CNN Insider admits hyping death toll of Covid to drive ratings.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I dunno how you dismiss the videos though.
Since I can't seem to get to them from the links you provided... Mostly because O'Keefe's Twitter account was suspended, seemingly over these videos.

So I went and tracked down links to them, in case anyone else is interested in what they were actually accused of:

Seriously remember when CNN claimed reading Wiki Leaks was illegal unless you were a member of the press?
I knew CNN was a dumbass channel, I remember the clip of the report in front of a burning building going "Mostly peaceful protests."
Or that time they posted Sylville Smith's sister giving a speech, describing it as a "call for peace" until someone released a longer clip in which the literal next sentence is her telling them to go after white suburbs instead.

Or that time some guy on Twitter posted a meme of Trump body slamming the CNN logo, so CNN tracked the creator down and posted an article about how they'd located him but they weren't going to release his info publicly because he'd promised not to post anything that upsets CNN ever again. Should he do so, they have his info on hand and will dox him.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
In the comment section on Youtube of a CNN video and people calling them out about Project Veritas and I said its bullshit and they call me stupid and told me what was doctored or not.

That the CNN Insider statements is false and doctored.

I don't know how but all I know is by reputation and sources according to Wikipedia that Project Veritas and O'keefe has been known for that.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
And I keep getting responses of people telling me that the CNN situation is not a fabrication. And it seems like they are giving me actual compelling arguements.

Look at this comment I got from a commenter:

" Because Twitter bans anything that exposes the left. It's just a good thing that Veritas is taking Twitter to court, there they can present their evidence and PROVE it while Charlie Chester, CNN and Twitter get exposed on a higher level."

Last edited:

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
And I keep getting responses of people telling me that the CNN situation is not a fabrication. And it seems like they are giving me actual compelling arguements.

Look at this comment I got from a commenter:

" Because Twitter bans anything that exposes the left. It's just a good thing that Veritas is taking Twitter to court, there they can present their evidence and PROVE it while Charlie Chester, CNN and Twitter get exposed on a higher level."
Well how is that compelling? A baseless generalisation that is meaningless - 'twitter bans anything that exposes the left'.
And Veritas taking them to court will be on a terms of service violation most likely and will have nothing to do with the "evidence" against cnn.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Well if we’re listening to experts only; why the fuck would we listen to you on the subject? You aren’t an MD and your evidence is observed and anecdotal only.
It's like if the Dunning-Kreuger effect and confirmation bias had a baby....
Everything I've said (outside of my personal anecdote) is what other experts and doctors have said. The reason why I've had no problem doing stuff like (gasp!) meeting in person is because I had covid at the very start of the pandemic so I already had immunity for 99% of the pandemic. Why should I be worried about either getting or spreading it? That's not my opinion, that's expert opinions. There is no case and absolutely nothing pointing to covid immunity not lasting years. SARS from 2003 transfers immunity to covid (scientific fact) and it has 17+ years of immunity and counting (scientific fact). Why would covid act like the flu in that regard and not like it's extremely close relative? That makes no logical sense or scientific sense. Those reinfection stories run by the news were bullshit. Those stories about finding covid weeks later on a cruise ship were bullshit too because viruses don't "die" so your find the inactive virus in a place that it was weeks/months later, that means nothing as to whether you can get it from there. "The chance of transmission through inanimate surfaces is very small," says Prof Emmanuel Goldman of Rutgers University. The chances of getting covid outside is extremely low. And we knew that from other respiratory viruses as well. Also, kids (pre 1st grade) don't need masks at all because they don't even have the ACE2 receptors that covid utilizes, that's from Dr. Paul Offit who is the very top dog vaccine expert (are you not going to believe him?). He also said the chances of a variant escaping the vaccines is extremely low, it's not something to worry about basically.

These are not my opinions, they are the opinions of top experts and doctors in the field. The only interest I have ever had is to find out how bad the coronavirus so I know what to do for me and my family and friends. If you want as close to zero risk as humanly possible, then stay home and don't see anyone. If you wanna reduce covid risk to what are normal levels of acceptable risk (like driving a car), then you can do a lot more things and be safe. Staying home and not seeing anyone also does harm (as shown in Errant Signal's last video), there's no way to have both zero risk and zero harm, it's just not gonna happen.

I just listened to the following video on my way back home, Chicago, from Lafayette, Indiana. Guess what both the doctors said about needing a vaccine if you already had covid? A big fat NOPE with a bunch of laughter. The video is a great example of how majority scientific opinion vs public health messages greatly differ. Right now, the news is running stories of how younger people are getting hit with covid more, no shit Sherlock, all the old people got vaccinated, of course young people are going to be the ones getting it. Public health messages are all about getting to ZERO risk, which you can't do anyway, vs just telling you what the actual data is. Sure, you can get covid outside but you do plenty of other things in your normal life that are far more risky than whatever minute chance of getting covid is outside.

I don't care and know your bulling me on a lot of shit. Either you are very unlucky, or you've not been following safety and guidelines enough. You're no medical expert, so I am not taking your "advice". I got a mom that's been a registered nurse for 30+ years. High in her field and has never lead me nor my brother astray.
I'm not bullying anyone, just telling the facts and what is actually going on. The news narrative is a joke. Pretty much everything I said above and check out the video I posted, it's just doctors talking without any "journalist" transcribing their quotes to the narrative.

Reactions: Ender910

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not bullying anyone
I said bulling. As in bullshitting me. I know the media has huge issues, but Fox News is way worse. My family and I survived by having fucking commons sense, and we continue to do so. You can't convince me otherwise, because I've stopped listening.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Being gang piled in the comment thread in Youtube, everyone seems to buying this situation with CNN at the moment and telling me this is the case.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Being gang piled in the comment thread in Youtube, everyone seems to buying this situation with CNN at the moment and telling me this is the case.
Because of the people who watch project veritas are the idiots who, A already accept the narrative that the news is all fake except for their news or, B are ones that are too dumb or don't care how much pv lies about things.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Because of the people who watch project veritas are the idiots who, A already accept the narrative that the news is all fake except for their news or, B are ones that are too dumb or don't care how much pv lies about things.
Now I'm being called stupid for saying Twitter does not ban people all the time for no reason.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Now I'm being called stupid for saying Twitter does not ban people all the time for no reason.
Twitter has an automated process that seems to respond more to volume of reports than anything else. So it's not no reason, but it's pretty trash.

Reactions: Ender910

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I said bulling. As in bullshitting me. I know the media has huge issues, but Fox News is way worse. My family and I survived by having fucking commons sense, and we continue to do so. You can't convince me otherwise, because I've stopped listening.
I totally read bully too. Not blaming you, it's just one term is used far more frequently and I just misread it

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Twitter has an automated process that seems to respond more to volume of reports than anything else. So it's not no reason, but it's pretty trash.
This is not meant to shift blame from Twitter but I don't know how better to deal with it. Eg. Users reporting is WAY better than Twitter creating an algorithm to find 'bad posts'. I know its abused but I dont know of a good alternative

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Remind them that noted Omni-liberal Destiny was banned from Twitter multiple times.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Not actually a great counterpoint, tbh
Are you kidding, its the perfect counterpoint. Chances are a lot of them know of Destiny and are super triggered by him.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Are you kidding, its the perfect counterpoint. Chances are a lot of them know of Destiny and are super triggered by him.
Steve "let's have people like Kyle Rittenhouse kill protestors" Bonnell has pretty shit politics.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Steve "let's have people like Kyle Rittenhouse kill protestors" Bonnell has pretty shit politics.
Not actually true. He says that defense of property is understandable even to the point of killing to defend it, but he thinks getting a gun to go defend someone else's is kinda dumb. You can certainly justify destruction of government property as part of grievances, but randomly destroying private property is just stupid and self defeating. Which it is, how does setting fire to a car dealer ship or smashing the windows of a starbucks or destroying black owned businesses help the cause of BLM? It doesn't, all it does is turn public opinion against the protests.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Not actually true. He says that defense of property is understandable even to the point of killing to defend it, but he thinks getting a gun to go defend someone else's is kinda dumb. You can certainly justify destruction of government property as part of grievances, but randomly destroying private property is just stupid and self defeating. Which it is, how does setting fire to a car dealer ship or smashing the windows of a starbucks or destroying black owned businesses help the cause of BLM? It doesn't, all it does is turn public opinion against the protests.
No.