptor, who to public acclaim drained the swamp, squashed the arrogant elites, and gave the USA back to the people.

He didn't. He made no effort to reduce lobbying, big money and corruption. He installed his own useless cronies to satisfy his own insecurity and delivered no significant reforms or changes. Underneath the grandiose claims, he didn't change policy and left the USA embroiled in myriad wars, subservient to big money, tax cuts for the rich, couldn't even get his signature wall built. He was the emperor's new clothes, all mouth and no accomplishment. And on top of that mass of failure and inactivity, he antagonised so many people that he couldn't even convert incumbency into re-election.

Yes, many of us suspected he'd be nothing but a heap of junk from the start. But we can accept his supporters had hopes - and he let them down in every way imaginable except for rhetoric. In the long run (once the heat of the contest and the fervour wears off), they'll realise that too.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
In the long run (once the heat of the contest and the fervour wears off), they'll realise that too.
Maybe. I imagine some die hard cultists will remain loyal. I mean, yes, it should be obvious in a few years, but then it should have been obvious already by now, just as it should have been obvious before the election.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes, many of us suspected he'd be nothing but a heap of junk from the start. But we can accept his supporters had hopes - and he let them down in every way imaginable except for rhetoric. In the long run (once the heat of the contest and the fervour wears off), they'll realise that too.
What gives you any idea that this would happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.