Dominion sues Rudy Giuliani for defamation

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I don't know if I have empathy for them or not. They knowingly participated in a system that was, according to those with a grievance, not transparently conducted to their satisfaction. They could have quit in protest. They could have refused to participate. But they were okay with the procedures and operations that others complained about.
So, from this, what I can gather you mean by "empathy", is that people who don't do what you and yours want are suspicious and immoral people.

That's not empathy, that's authoritarianism.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So, from this, what I can gather you mean by "empathy", is that people who don't do what you and yours want are suspicious and immoral people.

That's not empathy, that's authoritarianism.
I never said anything about anyone being "suspicious" or "immoral".

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I never said anything about anyone being "suspicious" or "immoral".
Then please define "transparently conducted to their satisfaction", and why they suspect as much? What do we call it when you suspect something has happened? You see someone doing something and you suspect they're doing something wrong? What do we call that? That feeling when you think something is being hidden from you, or someone is up to something no good? I think we have a word for it, that feeling of suspecting something.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Then please define "transparently conducted to their satisfaction" , and why they suspect as much?
Many people expressed concern that the election was not transparent enough. That's what that means. It's not a "suspicion".
A concern with a lack of transparency is also not automatically a suspicion of wrongdoing.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Many people expressed concern that the election was not transparent enough. That's what that means. It's not a "suspicion".
A concern with a lack of transparency is also not automatically a suspicion of wrongdoing.
You state that you do not know if you have "empathy" for them because they knowingly took part in an election process other people claimed was unfair.

Firstly, this is not empathy. Empathy is an appreciation of other people's feelings, which can be done without approval or disapproval. You are talking about sympathy. Secondly, you are holding sympathy with them in doubt on the claims of other people to whom you give unconditional sympathy. This is absolutely partisanship.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You state that you do not know if you have "empathy" for them because they knowingly took part in an election process other people claimed was unfair.
Not "unfair". I did not say that. What I said was "not transparently conducted to their satisfaction"

Firstly, this is not empathy. Empathy is an appreciation of other people's feelings, which can be done without approval or disapproval.
I never said anything about approval or disapproval.

Secondly, you are holding sympathy with them in doubt on the claims of other people to whom you give unconditional sympathy. This is absolutely partisanship.
I am not.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
No that's literally what is is. If you have a concern something illegal is happening, ie a fraudulent election, you are suspicious.

Suspicious: having or showing a cautious distrust of someone or something.

Cautious: careful about avoiding danger or risk
adverb: Cautiously
Noun: Caution

Concern: matter for caution or consideration

They're linked.

And many people expressed concern, caution and suspicion when the earth was no longer the center of the solar system. Who gives a fuck what people with a wrong world view think?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
If you have a concern something illegal is happening, ie a fraudulent election, you are suspicious.
Wanting transparency is clearly separate from having a concern that something illegal is happening.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Wanting transparency is clearly separate from having a concern that something illegal is happening.
So you have zero concerns that anything illegal happened during the 2020 presidential election?

Also, "transparency" is available. You and yours are simply unhappy with the results.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Not "unfair". I did not say that. What I said was "not transparently conducted to their satisfaction"

I never said anything about approval or disapproval.

I am not.
This sort of petty obstructionism indicates nothing other than an attempt to avoid answering the issues put to you.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
This sort of petty obstructionism
It is not petty to refuse to have words put in your mouth, or to correct one's false accusations. If you argument hinges on changing the words that I say, then your argument must not be very strong.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Tell that to the people who had to stand in the corner of the room.
Okay so there was transparency, those people were just not happy with the level of it. That's not the same as no transparency. Meaning they had concerns over the transparency. Meaning they were suspicious of the transparency.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Okay so there was transparency, those people were just not happy with the level of it. That's not the same as no transparency. Meaning they had concerns over the transparency. Meaning they were suspicious of the transparency.
I already acknowledged that by saying "transparently conducted to their satisfaction"
I never said "no transparency".

Saying "I have concerns about the level of transparency" is saying "I wish it could be more transparent" not "I am suspicious of illegal acts".

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Saying "I have concerns about the level of transparency" is saying "I wish it could be more transparent" not "I am suspicious of illegal acts".
Oh so its just a personal opinion on their part, not a grievance at all. They simply wish something to be more transparent, but don't think anything was actually out of line, or anything suspicious happened. So no one thought or suspected anything illegal or fraudulent was happening, they simply wished it was more transparent, like wishing for better eye sight.

Thank you for making it clear there was no grounds of any grievance whatsoever.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Oh so its just a personal opinion on their part, not a grievance at all.
Grievances can be opinions, yes. For example: "I want to get paid more" and "I feel that not enough is done to ensure my safety" are both.

Are you implying that grievances can't be "wishes" or "opinions"?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Grievances can be opinions, yes. For example: "I want to get paid more" and "I feel that not enough is done to ensure my safety" are both.

Are you implying that grievances can't be "wishes" or "opinions"?
I'm implying simply wishing for something is not the same as action being required.
Wishing to be paid more is not the same as being robbed.
Wishing for more transparency in an election is not the same as a fraudulent election.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I'm implying simply wishing for something is not the same as action being required.
Wishing to be paid more is not the same as being robbed.
Wishing for more transparency in an election is not the same as a fraudulent election.
Great, I never said any of that.