a Brazilian female Esports player murdered by a male Esports player

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
So for some reason, that only makes sense in the sick fuck's head a professional Call of Duty player murdered a female Call of Duty player. Luckily the guy was dumb enough to share this news with a bunch of people

I don't know what to say besides fuck people sometimes

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So for some reason, that only makes sense in the sick fuck's head a professional Call of Duty player murdered a female Call of Duty player. Luckily the guy was dumb enough to share this news with a bunch of people

I don't know what to say besides fuck people sometimes
Why do people keep recording their crimes and sharing it?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Because they're idiots I think they're that untouchable or invincible. I do find this really disgusting. I hope the murder was worth it you fuck-nut (obviously it wasn't, but I don't expect him to learn anything). Your life is over and you'll never be playing COD again.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Also, something of interest. What does them both being COD mobile players have to do with this? None of the details we have indicate it to be relevant to this murder aside from maybe being how the two met. It's equivilent to titling you're headline, "Minecraft player murdered by another Minecraft player."

Perhaps the news outlets haven't shared all the information (doubtful, given the piranha-like nature of journalists) but it seems like this is attempt to bait people into making assumptions so the story gets bigger than it is.

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
On one hand, the guy gave himself up to the police and said he's perfectly sane, on the other he met this girl a month ago and says he decided to kill her two weeks later. And oh yeah, he also wrote a "book" full of hateful stuff where he explains why he did it... and he's smiling during his arrest. But yea, sure bro, you're the sanest man on earth.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
This perhaps induces to us to ask: what's sanity, really?

I certainly think a lot of people who kill others in cold blood don't really meet a standard of insanity. They're just incredibly unpleasant people.
People need to also understand that these kinds of people can also go home and show genuine love and affection to a pet, or family, or loved one.
That isn't meant to be taken as me saying they aren't doing terrible, evil things but that we should understand that humans in general are more capable of doing this kind of thing than some seem to think.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I mean in Brazil is esports like American rap culture, where going to jail and committing crimes gets you more street cred? Between the book, the notes, recording and smiling, this looks not only staged, but like he thinks this is a PR move.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I mean in Brazil is esports like American rap culture, where going to jail and committing crimes gets you more street cred? Between the book, the notes, recording and smiling, this looks not only staged, but like he thinks this is a PR move.
Nothing mentioned in the articles I looked at indicated that them both being COD mobile players has any relevance to the murder.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
That seems like too much of coincidence to be a coincidence.
We aren't living in the 90s anymore. Playing a video-game doesn't indicate you're part of some small clique of nerds. The fact that the articles only lead with COD in the headlines but have nothing further to add indicates this is scumbag journalists being scumbag journalists and latching onto anything they can to make a murder stand out so they can get clicks off of it because otherwise this story wouldn't be news worthy.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
We aren't living in the 90s anymore. Playing a video-game doesn't indicate you're part of some small clique of nerds. The fact that the articles only lead with COD in the headlines but have nothing further to add indicates this is scumbag journalists being scumbag journalists and latching onto anything they can to make a murder stand out so they can get clicks off of it because otherwise this story wouldn't be news worthy.
They're esports players who may be known for it, in the same way that one professional soccer player murdering another would include that in the title. If esports wants to pretend that they're equivalent to actual sports, they have to deal with the increased publicity.

Why are you trying to turn this into more culture war bullshit?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yes, and whenever I talk about toxicity in PVP games, there is always negative feedback in those forums. If there was ever a microcosm of what represents PVP games best it's this.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Don't really care why they do it, I mean it's for recognition, but who cares? I'm just glad they are making a point to document the crime so well, makes it a lot easier to prosecute them.

I'd rather they didn't do the crimes at all, but barring that, I want ALL of them to record it if possible. Nothing like self-incrimination.