Recent content by Kadayi

  1. K

    Mafia II is Not a Game

    Albeit I don't quite agree with Mr Pitts assessment in it's entirety (Shakespeare was kind of reaching), I believe he's thinking on the right tracks. Mafia 2 might dip into the cliche pool at times (it's a genre piece about violent criminals, your going to hit the usual themes), but its story is...
  2. K

    236: Finding Meaning in Modern Warfare

    Makarov simply wants to kill Americans? Seems a little bit nebulous to me. I mean why exactly does Makarov want to kill Americans? What did they do? Bully him at school and steal his lunch money? See wanting to kill someone might be a desire, but it's not in itself a motivation. I want to see a...
  3. K

    236: Finding Meaning in Modern Warfare

    Things that didn't make much sense to me: - 1) Why on earth would a footsoldier get selected to become an undercover operative? Surely someone with a Russian Heritage and an undercover background would have been a better choice no? 2) What kind of terrorist leader knowingly puts...
  4. K

    Great games that have gone 'under the radar'

    Psychonauts for sure. Beyond good & evil. Might seem kiddish, but it's excellent fun. Hidden & Dangerous 2. Kind of got lost in all the FPs MoH & Call of Duty games, but it's a great team shooter with a lot of atmosphere. Mafia. Not perfect and certainly not a 1920s version of GTA...
  5. K

    The Witcher Enhanced Edition Announced

    Great News. Perhaps the Escapist might review it properly this time when it is released. The last attempt was laughable (if your going to bandy the word 'misogyny' around, at least know what it means), and the post review banfest a major dent in the sites credibility.
  6. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Witcher

    Silverookami I don't think people object to him reviewing or the game, but he hardly delved into it and it's not really enough to put the disclaimer 'first impressions' on the review and think that gives a license to rip into it at length. The disappointment for those of us who have played...
  7. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Witcher

    And only 3% of the people who read that article agreed with it. The other 97% asked for the reviewer to be fired for ineptness. ;)
  8. K

    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Coming to Steam

    Well given they've split with their publisher, Steam is probably the only place your likely to find it, I suggest you get over your inhibitions and join the 13 million people who happily use it.
  9. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Witcher

    It was from Painkiller, not the Witcher.
  10. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Witcher

    In his pre-Zero Punctuation days Yatzee famously bitched out Fable for offering generic Good & Evil choices, and more recently Mass Effect as well (Paragon vs renegade). If he's managed to play past the Village, which is only the second chapter (and pretty short) he'd of realized that the...
  11. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Orange Box

    Apparently not a good selling game (because big sales = shit). Though given that Half life itself (which isn't shit based on what he said) was one of the biggest selling games ever, his theory seems somewhat amateur. Anyhows I wouldn't waste your time arguing with him. Play TF2 instead it's much...
  12. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Orange Box

    Use the cloak effect to get behind the opposition, then uncloak discretely to mingle. Also note you can plant saps whilst cloaked, so a typical tactic is to cloak, plant saps on a turret then whilst the turret is disabled and the engineer occupied removing, them uncloak and backstab him, then...
  13. K

    Zero Punctuation: The Orange Box

    Seriously I don't ever recall anyone ever saying or claiming that HL2 had fantastically challenging AI at all, you might be getting confused with the original half-life game, which certainly was innovative at the time (prior to then pretty much all AI just rushed at you in a suicidal frenzy Doom...
  14. K

    Gabe Newell Calls PlayStation 3 A Waste of Time

    Some time back before Episode 1 launched Gabe did a couple of lengthy video interviews at 1up where he laid into both the X360 and the PS3, clearly what changed between then and now is that Microsoft must have listened to what he said and Sony didn't.
  15. K

    Sony Announces 40 GB PlayStation 3 For Europe; No Backward Compatibility

    It's a pretty big issue if you love your games, as it stands presently PS3..not much happening games wise as yet so not being able to play your old PS2 games on the thing is a pretty valid concern. Given the choice between buying a decent system or one that's hamstrung I'm inclined to hold out...