Biden's Executive Orders

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
We are not training anyone, we will sanction the living crap out of them if they are against US interests, or seek to supply our enemies with oil, case in point Iran, Russia with China. Also, invasions are too costly as well.
And then they keep fucking with us because we keep fucking with them, both sides becoming more and more intractable until the heat death of the universe or a terrorist group gets lucky.

You get how that's not solving the fucking problem, right? Just makes it bigger while punting the consequences down the road? Because we *love* training and arming pro US-interest militias and backing "pro-US" dictators, from Bin Laden to Hussein to Pinochet.

When has that ever fucking worked, ever? What does that do that's *useful* in anything but the short term besides causing millions of people to suffer for their governments? Just like Strategic Bombing, all it is is counterproductive cruelty.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Pretty sure the Kurds have dibs based on the shitshow in Syria and Iraq.
I wouldn't even blame them at this point. We've betrayed and fucked them over, what, 2-3 times in recent memory?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No it’s just most cultures are extremely resistant to change enforced by outsiders. Even positive ones. As an example, most (but not all) Australians consider the firearm law changes in the wake of Port Arthur to be sensible and progressive after the massacre. In the United States they were grossly misrepresented if not outright lied about by the NRA and friendly publications. Now if Australia tried to pressure the United States - in some alternate reality where we could do that realistically - to enact the same laws or risk having trade cut off, only the most ardent fringe elements of the Gun Control lobby would consider it good and everyone else would consider it an inexcusable imposition against their sovereignty and react accordingly.

I do not argue that Iran, China, Russia commit human rights abuses. But sovereignty is a thing; and unless that change comes from within it will not stick. And you need to consider that for soft to medium power line sanctions to work, America must have something all three want and refuse to give them. And if that doesn’t work depending on how hardcore your rhetoric is, you are left with two positions if they continue on their merry way: negotiating or hard power. And give the big three you mention will not budge on certain shit, realistically we’re back to Gunboat Diplomacy. Which the US could do; it has the force projection and the manpower. But after Hiroshima we were through the looking glass and frankly I’d rather not LARP Fallout 4 or On The Beaches because of two powers coming to blows.
We could simply not trade with China, Russia, and Iran.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
And then they keep fucking with us because we keep fucking with them, both sides becoming more and more intractable until the heat death of the universe or a terrorist group gets lucky.

You get how that's not solving the fucking problem, right? Just makes it bigger while punting the consequences down the road? Because we *love* training and arming pro US-interest militias and backing "pro-US" dictators, from Bin Laden to Hussein to Pinochet.

When has that ever fucking worked, ever? What does that do that's *useful* in anything but the short term besides causing millions of people to suffer for their governments? Just like Strategic Bombing, all it is is counterproductive cruelty.
I keep telling you I don't support proxy groups. But I won't trade with countries that seek to destroy my way of life. That's what I suspect Biden's trade/foreign policy is. Sanctions, and cutting off trade with some bombings in retaliation for attacks. Biden hasn't invaded or start any new wars.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

You do realize if we stop fighting Iran would see it as a sign of weakness, and see that the Great Satan has been defeated by the Proud Shia warriors or whatever, and they would exploit it even more.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You do realize if we stop fighting Iran would see it as a sign of weakness, and see that the Great Satan has been defeated by the Proud Shia warriors or whatever, and they would exploit it even more.
We don't call it Endless War for nothing.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I keep telling you I don't support proxy groups. But I won't trade with countries that seek to destroy my way of life. That's what I suspect Biden's trade/foreign policy is. Sanctions, and cutting off trade with some bombings in retaliation for attacks. Biden hasn't invaded or start any new wars.
Give it time, it's only been a month.