Andrew Cuomo's implosion

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I just keep remembering Moviebob and realising there are likely more people like him out there "No bad tactics only bad targets" or others pushing for some "Greater Good" approach under the belief that far more people would die due to Trump if people didn't take action..........It's not a nice thought but I think Cuomo wont be the only one found to be doing this but he's the only one being focussed on right now.
Oh, I guarantee Cuomo is not the only one. But I still wouldn't suggest any of the people who made questionable choices during early Covid response were pleased with people dying. There is evidence that some people put covid patients in nursing homes aware of the consequences, but the "greater good" rationalization is trying to keep it quarantined somewhere that doesn't destroy the hospitals even at the risk of the elderly, not let more people die because the 2020 campaign is worth killing people. I know the world of Twitter is full of people who say they would do something that extreme, but they wouldn't actually do it.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Oh, I guarantee Cuomo is not the only one. But I still wouldn't suggest any of the people who made questionable choices during early Covid response were pleased with people dying. There is evidence that some people put covid patients in nursing homes aware of the consequences, but the "greater good" rationalization is trying to keep it quarantined somewhere that doesn't destroy the hospitals even at the risk of the elderly, not let more people die because the 2020 campaign is worth killing people. I know the world of Twitter is full of people who say they would do something that extreme, but they wouldn't actually do it.
Well after seeing the footage years ago of the mad dragged from his car and his car stolen because they claimed he voted Trump. Or the special needs kid kidnapped and tortured live on facebook because of claims he voted for Trump. I'd not put it past people doing it just to get one over on Trump especially when it's Politics and that tends to have a lot of psychopaths

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Regardless of what you think of Andrew Cuomo, he's handled this well, and skillfully. He has followed the below guide to the letter.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Regardless of what you think of Andrew Cuomo, he's handled this well, and skillfully. He has followed the below guide to the letter.
And once again, you prove my point that "cancel culture" is just a scary, right-wing propaganda term for "accountability."

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And once again, you prove my point that "cancel culture" is just a scary, right-wing propaganda term for "accountability."
You mean like how Pro Jared was held accountable for........... oh right it was lies..........

How about the arenanet developer who doxed the wrong person trying to get said person fired? Oh right not even banned from twitter in the end.

How about the false claims spread about certain people on twitter? Oh right no action taken against people for doing it because they were targeting people "On the wrong side of history".

If this were accountability how come it's taken this long to hold Cuomo accountable when most of the stuff he's facing has been known and or talked about for 6 months or more?

Reactions: Gergar12

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
You mean like how Pro Jared was held accountable for........... oh right it was lies..........

How about the arenanet developer who doxed the wrong person trying to get said person fired? Oh right not even banned from twitter in the end.

How about the false claims spread about certain people on twitter? Oh right no action taken against people for doing it because they were targeting people "On the wrong side of history".

If this were accountability how come it's taken this long to hold Cuomo accountable when most of the stuff he's facing has been known and or talked about for 6 months or more?
Yes, yes, you're very concerned about free speech. We know the drill. Now hush, this doesn't concern you.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, yes, you're very concerned about free speech. We know the drill. Now hush, this doesn't concern you.
Yes yes we all can see how very good you are at presenting your dismissal of others points as having some kind of legitimacy without actually countering the points or having anything to really back up that dismissal.

Reactions: Gergar12

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yes yes we all can see how very good you are at presenting your dismissal of others points as having some kind of legitimacy without actually countering the points or having anything to really back up that dismissal.
Don't take it so personally. Just about everyone who bangs on about free speech a lot only really cares about their own free speech.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
How's this for a blast from the past? Cuomo's impeachment is becoming more and more likely, but there's a wrinkle to it.

I heard one of the women who is accusing him has filed a criminal complaint and wants the police to look into charges and prison time.
I doubt it'll happen, but I for one think if he did the crime, he does the time.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I remember hearing one conservative saying that trump would be the only one to investigate Cuomo and that democrats would never go after one of their own. Dumbass.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I remember hearing one conservative saying that trump would be the only one to investigate Cuomo and that democrats would never go after one of their own. Dumbass.
took 'em long enough. Biden's hypocrisy is also 😘 👌

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Are we gonna have to watch republicans defend cuomo because of "cancel culture". This is beautiful.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
This Andrew Cuomo guy came out of nowhere for me. Did know or cared who the Governor of New York is until Covid happened and I see him in all the Covid related news

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Some people will see it as Democrats and Republicans just being the same after all. That for all the pointed fingers and moralistic boasting of the democrats they are just as bad.

And to some extend that's probably true. I doubt Coumo's the only dirtbag in the Democrat party. But what's notable is the reaction to them being exposed. The Democrats have turned on Cuomo while Republicans tend to react to these accusation with zealous loyalty and the promise of high positions in American politics. Biden urged Cuomo to resign. The Republicans meanwhile had little issue remaining faithful to Trump or Kavanaugh after their wrongdoings got exposed.

Maybe the difference all amounts to theater. The Democrats just don't want the bad press of rapist and abusers. But its still a difference whether to reward or reject such figures for their misdeeds

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Maybe the difference all amounts to theater. The Democrats just don't want the bad press of rapist and abusers. But its still a difference whether to reward or reject such figures for their misdeeds
Given how hypocritical Biden's call on Cuomo to resign is, of course it's all theater.