California no longer under lockdown - people freak out

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
To be fair, a lot of them were wearing masks, at least the ones doing the burning and looting. It's a lot easier to get away with it if you're harder to identify (and this is why a lot of protesters don't want to be filmed). That's why the guy who burned down a pawn shop with someone in it on the second day of Minneapolis protests got caught - he was clearly identifiable in the video of him posted on social media.
"Mostly peaceful".

Here is my question.

In CA we have to wear a mask everywhere. No store in the state will let you in without a mask. We have been stuck at home though my family used every excuse to go to Walmart almost every day because they dont like video games, plebs. Yet CA has had the worst of the Covid out of all the US.

Why?

If facemasks work we should all be good right? Even if we go out we are forced to wear the fucking mask everywhere, so why are people still getting this thing?

If the lockdowns work why are we the shittiest state? If masks work why are we the shittiest state? If both work combined, then why are we the shittiest state!?

Either the numbers are bullshit or the precautions are. If either of those are the case, what was the reason to ruin people's jobs, businesses, and childrens education?

Fear mongering? Control? To what end?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
"Mostly peaceful".

Here is my question.

In CA we have to wear a mask everywhere. No store in the state will let you in without a mask. We have been stuck at home though my family used every excuse to go to Walmart almost every day because they dont like video games, plebs. Yet CA has had the worst of the Covid out of all the US.

Why?

If facemasks work we should all be good right? Even if we go out we are forced to wear the fucking mask everywhere, so why are people still getting this thing?

If the lockdowns work why are we the shittiest state? If masks work why are we the shittiest state? If both work combined, then why are we the shittiest state!?

Either the numbers are bullshit or the precautions are. If either of those are the case, what was the reason to ruin people's jobs, businesses, and childrens education?

Politics. They don't know what they are doing but pretend that they do.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Why do we have to wear seatbelts if people still die in car crashes?
Because there is actual evidence that they prevented deaths?

With masks you can argue the opposite. People think they are 'safe' so they don't socially distance and risk higher chance of infection.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
With masks you can argue the opposite. People think they are 'safe' so they don't socially distance and risk higher chance of infection.
Well, I'd say that's not the masks as such posing the risk, but yeah, that's absolutely a problem. Should be really obvious that a cloth mask isn't god mode, but somehow large numbers of people get that wrong.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020

Sure, but that doesn't make the masks themselves "unsafe".
And is there any study which shows people wearing masks are less cautious about the distancing rules than those who don't?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
How come they never blamed covid surges on the protests, many of which done without masks? It is because the media was okay with the "cause" in which brought those up? Covid doesnt get you if you are noble-rioting.
There wasn't any surges from the protests because people were outside, respiratory diseases don't transmit outside.

Why?

You can do anything safely outside without masks. California has nice weather so there's no reason not to have pool parties and whatnot outside.

There is no data saying facemasks do anything, not even the medical community has data showing surgical masks do anything. It's a "better safe than sorry" approach. The biggest potential masks have is that in theory they'll at least lower the initial viral load, which will lower the severity of the disease, which means less hospitalizations and less deaths, but not necessarily less transmissions. Also, if you're in the same room for hours with someone that is infectious, I really don't think masks help too much. Like working an 8 hour shift with someone, I don't really think a mask helps much there. However, masks probably help more in a place like a grocery store where you might bump and talk to someone for 5-10 minutes along with walking past several people in and out of aisles and whatnot. Japan is the one country that didn't basically get rid of the virus and has let it spread around and has amazingly good numbers, they also masked from the very 1st day and their vitamin d levels are naturally high. I'm all for masks but they're probably pretty pointless if you go to a friends' to hangout or whatever for hours or at work with the same people for hours.

The migrant farmers are probably the reason California's spread rate has been so shit with all the extreme restrictions in place.

The pandemic has seen one of the greatest shifts in wealth as well don't forget. Also, big pharma wants cheap shit not to work so they can sell you expensive inpatient treatments and vaccines for a rather extremely weak virus. The virus numbers are only so high because it's a new and nobody has had it. This really would be like the flu at worst if it wasn't a new virus.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
David Davis of British Parliament compared lockdowns to a very expensive drug with known harms and it's a really apt comparison.
Yeah, but David Davis of British Parliament is actually an idiot. Like, you could almost definitely find a less useless person to back up your viewpoint on this.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yeah, but David Davis of British Parliament is actually an idiot. Like, you could almost definitely find a less useless person to back up your viewpoint on this.
I watched like an hour interview of him, posted it in this thread, he's the most logical politician I've heard talk about covid.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
There wasn't any surges from the protests because people were outside, respiratory diseases don't transmit outside.
Except at Trump rallies, for some reason:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Except at Trump rallies, for some reason:
They probably didn't get it from the outdoor rallies, the indoor ones, most likely. Though when you have large groups of people gather for outdoor stuff, they probably have lunch/dinner inside and travel together as well.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I watched like an hour interview of him, posted it in this thread, he's the most logical politician I've heard talk about covid.
He is, to be fair, not the worst Tory. He's useless, but probably not as downright awful as some of them. In Tory Top Trumps, he would probably not be a bad card.

God, that game would be awful.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It's much easier to tell people to stay inside, make no effort to make sure people can actually stay inside, then tell people to go fuck themselves when the can't stay inside because they have no savings and need to be able to afford food and rent.
The government wants control without accountability. The people want autonomy with security. A pandemic has mandated that the survival of both is dependent upon a concession of the desires of both. Whether or not you believe in a higher power, this virus has been too much a haymaker of a wake-up call to feel like anything less than acutely intentional. Not saying it's been a good thing; hell no, I've lost friends and family, but when you've got mask-less people screaming in the faces of Starbucks baristas because the former feels they know more than the accredited experts and want their lattes despite a mask requirement, you can't help but step back and evaluate if we haven't splintered into separate species somewhere along the line. Never been an "End of Days" guy, but damn it, this is pretty much what it'd look like, I imagine. Took a meteor to take out the dinosaurs; why not self-righteous entitlement to take out us?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock and Kwak

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

With seat belts you can argue the opposite. People think they are 'safe' so they drive more recklessly and risk higher velocity collisions.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
"Mostly peaceful".

Here is my question.

Why?

IF YOU GO TO WALMART EVERYDAY FOR ANY REASON, YOU DIDN'T FUCKING "LOCKDOWN"

Lockdowns work great...if you do them. Masks work great...if you wear them right.
ON OUR BEST DAY, we had sex three times a day, wore a condom wrong half the time, took birth control every third day and wonder why so many people got pregnant because "condoms and birth control work"