Chinese Embassy account in USA tries to spin forced sterilisation of women and mass detention camps as good for women. Twitter deems it fine

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I mean, they're just steralizing them, it's not as if they messaged them to learn to code or something serious like that, then twitter would have to act.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah, but how else will I be able to send him screenshots of hentai in his dms?
Physically mail them to Iran.
So, a thing that’s kinda skipped over here, isn’t this just kinda bog standard enforcement of China’s two child policy? The sterilization that is, not the concentration camps. Like, this isn’t new, China’s been doing batshit population control policies for decades.
From what I've read (and been told by a Chinese lawyer), the One Child policy (and subsequent Two Child Policy) did not and do not apply to couples where at least one of the two is a member of a recognized minority group. At least officially.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Physically mail them to Iran.
I’m likely on enough lists without trying to mail items to Iran. Also, sounds expensive.
From what I've read (and been told by a Chinese lawyer), the One Child policy (and subsequent Two Child Policy) did not and do not apply to couples where at least one of the two is a member of a recognized minority group. At least officially.
Huh. I imagine to avoid any kind of UN case against them since that (rightfully) falls under the definition of genocide? Then again, why would they even care given they have a veto. Still, it’s not like this is a super un-Dengist China thing to do.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I’m likely on enough lists without trying to mail items to Iran.
I imagine you would have an interesting time explaining to our fine men and women in customs why you were mailing several yaoi books to a country under economic sanctions.

I imagine to avoid any kind of UN case against them since that (rightfully) falls under the definition of genocide?
That might be why.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I imagine you would have an interesting time explaining to our fine men and women in customs why you were mailing several yaoi books to a country under economic sanctions.
Bro those books are expensive and I don’t own duplicates.

That might be why.
They still have a security veto.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
... Dude, do you remember what it was like during Puberty?
I considered that.
But that would make the joke weird and creepy. Or rather, weirder and creeper than it already was.

ALSO, back on topic, but I wonder why I see so many conservatives call for repealing Section 230 as if this means they wouldn't be banned.

Reactions: Agema

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I considered that.
But that would make the joke weird and creepy. Or rather, weirder and creeper than it already was.

ALSO, back on topic, but I wonder why I see so many conservatives call for repealing Section 230 as if this means they wouldn't be banned.
I think it's a mask off moment.

repeal section 230 and suddenly the TOS has to be strictly enforced or failure to do so can be used in court as evidence the TOS isn't properly being used thus can't be legally enforceable. On legal record it goes down as biased moderation occurring.

Or in easier terms. We all burn now.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I considered that.

Banned off Twitter and other social media? IDK. I would say that rich people would be able to afford lawyers to push back against such bannings so I'd say they are willing to roll the dice.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Or... it takes time before they realise some off has happened. Unless you think they are omnipotent. I'd prefer to think they are pretty incompetent
No as I posted at least one outlet (multiple if you want to look futher) contacted twitter and were told the tweet wasn't in violation of any of their rules.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No as I posted at least one outlet (multiple if you want to look futher) contacted twitter and were told the tweet wasn't in violation of any of their rules.
So they changed the TOS to take out bad Chinese propoganda? Good on them

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Honestly, exclusively sending Yaoi sounds like a quick way to get a lot of curious Iranian youth into a lot of trouble. It also sounds like the best way to spread the big gay, which I’m 100% about. Given Iran’s views on trans people tho, if I send exclusively femboy material and none of it is translated into, uh, Farsi? Gonna go with Farsi, but yeah, if it isn’t translated and is femboy they’ll just think it’s trans and they’re fine with that.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Absolutely.

The alternative is that they advocate signing into law that social media count as public places. I am willing to bet you that this will also cause problems that end up in widespread howls of protest.