'Walking While Black?': Shocking Video Has Police Under Fire For killing Unarmed Black Man

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

So, this is why it does get harder to say "Not all cops", even though I say it. Because in this video, you hear a cop saying that this incident is nothing, but he goes along with the brutalizing and eventual death.

I'm unaware of why you need to put your hands on a person for a traffic violation. Whenever someone puts their hands on me without my permission, it does drive me insane. If I own anything on this earth, it is my own body. And you will not encroach on it because you're having a power trip.

Also, it gets tiring. Why you must answer for something that other people do literally thousands of times per day. Why you catch the attitude, and for what perceivable reason.

Oh. And dying for literally no reason. That your numbers are low and you have to show you've done something. And even though your partner knows it's nothing, they rather brutalize a human being and kill them instead of having the optics of going against the shield.

But no, BLM is meaningless.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
That's the basis of ACAB. Not every cop shoots a dude, but the others look the other way, dismiss it and protect each other because "that's how its done, always have each other's back".

The system is corrupt, where going against this carries an implication that you might not come home. It's not that good cops can't exist, it's that they propegate a system of oppression which is set up to punish those who go against the grain.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That's the basis of ACAB. Not every cop shoots a dude, but the others look the other way, dismiss it and protect each other because "that's how its done, always have each other's back".
I'd still prefer "ACABES" - All Cops Are Bastards Except Serpico".

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
*Waiting on the inexorable Houseman post that excuses this kind behavior from those employed to protect basic human rights and turns the thread from a discussion into an argument railing against his particular brand of willful obtuseness.*

OT, it becomes more apparent every day that blind obedience of the black man to employed authority has become necessary for our basic survival. "Land of the free" n'all...

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

The system is corrupt, where going against this carries an implication that you might not come home. It's not that good cops can't exist, it's that they propegate a system of oppression which is set up to punish those who go against the grain.
Pretty much all this. I'm still a smidge uncomfortable about the ACAB thing but as we keep seeing more and more of these things, it's hard to argue against it...

*Waiting on the inexorable Houseman post that excuses this kind behavior from those employed to protect basic human rights and turns the thread from a discussion into an argument railing against his particular brand of willful obtuseness.*
You're gonna be waiting a long time as he seemed to have been banned

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
OT, it becomes more apparent every day that blind obedience of the black man to employed authority has become necessary for our basic survival. "Land of the free" n'all...
Yeah, it's always bothersome to me, from my line of work, when I see cops come in. Because a LOT of ex-military go into law enforcement. But they come in with service disabilities that often include PTSD and other psychological problems. And they will often talk about how they don't report problems they are having, because if they do, they will lose their job. But they want the higher disability rating because their condition is worse. And all I can think is "Ok yeah, you'll lose your job but, if you can't safely DO your job, given the stakes in that job, maybe you SHOULDN'T be doing it?" This isn't the kind of thing that you just "suck it up and walk it off you pussy" your way through. People can and do DIE because of faulty policing all the time. You aren't entitled to be a cop, nobody fucking drafted you. If you can't do the job without being an actual threat to the community you are supposed to serve, then you shouldn't be doing that fucking job.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
You're gonna be waiting a long time as he seemed to have been banned
Shame; couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Any volunteers to invariably advocate the opposite of common sense? How else are we going to get more +20 page threads of "the opposite of what you say because of reasons?"

Yeah, it's always bothersome to me, from my line of work, when I see cops come in. Because a LOT of ex-military go into law enforcement. But they come in with service disabilities that often include PTSD and other psychological problems. And they will often talk about how they don't report problems they are having, because if they do, they will lose their job. But they want the higher disability rating because their condition is worse. And all I can think is "Ok yeah, you'll lose your job but, if you can't safely DO your job, given the stakes in that job, maybe you SHOULDN'T be doing it?" This isn't the kind of thing that you just "suck it up and walk it off you pussy" your way through. People can and do DIE because of faulty policing all the time. You aren't entitled to be a cop, nobody fucking drafted you. If you can't do the job without being an actual threat to the community you are supposed to serve, then you shouldn't be doing that fucking job.
Yeah, it's the ones that feel the badge gives them impunity, that their position makes them an infallible authority and therefore correct in every decision they make, or (let's be honest) that just want to flex their muscles against the necks of people they believe to be inferior to themselves that make this discussion so exhausting. Tack on mental health issues as you've suggested, and you're sitting on a powder keg that demands the standards of employment be higher, yet we don't have that discussion, do we?

"He should have obeyed."

"She should have just done as she was told."

"If [they] would have just acted differently, the authorities would not have felt the need to use lethal force."

And after a woman misplaces her phone, assaults a random, black teenager with accusations of theft, walks away, and spends the next several days defending herself all but anonymously on social media, a black man is killed for jaywalking after one of the cops responsible admits he wasn't doing anything substantive enough to merit their exercising of authority.

'Murica...

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
"He would've been fine if he just respected their authoritah, instead of being an uppity n*****"

Since none of the usual suspects have shown up yet, I thought I'd fill in for a bit. Am I doing it right? Yeah, it's a little on the nose maybe, but I thought I'd just dispense with the coating of faux-intellectual sophistry. If you really want, I can go digging to see if this dude had a criminal record, prove he was no angel. /s

Reactions: Xprimentyl

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Been learning a lot of history about these forces lately from a particular podcast series: there is so much to learn that explains why it's as bad as it is, the roots are extraordinarily rotten.

History of US police and KKK
Police unions are bastards
Gangster ideology and armies for the rich
Police vs everyone

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
If you really want, I can go digging to see if this dude had a criminal record, prove he was no angel. /s
What do you mean? He was JAYWALKING! Caught in the act! Guilty as charged! Cops were doing their jobs enforcing legal use of arbitrarily-painted road crossing areas! BLUE LIVES MATTER!! /s

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
"He would've been fine if he just respected their authoritah, instead of being an uppity n*****"

Since none of the usual suspects have shown up yet, I thought I'd fill in for a bit. Am I doing it right? Yeah, it's a little on the nose maybe, but I thought I'd just dispense with the coating of faux-intellectual sophistry. If you really want, I can go digging to see if this dude had a criminal record, prove he was no angel. /s
Can we not pinch hit for unpleasant people when they are no longer part of the community please?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, if there's one thing I feel about cops, it's that the minute you challenge their authoritah, things tends to go a lot worse.

I don't really understand "jaywalking". It's not a crime in my country, except on motorways and a handful of other marked roads clearly unsuitable for pedestrians. (Although deliberately obstructing a road may be an offence, and messing around on one in the wrong way could fall under a generic public order offence.) I don't even understand why jaywalking needs to be an offence.

It's a pointless, shitty sort of law. I have heard - and I don't know how true it is - it originated from automobile enthusiasts and industry in the early 20th century who wanted the peasants cleared off the roads so they could get around more easily, and they managed to push it to the point of law.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Been learning a lot of history about these forces lately from a particular podcast series: there is so much to learn that explains why it's as bad as it is, the roots are extraordinarily rotten.

History of US police and KKK
Police unions are bastards
Gangster ideology and armies for the rich
Police vs everyone
Starting to feel like I don’t need to come here if you’re just gonna post the podcasts I steal all my arguments from.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So, any consequences, statements from the department?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Starting to feel like I don’t need to come here if you’re just gonna post the podcasts I steal all my arguments from.
Sorry, been consciously trying to not stan the series after first time, it's just they never stop being so relevant and I'm terrible with words! Either way, this should be the last time 😉 (It'll be Qanon Anonymous from now on...😈)

Reactions: Revnak

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The really gross part is that you just know they're going to get away with it, in any case all I can say is fuck the police.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am sure the neoliberal answer will be we need automated police. Despite their bias against.

Women

People of Color

Also if City Hall does not fire this police officer, it's because City Hall is corrupt, and or scared of the police unions who in New York literally threaten to shoot Mayor Bill De Biaso's kids for suggesting we do something about bad cops.

There are two unions that need to be reined in the Police and the Construction unions.

Edit: Link

Reactions: Revnak