Biden still locks kids in cages

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really want to make a new topic for this, even though I probably should, but just another campaign promise intentionally and willfully broken.

We gonna frack on public land again boiz!
So, the ban was supposed to be "pending review" (in their words). That review is scheduled for 25 March... but the ban is set to expire before then.

I see no good reason for this. Here's hoping the review (which is to be run by the Interior Dept., which means Deb Haaland, who has long been a proponent of restricting the use of public land) follows through.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So, the ban was supposed to be "pending review" (in their words). That review is scheduled for 25 March... but the ban is set to expire before then.

I see no good reason for this. Here's hoping the review (which is to be run by the Interior Dept., which means Deb Haaland, who has long been a proponent of restricting the use of public land) follows through.
The review is due the fact that if major policy changes are made without "due consideration", US courts have shown a willingness to throw them out. For an example, see how it took Trump 3 tries to institute his "Muslim travel ban" because his administration was so incompetent they couldn't come up with a fake reason.

Having said that, there's absolutely zero reason not to extend the temporary ban until the review is completed.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Because keeping unaccompanied minors in a special, safe facility until their legal guardians can be located is absolutely the same thing as separating families as a cruel deterrent to immigration in general.
Are those special, safe facilities very cage-y?

It is this total inability to either consider or understand nuance that makes the current political discourse such a total shit show. If one is unwilling or unable to see that there's a difference in deliberately separating children from their families and keeping children already separated from their families safe while those families are located, then there's not much that can be done. At a superficial glance it is all "secured facilities" but the reason why and the actual conditions inside said facilities matter.
I concur. It's important to build camps where we can concentrate these children until their parents are found.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I concur. It's important to build camps where we can concentrate these children until their parents are found.
And give them camp activities to improve their concentration. So while they are in camp, they can be concentrating.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix