My Smash Bros Ultimate Fighter Pack 2 Character Bingo List. What are yours?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Since the reveal and possible release of the first character for Smash Ultimate's Fighter Pack 2 is supposed to be this month, a character from the Nintendo Game ARMS, I feel like making a Bingo List of characters I expect to be included in this fighter pack 2 knowing full well that the choices are already made by the developers as to who is gonna be included. So here's my Bingo List.

A Monster Hunter. (Update: Mii Skin)
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. (Nope)
Dante from Devil May Cry, (Update: Mii Skin)
Ninja Raiden from Metal Gear Solid/Rising (Nope)
A Mortal Kombat character, either Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Liu Kang. (Nope)
Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear (Nope)
Nightmare/Siegfried from Soul Calibur (Nope)
Sora from Kingdom Hearts (CONFIRMED)
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 (CONFIRMED)
A Tekken Mishima (CONFIRMED, its Kazuya, Heihachi is a Mii Skin)
DoomSlayer (Update: Mii Costume)
Master Chief (Nope)
A Blizzard character, most likely an Overwatch one. (Nope)
And the most shot in the dark choice, Wolverine from the X-Men, but he plays like how he does in Marvel vs Capcom. (Nope)

These are the guest characters since I can't think of too many Nintendo characters that are not already Assist Trophies and Pokeballs.
The only Nintendo character I can think of is Paper Mario, and I believe that a Paper Mario can play very differently from normal Mario.

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Adol Christin from the Ys series <-- My biggest hope possible. Make it happen, Nintendo! ♥
Rallen from Spectrobes (Not ever happening, but I can dream of this series getting some love)
The protagonists from Astral Chain
Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes
Wonder Red from The Wonderful 101 (With a moveset based around the rest of the main cast, like Wonder Green's gun for a B attack, Wonder Pink's whip for grabs, and Wonder Blue's sword for smash attacks, for example). Not to mention his final smash,
Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Only one I'd really like to see would be Shantae.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
The only Nintendo character I can think of is Paper Mario, and I believe that a Paper Mario can play very differently from normal Mario.
We already have Mario, Dr Mario and Green Mario.

We don't need another one.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
We already have Mario, Dr Mario and Green Mario.

We don't need another one.
Then you haven't played a lot of Paper Mario then and how different he can play from Normal Mario.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Then you haven't played a lot of Paper Mario then and how different he can play from Normal Mario.
just like you haven't played a lot of Nintendo games if you think Paper Mario is the only 1st Party character that Nintendo could/would put in Smash.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Dante is one that I've been hoping for (but not really expecting to actually get) ever since the first Devil May Cry was released on the Switch*, and the Astral Chain protagonists are really cool as well, though I figure Akira is more likely to get the slot for having an actual name (the difference is largely academic). Besides them, I don't think it's likely to happen, but if Shovel Knight and Shantae were able to get representation as popular indie characters, then maybe a Japanese indie will get a full fighter - I speak, of course, of Reimu Hakurei, leading lady of the Touhou series, which also has some representation on Switch. Marisa Kirisame (same series' deuteragonist/co-protagonist) would be cool as well.

Besides them, Crono from Chrono Trigger or Amaterasu from Okami would be really neat and probably fit well (other than Chrono Trigger not getting many songs because Square Enix), and if we're going with adding to an existing series, then more Pokemon like Decidueye would be really neat.

*Devil May Cry 1 still holds up really well, and DMC3 is a must-play.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
just like you haven't played a lot of Nintendo games if you think Paper Mario is the only 1st Party character that Nintendo could/would put in Smash.
As I said, I can't think of any that are not already Assist Trophies.

Like before, I would have still wanted Waluigi, Krystal, Skull Kid and Midna on Wolf Link, but they are still Assist Trophies now.

Heck I would have preferred the Black Knight over Byleth and Corrin if I wanted a new Fire Emblem Character.

As of now I can't think of any. Particularly for Zelda, Metroid, and F-Zero.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
After putting through a lot of thoughts, the only other Nintendo Character that can be a fighter is a Custom Robo Mecha.

My other choice would have been Black Shadow from F-Zero but I wanted to have him if Ganondorf was remade from scratch to be his own unique fighter and not just a very loose clone of Captain Falcon.

Like Black Shadow could have been the Echo Fighter of Captain Falcon

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
As I said, I can't think of any that are not already Assist Trophies.

Like before, I would have still wanted Waluigi, Krystal, Skull Kid and Midna on Wolf Link, but they are still Assist Trophies now.

Heck I would have preferred the Black Knight over Byleth and Corrin if I wanted a new Fire Emblem Character.

As of now I can't think of any. Particularly for Zelda, Metroid, and F-Zero.
Zelda doesn't need any more as it already has too many reps anyway.
Metroid could have one of the other bounty hunters, most people are wanting Sylux because they think he will be the villain in prime 4.
F-Zero could have Black Shadow and Blood Falcon could be an echo fighter.
Xenoblade could either have Rex & Pyra since they were the protagonist's of Xenoblade 2 or they could add Melia to the roster given they they made Melia the focus character of Future Connected epilogue in Xenoblade Definitive Edition.
there are a bunch of Kid Icarus Characters they could add too.
and if they add another Mario character. they should add Geno instead. he would be way cooler than Paper Mario.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Zelda doesn't need any more as it already has too many reps anyway.
Metroid could have one of the other bounty hunters, most people are wanting Sylux because they think he will be the villain in prime 4.
F-Zero could have Black Shadow and Blood Falcon could be an echo fighter.
Xenoblade could either have Rex & Pyra since they were the protagonist's of Xenoblade 2 or they could add Melia to the roster given they they made Melia the focus character of Future Connected epilogue in Xenoblade Definitive Edition.
there are a bunch of Kid Icarus Characters they could add too.
and if they add another Mario character. they should add Geno instead. he would be way cooler than Paper Mario.
Most of Zelda Reps are the big 3, Link, Ganon, and Zelda. Sheik, despite still being Zelda's alter ego, is the only different character not of the big 3.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Out of the two, I'd rather have Paper Mario. Geno's overrated, just like the game he came from.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Out of the two, I'd rather have Paper Mario. Geno's overrated, just like the game he came from.
I never, ever got the hype for Geno. Like, sure, he was kinda neat... But did he really actually do/say anything that was remotely worthy of all this praise and fan outcry?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hey. How sick would Hades be now?

Each Costume choice is just a different weapon. Or Down B would be a random boon from the Gods that will appear somewhere on the map that will change your B and Forward B attacks.

~ Edit

NEKU!!!!

NEKU!!!!

Or the new kid, Rind from TWEWY!

Last edited: