Playstation State of Play 25/02/21

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Looks like there is another PlayStation State of Play on the 25th Feb.

Time for another State of Play! This Thursday, a State of Play broadcast will serve up new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PS4 and PS5, including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase.

The show is clocking it at 30 minutes or so, give or take. Can’t wait to hear what you think! And a quick note: there won’t be PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates in this show. We’re focusing on great games set to come out in the months ahead.

Be sure to tune in on Thursday, February 25 at 2:00pm Pacific Time / 5:00pm Eastern Time / 10:00pm GMT, and you can watch it live on Twitch and YouTube.

See you Thursday!
Any expectations?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Probably not though.

How about info on Horizon 2, God of War 5? or 2?

They announced today that Gran Turismo has been pushed back to 2022 so I doubt we'll see that which is a bummer to me because I like racing sims here and there.

Also we'll get a trailer for Oddworld again i think, because I believe it's coming in June.

Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop.

Honestly it's likely to be more info on the games we saw during the Ps5 reveal that have been quiet since. Like Returnal and that Kikiro Spirits game whatever that actiony pikmon-y game.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
There'll be those who'll be hyped, there'll be those who'll be pleased. There'll be some who feel disappointed, there'll be those angrily teased. There are those who don't give a toss, and those financially squeezed. But in the end there is no loss, so could I interest you in some of this weed?

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
What I wouldn't give for them to go back to some classic PS1 game, how about a legend of dragoon sequel?

Hell just remaster some of them, nintendo just did legend of mana (a PS1 game) c'mon sony, don't fall behind and remaster (and port to PC) dewprism/threads of fate already!

Aiddon

Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Country
United States
I expect it will bore the tits off me because every State of Play has been bad even when it has a lot of great games in it

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The only thing I am interested in is the next Ratchet & Clank and God of War Ragnarok. I highly doubt they will have any footage ready for the latter at this time. Maybe a trilogy collection of Killzone or Resistance, but I doubt that too.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Valkyria Chronicles 5
Skies of Arcadia Remake
Illusion of Time Remake
de Blob 3
Persona 4 Golden Re-release
Uncharted: Cutter's Challenging Climb of Gold (there is a reason I'm not in charge of naming video games)
Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2 - They might as well do because Nintendon't.

If I'm making a wishlist only to be disappointed, I might as well make it ridiculous.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
The only thing I am interested in is the next Ratchet & Clank and God of War Ragnarok. I highly doubt they will have any footage ready for the latter at this time. Maybe a trilogy collection of Killzone or Resistance, but I doubt that too.
Nah they'll just announce a new character for PSASBR

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Returnal gameplay looks pretty cool. Like a AAA-budget Roguelike so that could be pretty cool.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I saw the FFVII stuff and I literally thought "well, @CriticalGaming is having the time of their life right now". Hope you got what you wanted, in the reveal.

Otherwise, Deathloop looks like a lot of fun. Looks like Dishonored's gameplay, but in a game that isnt afraid of letting you murder people - so Dishonored, but it makes sense.

Kena also looks fucking gorgeous.

Definitely the best of the recent videogame shows, but nothing that really blew me away.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I saw the FFVII stuff and I literally thought "well, @CriticalGaming is having the time of their life right now". Hope you got what you wanted, in the reveal.

Otherwise, Deathloop looks like a lot of fun. Looks like Dishonored's gameplay, but in a game that isnt afraid of letting you murder people - so Dishonored, but it makes sense.

Kena also looks fucking gorgeous.

Definitely the best of the recent videogame shows, but nothing that really blew me away.
OMG YES YES FUCK YES FUCK FUCK YES FUCK YES!!!!

Also boo a fucking Battle Royal!? WTF dudes....

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Huh so they're doing a ffvii remake dlc to add a Yuffie specific chapter? Do they just have telepathy or something and read my mind for the ideal game? lol

Also I guess the dlc is ps5-only or something but you can upgrade your game to a ps5 version for cheap. Only issue is I still don't have a ps5 lol.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Huh so they're doing a ffvii remake dlc to add a Yuffie specific chapter? Do they just have telepathy or something? lol

Also I guess the dlc is ps5-only or something?
The availablity of the dlc is a little unclear. I think the DLC is available for everything but they put emphasis on PS5's free upgrade.

EDIT: Actually it does appear to be PS5 only. The upgrade is free but you will still gotta pay for the DLC. So that's interesting. Maybe they just figured they couldn't make the game work the way they wanted so they locked it to PS5.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
The availablity of the dlc is a little unclear. I think the DLC is available for everything but they put emphasis on PS5's free upgrade.
Based on what they said in the jp trailer it sounds the dlc is ps5 only but they give you the upgrade to a ps5 version for cheap. Pretty odd choice but who knows. Maybe they wanna push people to buy those ps5s.

What I wanna know is if it's possible to get the ps5 upgrade with a physical copy or not primarily cause I don't wanna have to buy this twice.